Closed Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fantastic!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default A glimmer of hope with Lynn

Hi All,

I've been reading this forum (and others) for some time but this is my first time to post... My story is I have a gorgeous son who is almost three and had a miscarriage last year and haven't been able to conceive since. We've been TTC for just over 18 months and whilst I understand others wait much longer, I've really found it such a roller coaster. I started seeing Lynn early this year and am on my third (and last) clomid cycle with progesterone and on Sunday I got the fainest, faintest line on a HPT. Had my blood work done Monday and progesterone is 70 and HCG 36! I was elated and relieved to hear that but of course now I can't stop thinking about just getting this little miracle past those all important first months. We lost our last bub two days before my 12 week scan and I still don't think I've really come to grips with the loss.

I just wanted to let everyone know that it's really kept me going to be able to come onto these forums and read other peoples stories, some that give you hope and some that make you realise what an absolute miracle it is to have a healthy child... that's something that I will never take for granted.

I'd started preparing for IVF (forms done, etc) and am still in shock that this last cycle seems to have worked (for now!) because I'd really given up hope of us conceiving naturally.

Good luck ladies - oh, and I think Lynn is just fantastic. I feel that I'm in the very best hands and couldn't be more grateful.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4a2nd For This Useful Post:

thesmallestmeasure  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I'm feeling the love, I know it's very cheesy to say that, but Beta and as so many have shared your words of wisdom and kindness I got a call today. Ran out of a meeting to take it and low and behold it was a call from Lynn's office. Boom I have an appt next Tuesday, I'm so excitedand at the same time trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground. Jupiter74 when you say nerves I know exactly how you feel, I have been walking around in a floaty state.
    Hoping4a2nd I'm a first timer blogger and fingers x hoping4a1st. I wish you and the rest a load of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww mischief there u go! We both got earlier appts! : ) fantastic!

Question for the girls who have been seeing Lynn for a little while... I'm 38 nearly 39, OH had good sperm analysis, my AMH is 42.8p/mol, antral follicle count was 8. No obvious issues that the FS at mercy hospital was concerned about anyway. He just said 'relax & keep trying'.

I know you'd only be taking a wild guess, but any ideas whether I'm likely to be offered clomid or something along those lines before jumping straight into IVF?? Just going by ur own experiences?? Although I don't want to waste time, I guess I'd also like the chance u be given a bit of help but nothing to drastic right off the bat?? Having said that.. From wot I'm hearing & the faith u all have in her, ill just go with wot ever lynn suggests. AF arrived today & yet again am gutted... At least I have an earlier appt now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Juniper,

Lynn seems quite keen to do her own examinations and rule out possible causes very systematically. Despite me already having a child, Lynn wanted to do a laparoscopy to see for herself. Once hubby's sperm and my anatomy were ruled out, she advised three rounds of clomid and then straight onto IVF.

Hope this helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoping4a2nd For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I was hoping to cancel my appointment with Lynn as my 2nd round of IVF resulted in a perfect blast. But yesterday I had my blood test and HCG came back at 40 so very low for what they consider "normal" they were hoping for something in the 100's. So i've kept my apt with her for tomorrow morning and will also have a repeat blood test to see if levels increase. I did a yesterday at 3pm & this is what I got.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1374705091.083833.jpg

I'm going to do another today to see if it increases... More waiting!!!

Looking forward to meeting Lynn regardless as she's meant to be amazing at what she does so every interested to hear what she has to say about us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb2011, that's fantastic that you got a BFP. I will keep my fingers crossed that your HCG keeps rising nicely. You must be feeling so very anxious about it and no matter how much people tell you to relax, it's easier said than done.
    I have another week to go before I have my blood test, but I'm fairly sure I know what the result will be anyway. Last night I had lower back pain and that usual feeling that my period is on its way.
    Good luck Jb2011 - I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoping4a2nd View Post
    Juniper,

Lynn seems quite keen to do her own examinations and rule out possible causes very systematically. Despite me already having a child, Lynn wanted to do a laparoscopy to see for herself. Once hubby's sperm and my anatomy were ruled out, she advised three rounds of clomid and then straight onto IVF.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for that info! I'd be happy with something similar to wot ur doing. To try clomid at least a couple of times & then move on.

Do all of u girls have private health insurance?? I don't.. And am getting nervous about how much tests etc could be before we even get to a y treatments!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you.
    I have been seeing Lynn for 3yrs now for PCOS management and since the start of this year for TTC. I'm on Metformin and Clomid but its not working so I'm waiting for bloods today for next steps. Rare late ovulation and really short LP.
    I've found her brilliant and have finally convinced my sister to see her too. Anywho, just thought I'd stick my head in and say hi and hope you're all traveling ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by juniper74 View Post
    Thanks for that info! I'd be happy with something similar to wot ur doing. To try clomid at least a couple of times & then move on.

Do all of u girls have private health insurance?? I don't.. And am getting nervous about how much tests etc could be before we even get to a y treatments!!
    I have PH but some of the tests are just claimable on Medicare for partial refund. Eg. She used to send me for ULtrasounds regularly and I would be out of pocket may be $180 but now that she does them herself, my follow up ultrasound yesterday was $36 and it was covered by Medicare. She normally bulk bills bloods. I haven't gone down the IVF road yet so not sure on those numbers but I find her good because she doesn't call you in to give results, she'll either have a nurse call/or sometimes her or post them depending on what for so you're not paying for extra appointments just for that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBeCcA7 For This Useful Post:

juniper74  (27-07-2013)