Closed Thread
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mischeif, welcome to Melbourne and to the bubhub forum. I have been seeing another FS and my 1st cycle was cancelled and I am currently waiting for my pregnancy BT on wednesday from my 2nd cycle. If i'm not pregnant I will see Lynn on Friday, I booked in this appointment about 2.5mths ago when my 1st cycle was cancelled - she certainly has a long list. Do you have an appointment and/or on the waiting list?

From what I have heard she is worth the wait... maybe in the meantime you could go to a natropath and they could get some natural supplements happening? Or book in with another FS so that you can get your husband's results back and anything you need tested and have them ready when you see Lynn?

Sorry I can't be much more help. Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would put yourself on the standby list and wait for Lynn. Welcome to Melbourne.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yep if you're flexible with taking an appointment with short notice then ask to go on the wait list - I got in within 3 weeks, when my initial appointment was 2.5 months away. The other recommended FS for older ladies is Nick Lolgatis at Monash - his wait wasn't quite as long.

Just an update - I've just started my cycle yesterday so stimming away for 13 or so days - already feeling twinges which is to be expected on a quick 'boost' cycle I guess and two lots of injections a day.

Anyone else cycling at the moment?

Em x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mischief, I'm also waiting to see Lynn. Wait was also about 2.5mths... But from what I hear/read she is worth it. Something you could do is make an appt with her, but also ask for a referral to the mercy hospital for women reproductive biology unit. Lynn is actually the head of the dept there. You could then start the ball rolling with tests is blood tests, follicle ultrasound & AMH & maybe HSG if the doc u see recommends it. This is wot ive done by default... i was referred to the Mercy by my GP, then while i was there the doc i saw spoke to Lynn & then referred me onto her. So I've had all those tests done now & see Lynn in sept. At least if u do it that way u would have some results and info to take to Lynn at monash when u then see her. And u won't feel like it's been wasted time.

Welcome to melbourne by the way!! I'm from the UK too (Scottish). Hope ur settling in ok here???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to juniper74 For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's amazing and worth the wait, I got in early after a cancellation too. Now I'm 8.5 weeks and didnt need IVF, she just put me on a few things and they've worked so far! Fingers crossed!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody1982 For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with all the other ladies - ask to be put on the waiting/cancellation list. I initially rang on a Monday afternoon and was booked in to see Lynn about six weeks later, but the next day, her receptionist rang me and told me that Lynn could see us on the Thursday! So we saw her just four days after that first phone call. Best of luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies, so I have had cycle monitoring and HSG, loads of blood tests back in the UK. Husband has low motility so some of the initial investigation has been done. I am trying to get access to the results from the tests back home -lovely NHS! Do you think more tests need to to happen? Before the appt with Lynn.

I will try the office again tomorrow and some the names that you have mentioned above. I have to say impatience and nerves slowly kicking in and trying to keep focused and positive so thank you for your support and advise.

I have hypo thyroid and don't mind trying the natural remedies/ methods. Can you recommend what I can use and maybe even for my husband.

Finally thanks for the warm welcome to Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mischiefb what area of melbourne are you in? You might see that some of us have used Chinese medicine to get ourselves ready for IVF, (usually 3 month prep is advised), it would definitely be worthwhile both you and your DH doing before you see Lynn. My sister was 43 when she went to Lynn after all the other doctors gave up, she had success. Lynn specializes in male factor infertility too btw. Like the others, I'd recommend you go with Lynn, I know the wait it hard tho! Lynn quite often likes to do a laparoscopy but usually it's quick to organise and IVF can start fairly quickly afterwards. My advice would be give yourselves a 3 month preparation with a good Chinese doctor (pm for recommendation in northern suburbs) remove caffeine, sugars and alcohol from your diet and see Lynn. If you have any weight issues Lynn will advise you work on it too from what I've heard. IVF works well for younger people with male factor infertility but us older women need to put a bit of effort in to get the eggs the best they can be and although it sounds time consuming its less time and cost in the long run of your body is prepared. Good luck!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just thinking yesterday that I had never been offered an earlier appt.. & bam! Today I got a call moving my appt up a whole month : ) only 2 and a bit weeks from now... Gosh.. Feel kinda nervous about it now!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to juniper74 For This Useful Post:

Mischiefb  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excellent!