Closed Thread
Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to the group, Juniper74. I hope you find Lynn as lovely as I did, and all the best with your IVF journey.

Just a question for all you ladies - after stopping the Crinone on Wednesday night, it looks like my period is finally making an appearance! Have worked out that Day 9 for me will be Sunday 14th. So my question is - if your Day 9 scan and blood test falls on a Sunday, are they more likely to do it on Day 8 (Saturday) or Day 10 (Monday)??? Thanks girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question & wondering wot you ladies think. I know that Lynn seems to get girls to take melatonin to improve egg quality. I told my GP about it & that I'm seeing Lynn in sept, & the GP was happy to give me a script now for it so that I can kind of 'get a head start' on taking it.

Ive got the script.. But now I feel a bit nervous about taking it. I've read various things about side effects etc & now I'm thinking 'hmm maybe I should just wait'..

What do any of you think??? Would u start taking it now? Lynn wrote in a tweet earlier this week that she recommends 4mg at nite, so that's what my GP wrote me up for.. Thoughts???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siansmum, you can ask to have your scan a day earlier, I did so due to work commitments. I dont think they do scans on Sun and they prefer to scan you earlier rather than later.

Welcome Juniper, I was on 4mg melatonin for 4 weeks before egg collection. No good to be on it for longer. Lynn will prescribe it to you if she thinks you need it. Be patient and trust her, she knows her stuff. My amh was 34 with PCO, had no symptoms and only found out during a proper scan a year ago.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191
    Last edited by lena78; 06-07-2013 at 14:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!

Lena, when u say u had a proper scan to find out u had PCOS what did it involve? I ask bcos I had an internal pelvic ultrasound only a month ago, and there were only 8 follicles which wouldn't suggest PCOS. What kind of scan did you have?

Im really nervous about the costs involved, ive been referred to Lynn to basically discuss possibly trying IUI, & Lynn told the doctor to warn me that it would cost around $1500... which i can cope with.. But im wondering is that just for the procedure? I'm guessing yes. then theres the cost of meds on top??..

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seams that you had the 'right' scan. When I had mine they found about 8 follicles in each ovary. I'm not a doctor, but I would say you have PCO. You can always repeat the amh test...

I've never done IUI, but the cost seam about right for that treatment based on what I read on other threads. I would say the cost is all inclusive, so no other extras.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Juniper, on my list of fees from Monash, 'Artificial Insemination' is $2200 With A $658 rebate from medicare... So That Sounds About Right... The Fees Have Changed Slightly Since July 1 though. you can request a phone consultation with a nurse through the monash website and it's free perhaps that would be your best option for getting all the in formation you need at the moment regarding costs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just a little update on me: This has been a VERY long cycle for me... firstly started a down reg cycle - on the pill for 3 weeks, synarel for 2 weeks then 16 days of stims, 6 scans and Blood tests and FINALLY last night I had the trigger injection for egg collection on tomorrow at 11am... HALLELUJAH! there are some good mature eggs in there as I can definitely feel a lot going on inside me... then of course praying for good numbers, fertilisation and that we have some nice 5day embies to transfer.... the journey to motherhood certainly is filled with hope, lots of finger crossing, highs and lows but from what everyone says it's totally worth it!

Starting to feel a bit nervous about tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great news jb, good luck for tomorrow!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emski - 19 eggs collected!!! Lets hope for great fertilization rates and making it to day 5! Will either do fresh (if no signs of OHSS) or will do a frozen transfer in a few weeks... Watch this space...! Very relieved EPU is over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Thanks Emski - 19 eggs collected!!! Lets hope for great fertilization rates and making it to day 5! Will either do fresh (if no signs of OHSS) or will do a frozen transfer in a few weeks... Watch this space...! Very relieved EPU is over.
    That's terrific news, Jb2011. Fantastic number of eggs. Fingers crossed for lots of little embies in a few days.