Closed Thread
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You've got a plan Beta, that's good, now you can move on and work towards the plan :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes a plan does help actually. At least I can get psychologically prepared. Back to Richard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, tomorrow I start my first cycle with Lynn. She's had me on DHEA, Melatonin and Trisequens for the past month, and tomorrow (Day 2), I'll inject Elonva in the morning and then from Monday, Orgalutran and Puregon until my Day 9 scan. Lynn has said that if I have three follicles or less, I'll still have two Ovidrel trigger shots and then DH and I will just do the timed intercourse (how romantic!!!), but if more than three follicles, we'll go down the egg pick up road.

My husband has said that this will probably have to be our last shot at it because we just can't afford to do any more full cycles. So, I'm in two minds about how many follicles I want to see on the screen - on one hand, the more follicles, the greater our chance of getting an egg, but it'll mean paying for a full cycle and this would have to be our last one. On the other hand, if we only get three follicles, the cycle will be cancelled and we just pay for meds and try naturally. My husband has said if the cycle gets cancelled, we could try one more cycle. I know I should be hoping for the most follicles possible, but I also know that if we get a few and still no egg or embryo, then that's it and we have to accept that Dane will grow up alone. I'm so sad about the prospect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sian tough one. Let the cards fall where they may and take that road and own it. You are a strong woman who deserves this. We have blind faith. I really want this for you,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Sian tough one. Let the cards fall where they may and take that road and own it. You are a strong woman who deserves this. We have blind faith. I really want this for you,
    Thanks lilypily. Just to let you know, my name is Claire and my daughter is Sian Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Well, tomorrow I start my first cycle with Lynn. She's had me on DHEA, Melatonin and Trisequens for the past month, and tomorrow (Day 2), I'll inject Elonva in the morning and then from Monday, Orgalutran and Puregon until my Day 9 scan. Lynn has said that if I have three follicles or less, I'll still have two Ovidrel trigger shots and then DH and I will just do the timed intercourse (how romantic!!!), but if more than three follicles, we'll go down the egg pick up road.

My husband has said that this will probably have to be our last shot at it because we just can't afford to do any more full cycles. So, I'm in two minds about how many follicles I want to see on the screen - on one hand, the more follicles, the greater our chance of getting an egg, but it'll mean paying for a full cycle and this would have to be our last one. On the other hand, if we only get three follicles, the cycle will be cancelled and we just pay for meds and try naturally. My husband has said if the cycle gets cancelled, we could try one more cycle. I know I should be hoping for the most follicles possible, but I also know that if we get a few and still no egg or embryo, then that's it and we have to accept that Dane will grow up alone. I'm so sad about the prospect.
    That's really tuff... I hope you get a good result either way... & I'm sure it's not an option with thinking about but there are so many kids out there in need of loving families, you have a beautiful family to offer someone a home 😊 lets take it slow, one foot in front of the other... Keep us posted on your progress 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Claire... Sorry I was shortening your name not realizing I was using your little girls name. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bfn ladies. Back to a full stim in August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lilypily, I'm so very sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed for a BFP next cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Blah - Lilypilly sorry to read your update. It's never easy . Make sure you spoil yourself this week.

Well my blood test results are slowly rolling in from the 13 or so vials I had taken a couple of weeks ago. Turns out I'm positive for Coeliac disease which can have an effect on fertility due to malabsorption issues. My blood antibodies were very high so Lynn sent me for the gene test also, my GP seems to think with a high blood test that's a pretty accurate diagnosis. You are supposed to continue gluten and go for a endoscopy for full diagonosis, but it can take a couple of months to get in for the endo... time I don't have at 41. So I'm going gluten free now and will do the endo when we are no longer doing fertility treatment.

I've also got low APC resistance and am being sent back to test for Factor V Leiden mutation - some sort of clotting disorder. At least I'm getting somewhere as far as answers go...

How is everyone else going? It's been a bit quiet in here.

em x