Closed Thread
Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Lena - fantastic news!
    There seems to be a lot of good news in this thread which gives me hope.
    Seahorse glad to hear you got moved up the list too... July was seeming an eternity away to me.

My first appt was a whirlwind - in a good way. I had my little list of questions at the ready and promptly forgot about half of them...
    She booked me in for a hystereoscopy and uterine scratch later in June - having a ****load of blood tests done (although Lynn forgot to give me the referral lol - will have to go back tomorrow).
    I've also been put on on Dhea and Melatonin - just a question on the melatonin if anyone else has been prescribed it - how many times a day are you supposed to take it? The pharmacist was querying the dosage of 4mg x 3 times a day saying áre you sure that's what your FS really wanted?' Which now has me second guessing.

Will be doing a boost/flare cycle in July with antibiotic support, clexene and something else I think ... Lynn is throwing everything at me which is fine by me. I'll also get more luteal phase support that I've ever had as she agreed with me that a 9-10 day luteal phase wasn't right. I think I got more accomplished in that 20 minute appointment than I did in 14 months at my last clinic. So very much looking forward to the future. She did also mention chromosone testing - is that CGH testing? Is that the one that costs like 6.5k?

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emski, I'm new to Melatonin, so I'm no expert (although my little girl was on it each night for sleep issues), but Lynn has me on one 4mg tablet each night. The fact that Melatonin makes you sleepy, would make me suggest that having during the day would not be a good idea! The DHEA is taken three times a day, but the Melatonin is only at night - about half an hour before you want to sleep. Just give her receptionist a call and ask her to check it for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    hanks Siansmum that makes sense. will get them to double check when I call tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Lena I can't believe it! Those numbers are incredible! I have been waiting for your post every day and somehow missed it. Oh wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Lena I can't believe it! Those numbers are incredible! I have been waiting for your post every day and somehow missed it. Oh wow!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

lena78  (29-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seahorse, for this cycle, to get my eggs in best shape possible, I was doing TCM (acupuncture & herbs) for 4 months, I quit coffee and alcohol, I was off processed food and exercise, I was on Vitamin E, CoQ10, elevit and goji berries. Lynn then put me on Melatonin 4 weeks before OPU for egg quality and she suggested we do HA-ICSI and calcium activation of oocyte to overcome sperm issue. I think that the way monash stim you also plays a huge role in everyone success. This cycle I was stimmed for only 8 days, whereas with the previous ones, it was around 10 days. This meant that I still got huge number of eggs (22), which worried me at the time, but there were only about a dozen of good size and of those 4 fertilised normally. These four seemed to be doing great from day one and we transferred two and for the first time were able to freeze one. At the start of the thread Beta listed a few books I read and based on that I've made the lifestyle changes listed above. Monash also doesn't muck around the luteal support, I got the whole package of drugs

Emski, I was on Melatonin, 1 tablet a day, I took it at night, it puts you to sleep within 20 minutes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lena78 For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (08-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    It is incredible, isn't it? I can't thank you enough for all the advice you gave me and for introducing me to Richard - I think it played a huge role in our success. I'm definitely on 9 at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm booked to see Lynn next week to find out what to do with my frosties. My AMH was <2 18 months ago so if the frosties don't work I'm back to where I was scraping the bottom of the barrel as Lynn referred to it, but perhaps even worse this time. I feel under pressure to find out ASAP what to do but at the same time I'll be devastated if I have to wean my DS to start ivf again. I'm torn between knowing i want another child one day but just wanting to enjoy my lot in life right now but run the risk of not having success if I leave things too long. Age is not on my side. I feel guilty posting this but I guess it's a Lynn thread and hopefully you will all be posting one day when you are also Lynn veterans x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
    It is incredible, isn't it? I can't thank you enough for all the advice you gave me and for introducing me to Richard - I think it played a huge role in our success. I'm definitely on 9 at the moment.
    Richard and Lynn must have a lot of confidence, they have so many successes! You worked hard for it though! It gets confusing knowing what was the trick, but putting it all together it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    I'm booked to see Lynn next week to find out what to do with my frosties. My AMH was <2 18 months ago so if the frosties don't work I'm back to where I was scraping the bottom of the barrel as Lynn referred to it, but perhaps even worse this time. I feel under pressure to find out ASAP what to do but at the same time I'll be devastated if I have to wean my DS to start ivf again. I'm torn between knowing i want another child one day but just wanting to enjoy my lot in life right now but run the risk of not having success if I leave things too long. Age is not on my side. I feel guilty posting this but I guess it's a Lynn thread and hopefully you will all be posting one day when you are also Lynn veterans x

Everyone's story is different and you have the right to choose the path you think is best for you and your family. IVF journey has thought me to stay true to myself, focused and to have hope no matter what. I would be surprised if you wouldn't have another baby from one of your frosties when the time is right for you. Monash truly does freeze only those embies that have the potential. Good to check those AMH levels for piece of mind though