Closed Thread
Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeay for DH swimmers

I'm size 10 and have always taken only one pen (250). Seams that they've given you enough, not sure what has happened... What exactly did they say happened to the other follicles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure Lena, he said something about there was evidence of something inside the follicles but I was in too much shock to really take it all in. Could I have ovulated some earlier than others? He did say something about the trigger not working but the rest is a blur. I've tried calling Lynn's office twice with no answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Riss cycles have a way of sometimes working out. My first donor cycle only 1 egg fertilized out of 10. My sister and I were deveststed and cried all the way to the airport. It was such a let down and shock. But you know what I'm about to finish work and pick the 1 fertilized embryo up from daycare who is now nearly 2 years old. I really only takes 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lilypily that is amazing! It gives me so much hope. Thank you
    I know things happen for a reason and i am just happy we had enough of DH's frozen sperm for this go because i didn't want him to be in pain. I have been taking so much stuff to improve my egg quality over the last 3 months I just hope they will be perfect. Tell you what IVF always keeps you on your toes.
    Thank you for easing my mind a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss don't give up hope yet. I had five picked up last cycle, one of those is hiccuping on my shoulder x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually the very first cycle I had 9 follicles on ultrasound then only one was retrieved at EPU. There never was a reasonable explanation. I was devastated too. With four they can still take them to blastocyst it's only under 3 they won't. FX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thanks beta! Another story to keep the hopes up. 😄 I'm not sure if they will do blast now till we get some results tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your support ladies.. I really needed it today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update- just spoke to Lynn. She was shocked with my result too and said that with 12 follicles she expected more. Actually most of the girls who went in for egg collection yesterday had considerably lower eggs collected than they anticipated! she thinks the ovidril given to us was a bad batch. Even the doc who did the procedure was depressed with the results as there was so many girls in my spot. That would explain the girl bawling next to me when the nurse gave her her egg number. So she has ordered some bloods to check my hcg level to see if there is enough in my system. On a good note 3 have fertilized and now we will go in Saturday for a day 3 transfer of 2 and grow the last to blast. If there is a silver lining to all this is that Lynn said she might change the trigger to pregynl for the rest of u girls who are going through it soon. Now the waiting game till Sunday- grow embies, grow!! 🙏🙏🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for 3 out of 4 fertilize! I can't believe that they've given you a dodgy trigger You would think that, considering how much a cycle cost, something like this would never happen. Grow embies, grow
    Last edited by lena78; 14-03-2013 at 17:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear the fert rates Riss. Dodgy triggers is a rarity, I wonder if the batch wasn't stored properly somewhere along the line, that is reeeeealy bad luck. Lets hope the embies grow!