Closed Thread
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please

Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Thank you... Your story sounds like my first cycle - maybe I should try hold out... Ill see how I go - bloods are booked for the 6th but I don't find out till the arvo, how late do they normally call? How far along are you now?

I am feeling really positive, the embryologist said this one is fantastic, it was doing everything it needed!

I also had confirmed this morning I have 2 snow babies 😊 obviously I'd love more but I'm happy with that considering the other nurse said I might not get any to freeze!
    2 snow babies is actually not too bad. The embryologist gets very excited about embryos, she rushed down the corridor to give us a pic of ours after transfer. That emby is now a 7 week old baby boy they called us about 2pm..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please

My nurse will be Sheila, any of you met her? Any thoughts or opinions?

Does Monash give everyone a pick of the embryo?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lena78 View Post
    My nurse will be Sheila, any of you met her? Any thoughts or opinions?

Does Monash give everyone a pick of the embryo?
    Don't know Sheila.. What do you mean pick of the embryo? The embryologist comes and talks to you on the day of transfer and talks about all the embryos (nice, compared to MIVF!) and what the stats are. With ours she said if we transferred 2 we had a 60% chance of twins.. We freaked and asked for just one. So they tell you how things are looking, if you transferred anything from MIVF they pop them in the mix as well. It was really great I thought to actually talk about the embryos, I never realized how crap my ones were from MIVF as no one tells you the grading etc. when I was referred to my obs by Lynn there was a d/c summary with a record of the embryos and their grading so I guess it's possible to ask for a print out from the embryologist.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF - feedback wanted please

Hi Beta,

I meant to ask if they always give you a picture of the embryo...

I agree, MIVF for whatever reason doesn't discuss embryo quality, I don't even think the embryologist is there at the transfer, just a nurse or assistant. I wish I moved on to Monash ages ago. What's the transfer with the camera like?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Beta,

I agree, MIVF for whatever reason doesn't discuss embryo quality, I don't even think the embryologist is there at the transfer, just a nurse or assistant. I wish I moved on to Monash ages ago. What's the transfer with the camera like?
    Not sure on that one I think they do. I think they show you under the microscope too. The transfer is the same as normal but with ultrasound so you can see it being popped in. My sister reckons a FS dropped one of her embryos at MIVF because it didn't go well then the FS kept going on about how fabulous the transfer went! At least with u/s you can see with your own eyes it going in

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

lena78  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Beta,

MIVF never discuss your embryos with you! I asked why our if 20 I only got 3 & my FS answer was "it's just how it works" no specifics to me and my quality embryos.

The embryologist had a picture & I asked for a copy, she was more than happy to get one for me.

You have a FS doing the transfer, nurse doing an ultrasound from outside your tummy & the embryologist in the room during transfer. You see the area where they place it & they talk you through it... I don't like MIVF 'just stick it in' approach

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

lena78  (26-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    MIVF never discuss your embryos with you! I asked why our if 20 I only got 3 & my FS answer was "it's just how it works" no specifics to me and my quality embryos.

The embryologist had a picture & I asked for a copy, she was more than happy to get one for me.

You have a FS doing the transfer, nurse doing an ultrasound from outside your tummy & the embryologist in the room during transfer. You see the area where they place it & they talk you through it... I don't like MIVF 'just stick it in' approach
    I agree Martcc

I never knew what we were getting with MIVF. The last embryo put in was grown to day 5 but when I looked at it, it looked nothing like a blasty. We had 3 that didn't make the thaw so I was a disheartened with that news that I didn't question the grading of the one they put in. It's like they put the embies to thaw and leave them and only look at it the day of transfer. I'm hoping the ultrasound with ET will do the trick.

AFM- AF has finally showed her ugly face!! So I have taken my first dose of prednisolone today and start jabbing tomorrow. Nervous and excited!! I had to pull out the gonal f instruction DVD to refresh my memory on what to do as it has been over a year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo, Riss78, good luck! When is your first scan?
    Martcc, any symptoms yet? Hang in there, two more days AFM, blood test results have been coming in drips and drops, so far no major issues. Having counseling appointment today, then we'll be ready to cycle...
    Have a great week everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I can't believe march is finally here Lena!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Wow, I can't believe march is finally here Lena!
    I know, at last, though I'll wait one more cycle before embarking on another IVF round. TCM is having a really good effect on me, hopefully my eggs are feeling it to :-) How are you and baby boy doing?