+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default oh my ... christmas is soon :D

aw I miss you guys too Bec!

I'm excited and sad at the same time
    excited as I love Xmas time and sad as I'm in the US awayfrom all my family and normality at home

this Xmas will be spent with 4 other nannies at my house we are going to cook and hopefully enjoy a nice lunch and drink together listen to music etc not due to snow here bur a miracle could happen

gonna be weird not being with my family to give presents etc but will try make do here to have as best of a Xmas as i can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I hate Christmas my mum has never done a 'big' Xmas.... Now my new family don't really do anything I'm really jealous! I can't wait til our bubba is old enough to start traditions.

My mum isn't religious or anything either she just goes 'meh' and can't be bothered shopping etc i always put lots time n effort in and she makes me feel like I don't deserve it. I hope everyone has a lovely Xmas but if your baking short bread your a meanie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I'm really excited! DD is almost 2.5 and is just in love with all things Xmas. She adores Santa, loves the lights & trees, and I'm sure the presents will be pretty awesome for her too! We have spoilt her big time, but all she keeps asking for is a George pig, thank god I found 1! It's magical experiencing Xmas with someone who is so amazed by it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am normally the biggest kid at christmas. I love everything about it and have my christmas tunes playing for the whole month of december

However this year I am so disorganised which is dimishing my christmas spirit a bit. My DD's birthday is today and we are having a party for her and I still haven't bought all their stocking presents......ooops

Reminds me why I normally am so super organised, to avoid this. Tomorrow I'm sure all the christmas spirit will return

Thanks
    Reviews

I love Christmas!!! It's such an exciting time of year. Unfortunately I haven't been able to celebrate and be with family for the last 6 years as I've been working each and every one........BUT next year I'll be on maternity leave with our first bub so it will be spent with loved ones again and our LO - I can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Me too!!! Ive always loved Christmas but the last few years (like 10) not so much but having DS now it has brought all the magic back for me! It's lovely

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: oh my ... christmas is soon :D

I usually love the lead up to Christmas putting the tree up, helping dh put the lights on house, shopping for presents, taking ds to have his photo with Santa. But this year it has all been a bit harder as I had ds2 on the 12th and dh has just started a new job and doing heaps of hours. We got the tree up but no lights on the house still have to go out today and buy a couple of last minute pressies and then do the food shopping for xmas day with a newborn and 5 yo in tow should be fun I do still have a little xmas cheer as ds is super excited just not as much as I usually have

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: oh my ... christmas is soon :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    I am normally the biggest kid at christmas. I love everything about it and have my christmas tunes playing for the whole month of december

However this year I am so disorganised which is dimishing my christmas spirit a bit. My DD's birthday is today and we are having a party for her and I still haven't bought all their stocking presents......ooops

Reminds me why I normally am so super organised, to avoid this. Tomorrow I'm sure all the christmas spirit will return
    I'm exactly the same. I've had no motivation to do anything, and while I forced myself to put the tree up and put the lights on the house, I still left getting a lot of my presents until last minute.

And then all hell broke loose and I've been in hospital since Wednesday. Luckily my mum finished my Christmas shopping for me because she's awesome, and my husband finally got home from a couple of weeks work so he's been able to clean the house. Now fingers crossed they'll let me go on Christmas eve, but I'm really missing the build up to Christmas that I usually get.

I'm not going to feel sorry for myself, there are plenty of people in here who have it much worse then me.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yeah I love christmas time.

and I am even fairly organised this year, so that is good. Havent managed to put lights up (and DH refuses ) but still - decorations, presents, family and loads of christmas spirit makes up for it

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm pretty excited this year today is 'boxing day' for us as hubby flies out at 4:30am on the 26th. I had a lovely evening planned with a really close friend and her hubby and our kiddies and now DS2 is vomiting, so a little disappointed that we don't get to have a good time together but DS2 has already perked up after 3 pukes he has eaten 3 pancakes and is now having a water icypole no idea what he is up too!