+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hospital booking advice

Hi all! I desperately need your help.

I am returning to VIC from WA & ideally want to book into Monash Clayton Hospital for the birth on my bub.

I am trying to source what suburbs I need to reside in to ensure I'm accepted to this specific hospital.

Has anyone had their baby at this Hospital in the last year & if so where were you residing at the time?

Thanks in advance :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

You don't need to live in a catchment area like with some schools. You just need to ensure your doctor works from that hospital, as typically they book you in.

Hospitals have a list of OB's on their website usually, if your WA OB can't recommend any.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Jkate83  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Is it public or private? Because in qld you need to be in the catchment for public

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, yes you are correct. It's public and I do need to be in the catchment area. The struggle I'm having is that the hospital will not disclose to myself or my doctor what the catchment area is. I'm currently trying to search for OB's that have booking rights to the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Are you wanting to go thru the birth centre or 'normal' hospital? I went thru the birth centre 2 yrs ago & I'm now booked into the normal part as I did not meet the criteria for the birth centre this time. Usually the normal part only takes on high needs patients though they do admit a few locals (like myself) I don't have an OB. I will see whatever OB is on duty on the day of my appointment I'm told - so no consistency of care. I'm not sure of the catchment area but I would assume it would within about 2-3 suburbs of the Clayton hospital? I'm in bentleigh. I would recommend booking very soon though as like most hospy's they fill up fast!

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry OP, I thought it was the private hospital you were referring to.

Their website should have a list - then just ring a few and ask. Otherwise if you really don't want to live around that area, hire a PO Box as a mailing address for a few months close to the hospital! Maybe this would work?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend lives in carrum downs and had her baby there in the public part in October good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to belzy For This Useful Post:

Jkate83  (23-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe go through process of elimination by seeing other hospitals catchments in the area

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Westylu. Your information is very helpful. I plan to book through the normal section ASAP. Best of luck with your second delivery :-)

happychick1385 is online now Mummy to four little kiddies that keep me on my toes :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had both my bubs there, the youngest being born there in Feb this year and will have my next one there in July next year. I live in Pakenham, so quite a distance from Clayton, but had to go to Monash due to a higher BMI. If I did not have a higher BMI I would have been unable to get in as I don't live close to the hospital. I'm not sure what the catchment area is, but there IS one. I would try and book in ASAP as they only take a few 'normal' patients each month as the rest are generally for high risk patients. I'm glad I'm able to go back there as I can't fault there care of me, and my babies when they were born. Hope this helps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to happychick1385 For This Useful Post:

Jkate83  (23-12-2012)