+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much do you earn per hour? What industry are you in?

Around $45/hr (excluding super and bonuses). Work as a Marketing Project Executive.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much do you earn per hour? What industry are you in?

I'm a assistant senior dental nurse and get $24.48hr about 50k which goes up twice a year. I work for government.

I want to study to become a midwife though thats my dream job

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by glitter girl; 21-12-2012 at 22:39.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hubby is on $26ph base rate, but gets over time rates, weekend rates, night rates and travel allowances on top of that. Public servant, can't go into more detail than that though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last job I was on $17ph!! Waitress/sandwich hand/ barista.

I applied for another job same fuels and they were going to give me $16.50!

Im 27 and been doing this 10 years.

Im now in the process of a career change, this won't support my family once I lose the pension when my son is 7.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shhhsleeping For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

$25 as audio typist and receptionist with gov run ward. Right place right time right people.

Dp gets around $20 in the mines. It just looks like a lot of money because he works so much plus he gets penalty rates

Currently I'm studying nursing, but I was thinking of going to tafe to get aged care cert so I can start working already... I want to save up for a house! But I might ditch that and get a job with maccas instead

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Missbean For This Useful Post:

NurseAnni  (21-05-2013)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Interesting reading this thread.. Technically I am not employed and don't work.
    I care for my Disabled mother & disabled Husband. With all the pensions and allowances if worked out to an hourly rate on the average of 37.5hrs/wk It would be $10.32. Considering that I cannot use the 25 hours per a week they allow for me to do paid employment as DH randomly suffers from severe separation anxiety (right now I am in bed next to him cause of this) I can't work.. there is no employer in the world who would take on someone who may need to call in sick for every shift randomly and not be able to prove they can stay for a shift. Hell my old employer wouldn't hire me back. I was a top performer but DH's needs had to come first sometimes and I would often not meet my attendance.

When I was working (over 2 years ago) It was about 21.80 Doing Sales & service for Insurance company over the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Approx $40 per hour as a veterinarian of 20 years experience.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by tully78 View Post
    I work in the aged care industry, yes the money is crap but I don't feel the people who work in this industry do it for the money. I love my job it's the most rewarding thing ever I wouldn't change it.
    Definately wasnt rewarding for me today. Actually all this week has been a shocker. As i mentioned earlier, leaving work and crying over the constant abuse from someone when i have done nothing wrong really upsets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Of course you wouldn't do it for the money, but I think it's awful that I earn more and I work in a shop... Thats all I'm saying. I think disability and aged care should receive about the same as nursing etc etc

PS I hope to be working in the disability sector eventually.. Just got to get myself some volunteer work once my son is in prep next year :-) I can't wait!
    No i definately dont do it for the money. I am actually taking a step back next year and limiting myself to how much i work because i am wearing myself out.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow, some of these mining jobs aren't earning much!

DP's been offered another mining job in the new year, and it's over $50/hour... with penalties and stuff. He'll be making lots per week... I thought all mining jobs were high-paying, but maybe not so much?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Wow, some of these mining jobs aren't earning much!

DP's been offered another mining job in the new year, and it's over $50/hour... with penalties and stuff. He'll be making lots per week... I thought all mining jobs were high-paying, but maybe not so much?
    They might seem high paying on paper, but the tax is a killer!