+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get a smidge over $37 per hour plus tax benefits/salary sacrificing as I work for a charitable institution. I'm a scientist with a PhD (nearly 10 years at uni!) Working part time so I'm not productive enough to get a promotion so this is the top of my payscale.

My husband gets more than me as a software tester and only has a certificate or something (never finished his uni degree).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How much do you earn per hour? What industry are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    It's disgusting how little disability and aged care workers get isn't it! . I work in retail and get $22 an hour regular rate. Weekends its more.
    It really is bad how little the aged care industry earn for such a difficult job. I work in a nursing consultancy role for aged care and earn $50/ hr weekdays and up to $90/hr casual on Sundays. I have the best job I love it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much do you earn per hour? What industry are you in?

Working with children is a challenging ydt rewarding job. The pay and conditions are appauling - we didnt even have a staff room. $21.90 as a qualified. I feel like I picked the wrong industry after reading this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by KLM76 View Post
    It really is bad how little the aged care industry earn for such a difficult job. I work in a nursing consultancy role for aged care and earn $50/ hr weekdays and up to $90/hr casual on Sundays. I have the best job I love it.
    The only time it kind of makes it ok to work is sundays where its time and 3/4 but thats still very little for the thanks we get and the abuse we get. Today while working, i got so much abuse from one person, i cried as soon as i left work as i was so worked up about it. Really makes me question whether its worth it, having peoples lives in our hands even though they are at the end basically, there is still a chance of harming them.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (21-12-2012),Rutabaga  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Scientist 40/hr ft or PT. 3yrs uni plus 2yrs on the job training.

Thanks
    Reviews

I work in the aged care industry, yes the money is crap but I don't feel the people who work in this industry do it for the money. I love my job it's the most rewarding thing ever I wouldn't change it.

Thanks
    Reviews

I get $19/hour in my casual retail job and up to $100/hour for my children's classes I teach each term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm a scientist - 31.50 /hr casual. Thinking I might be getting ripped off but I dont really work hard.kind of stuck where I am as dh is FIFO so I can't really commit to ft til the kids are in school. And most roles require extensive travel which isnt going to happen. So I guess i'm just keeping my foot in the door.

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by tully78 View Post
    I work in the aged care industry, yes the money is crap but I don't feel the people who work in this industry do it for the money. I love my job it's the most rewarding thing ever I wouldn't change it.
    Of course you wouldn't do it for the money, but I think it's awful that I earn more and I work in a shop... Thats all I'm saying. I think disability and aged care should receive about the same as nursing etc etc

PS I hope to be working in the disability sector eventually.. Just got to get myself some volunteer work once my son is in prep next year :-) I can't wait!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I am a business consultant and get about $100 in my normal job (but as pp said they get loads of free hours out of me) and $150-$175 for my freelance stuff.
    All I want to do is be a SAHM!