+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    It's interesting to see how much the hourly rate has increased in some jobs, I get between $29- $45 / hr depending on what shift I am doing and I work in hospital services. I read in the weekend paper that aust richest woman makes $600/min so that's $36,000/hr!! Wouldn't mind that myself!
    Oops got that wrong its $600/second so that's over 2mil/hr right? Doesn't sound right tho lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Wow I'm surprised family daycare will only get you $14... Don't you get a days fees? Say $40 from person and $40 from government? Per child... That's a good days earnings taking out a bit of food and bum wipes. Forgive me if I'm wrong that's just what I thought.. Fdc was on a good wicket
    I haven't researched it properly yet but from what I can gather so far it's an average of about $7 p/hr per child. You can only have 4 under school age including your own. I have 2 kids so could only have another 2. You can also have 3 school age kids but I haven't worked out the logistics for that yet (eg. need a bigger car). I'll be able to work more hrs doing FDC than I do know as I won't be forking out money for child care for my own kids, I just hope it all goes to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    $26.80/hr casual, $25/hr on contract. Teacher aide with ed qld.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Senior beauty therapist $29 per hour (casual rate) $26 (full-time rate) normal days. Saturdays $34 per hour (casual rate) $31 (full-time rate). Special duties $58 per hour normal days. Other work not specified in contract by negotiation.

When I was working in an office I earned $62 per hour at normal rate. Overtime was by negotiation - either time in lieu or time and a half but this was rare. My time was charged out by the company at $175 an hour and you can betcha I never saw anywhere near that!

As I grew older I realised that working at something I enjoyed mattered far more than what I was paid. I hated office work and the pricks and the stress I had to deal with and I don't miss the money at all. Being happy is far more important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I often wonder who is actually writing their applications?
    People like me. I charged $400 per application.
    When I used to do it years ago, that is.