+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    $37 per hour - comm govt. working in liability claims at the mom.

DH earns $42 per hour (up to about $70ish, he is a shift worker so nights & weekends attract penalties) - state govt, he works in kind of a police liaison type unit.

When he's using his trade, he gets up to $50 ph... But this is on his ABN - paying own tax & super. He's a dogman/rigger.
    Last edited by Uh-Oh; 20-05-2013 at 16:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a part-time shop assistant and get $19.25 p/hr after tax.

I'll be leaving my current job soon to become a family day care educator where I'll probably only earn about $14 p/hr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    $39 an hr weekdays, an extra $7 for my night shifts which is permanent i do 40 hrs of night shift every week, the hrs that go into the weekend are about $61 an hr and i get an extra $100 or so a week to be in charge of a ward. I'm a RN and been out of uni for 9 years. I worked for years in a nursing home on $11 an hr while i was at uni though and was on about only $17 an hr in the UK 2 yrs ago as they paid pretty poorly to any experienced worker. I don't see this as being my job forever as it is very stressful and sometimes would be happy to do many other things I didn't get assaulted at sworn at and have the stress of keeping people alive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $16.50 per hour gross (not sure how it revises hourly after tax? I'm a qualified childcare worker working in family day care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by new mum 15809 View Post
    I'm a part-time shop assistant and get $19.25 p/hr after tax.

I'll be leaving my current job soon to become a family day care educator where I'll probably only earn about $14 p/hr.
    Wow I'm surprised family daycare will only get you $14... Don't you get a days fees? Say $40 from person and $40 from government? Per child... That's a good days earnings taking out a bit of food and bum wipes. Forgive me if I'm wrong that's just what I thought.. Fdc was on a good wicket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with you, as public servant for over a decade, I think the whole process is a bit of a crock, you often see people who are good at selection criteria/interviews get in, who can't function in any roles and are really bad at the job. And people who would be good at the job not get in because they aren't great at interviews etc. The whole thing needs to be reviewed. There is a reason that the Public service in general has a far higher rate of psychopaths and sociopaths than the rest of the population, because those types of people do well under that kind of pressure!
    http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s1360571.htm

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Selection criteria is just a bunch of well-put together words.

You should feel confident, yes- but that will be apparent in the interview.

Selection criteria can be a crock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me- Nil (sahm)
    DP- works Fifo 1/1 with BHP. He gets between $53-73p/h depending on day shift, night shift, overtime. He also pays a nominated amount of super (above normal rate) which the company matches. He also gets healthcare ect. He gets unlimited sickies and 6wks paid annual leave (which equates to 12wks off with his shifts).
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 20-05-2013 at 15:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Senior casual hairdresser I'm on $26 per hour
    Dh is a steel fixer he's on $77ph

Thanks
    Reviews
    Relief teacher - $50.33. It's not that much over a year because of all the school holidays and obviously I only work 6 hours a day but it's good because I get an average wage but I work short hours and get about 15 weeks holidays a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Wow I'm surprised family daycare will only get you $14... Don't you get a days fees? Say $40 from person and $40 from government? Per child... That's a good days earnings taking out a bit of food and bum wipes. Forgive me if I'm wrong that's just what I thought.. Fdc was on a good wicket
    I think it might depend where you live. I think it's about $8 an hour per child, maximum of 4 children, including your own under school aged. So for me that would be 2 children I could take on.

Then the costs, you pay the Fdc scheme I think? And insurances. Tax. Expenses. Ive looked at doing it a few times and decided not to because there's just not enough in it to be worthwhile.

I think it's better in bigger cities or if you have school aged kids. I still might think about it when both mine are at school.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app