+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How much do you earn per hour? What industry are you in?

What is selection criteria?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Wow, some of these mining jobs aren't earning much!

DP's been offered another mining job in the new year, and it's over $50/hour... with penalties and stuff. He'll be making lots per week... I thought all mining jobs were high-paying, but maybe not so much?
    Hubby doesn't earn one of the higher paying fifo jobs but his does add up as a previous poster said just about everyone works 12 hr days, do that for 8-28 days straight..

Thanks
    Reviews

Selection criteria is a list of requirements that a government job will list for the potential candidates. For example, "Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audience when preparing written briefs and reports."

You then have to address this with reference to yourself in about half a page and give them examples of why you are capable of this and how you may have done so in the past. You might have say 10 selection criteria that you would have to address in addition to your resume and cover letter.

I had about 12 I think.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How much do you earn per hour? What industry are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Selection criteria is a list of requirements that a government job will list for the potential candidates. For example, "Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audience when preparing written briefs and reports."

You then have to address this with reference to yourself in about half a page and give them examples of why you are capable of this and how you may have done so in the past. You might have say 10 selection criteria that you would have to address in addition to your resume and cover letter.

I had about 12 I think.
    Thank you, We had a whole subject and textbook on this in Cert III Bus Admn. Think I still have the textbook, which I might need to brush up on!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Under $20 p/hour in the disability and mental health sector. Caring for people are being paid less than a fast food worker. Definitely changing industry when I return to work in a decade or so. Studying now to ensure that.
    I really enjoyed the people and experienced a fair amount of job satisfaction but sadly the money does not make up for the high stress and at times, potentially unsafe conditions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsicle View Post
    It's not that they get 'annual leave' on the swing off. It's that they work 90 odd hours a week on the swing on! So it averages out. FIFO is bloody hard work! For both the person up there and the family at home. Definitely not a walk in the park or easy money!
    Also teachers in WA get 12 weeks annual leave in their contracts. But I know most teachers will do some prep work etc during these weeks anyway!

Agree DH is FIFO 4/4 weeks, we make around USD $250 000 after tax a year as he works on an international Oilrig we are paid by the US including health benefits. It's hard at times but yes he gets 6 months at home and gets paid good money to be here. It's definitely hard ill have 2 under 18 months soon and since DH works out if the country there is maybe 2 20 minute phone calls the entire time.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofblue85 View Post
    Agree DH is FIFO 4/4 weeks, we make around USD $250 000 after tax a year as he works on an international Oilrig we are paid by the US including health benefits. It's hard at times but yes he gets 6 months at home and gets paid good money to be here. It's definitely hard ill have 2 under 18 months soon and since DH works out if the country there is maybe 2 20 minute phone calls the entire time.
    Wow I take my hat off to anyone who has a hubby away for that long

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    That sounds very low considering you'd get no holiday pay, super, etc
    I know but I've only been operating for 6months and the way my accountant has helped me set everything up, something do do with my profit margin, in times I'm unable to work or I'm on holidays etc I can draw from that money.... I charge to cover my cost of product, my $20ph and I think like 25% profit margin (maybe not %25 I can't remember lol).... So hopefully that will work out if/when I need it :/

And it's also a sacrifice I'm willing to make to be with my lo as much as I can!
    Last edited by perthmumm; 23-12-2012 at 12:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About $70-75 an hour in IT - but that's a full time position, so have approximated from salary. If I were contracting I'd want a bit more, so as to pay my own super and allow for public holidays, sick days etc.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    In my experience, the language used in the selection criteria is required for report writing.

I loathed receiving new staff who had addressed the selection criteria well, presented well at the interview, but I often had to rewrite their reports as they weren't written using the correct jargon... which they had displayed fluency in with their application.

I know the company I worked for now gets applicants to fill it out right before the interview, on the spot.
    And there is the reason getting someone else to do your application or selection criteria is a problem.

I've worked in the government sector where I've vetted applications and and done interviews. The secret to answering selection criteria is to give an example of where you've displayed the skill set being described (eg.verbal/non verbal communication).

While some people do present better on paper, and some people present better in person, in most jobs, you need to be able to do both.