+ Reply to Thread

Default Feeling really down...would love some advice

My 4 year old DS has recently been diagnosed with Aspergers which I've been dealing with rather well as i have always known there was something different about my munchkin. Ive been separated from my DH since the beginning of the year and have so far been coping well on my own with the two kids (i also have a 18 month old DD) But the last two weeks have been so full on for me, I just feel really hopeless and angry with myself for not handling things better. My son has been extremely defiant (more so than usual) which I've been tolerating up until a certain point however the continuous badgering finally wears me down and i end up yelling at him which he doesn't listen to anyway so i end up feeling like crap for it and just hate myself for getting to that point. I feel like I've spent the last couple of weeks getting angry and not having fun, quality time with him which makes me feel so guilty. Im sure he thinks I'm just this boring mum who tells him what to do. I just wish i had some better strategies to handle those moments better. We have tried time outs, taking toys off him etc. Anyone with an Aspergers child who could offer some advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Feeling really down...would love some advice

I don't have any advice sorry, but I just wanted to send you a big, big hug. Sounds like you are doing the best you can in a very difficult and stressful situation. I hope that you can get some supports in place to help both you and your son. xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Mummabearto2  (21-12-2012)