+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When to have blood test/ultrasounds when first pregnant.

I was given a referral to my ob and to get the usual bloods (not to confirm but the usual std tests) and he said that I don't need an early scan and ob would do the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews

Agh went back to drs today, and they have us referral for the blood test! if that's positive then they will give us referral for ultrasound! What a joke soo frustrating!

We have done several home tests which have been positive with in 30 sec - 1min and now 2 dr pee tests which showed up straight away!

This dr felt her tummy and wrote 4+ months on the blood test form ? Surely she's not 4monthsss!!! Can Anyone shead some light on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

From a physical exam he may be going off fundal height. I know for me, the nausea didn't start til I was at least 6 weeks along both times. So if your sil has had nausea for 4-5 weeks it's possible she's 10 weeks + as it doesn't normally start from conception iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    From a physical exam he may be going off fundal height. I know for me, the nausea didn't start til I was at least 6 weeks along both times. So if your sil has had nausea for 4-5 weeks it's possible she's 10 weeks + as it doesn't normally start from conception iykwim?
    Haha yeah I get ya.... Been trying to remember when My morning sickness started but can't remember.... All I know is that I still had it occasionally at 25ish weeks lol

Just wish they would give us an ultrasound from! Not that it matters now because we probably won't get seen til the new year

Thanks
    Reviews

Someone has just informed me to go to the hospital and they will be able to do an ultrasound there.... Does any one know if this is true or???
    And where would be go? Emergency (I'd think not!) or maternity centre? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

In my experience the only time I have been seen in hospital (and given a scan) is is when they suspected an ectopic pregnancy and then when I had caught a very nasty bug and almost died. Other then that they generally won't do a scan "just because". You will probably need to wait until u get the referral or unless something happens (touch wood it doesn't).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perthmumm View Post
    Someone has just informed me to go to the hospital and they will be able to do an ultrasound there.... Does any one know if this is true or???
    And where would be go? Emergency (I'd think not!) or maternity centre? Thanks
    They don't do scans willy nilly.
    In early pregnancy only if you present to emergency with pain/bleeding and they will do a scan to confirm/exclude miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.

Otherwise once you have been referred to the hospital and accepted as maternity outpatient, the hospital can arrange for you to have your 20 week scan at the hospital and then any subsequent scans that they deem medically necessary in later pregnancy will be done by the hospital.

You need to have a doctor refer you for a scan so that radiology can give your results to someone, you don't just walk in and ask for an ultrasound