+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How much is normal to express?

Thanks izzy and mum2...
    I felt like I wasn't making enough and was/panicking I won't have enough to feed her. And all my googling tells me a million different things. Because I have a double pump I haven't tried feeding and pumping at same time.
    I was hoping to make enough to freeze and stockpile for hospital so they can feed her my milk in hospital. But I'm not there yet!
    But I feel comforted by hearing this advice. I even dashed out and bought formula in case I didn't have enough!!
    But I think I'm doing okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

The other thing you can do is cut you bm for feeds if you feel you don't have enough. By having some bm some formula it can help pad it out.

Check your pump too. Most doubles can be used as a single too. Check your manual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    The other thing you can do is cut you bm for feeds if you feel you don't have enough. By having some bm some formula it can help pad it out.

Check your pump too. Most doubles can be used as a single too. Check your manual
    Thanks. I can use it as a single. But I still don't think I'm coordinated enough. Might need to practice! I'm thinking of buying the 'switch kit' that will make it a manual pump so I can take it out or manually pump while breastfeeding.
    The drs did advise I could do some formula feeds but I'm not sure how to mix it up. And I'm holding off at the moment as I know BM is the best!