+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

I have seen many shower screens whilst out demoing enjo - and you can tell if it is a build up ON the glass or something that has eaten INTO the glass.
    How do you tell? I have a heat lamp too so I'm worried now it's unfixable mine look like white water droplets. When you run water over them you can't really see them but when they dry you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Wouldn't a lot of these very abrasive tactics cause damage to the glass surface?
    I cleaned a very dirty porcelain toilet with borax and pumnice stone, no scratches. Got the idea of howckean is your house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    How do you tell? I have a heat lamp too so I'm worried now it's unfixable mine look like white water droplets. When you run water over them you can't really see them but when they dry you can.
    sometimes the heat lamp can help 'burn' the bulid up into the glass - if that makes sense?
    Usually if they are in 'droplet' form it is a calcium/mineral bulid up - as the water evaporates - this is what is left behind. The calium dissolver works wonders on these..and also that build up you sometimes get around the base of taps.

if it looks more like a 'film' that you can't feel (as opposed to a scum film that you can definitely feel ) itis usually damage.

Bleach based cleaners are the worst for eating into glass, tile and grout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Help!! Cleaning the shower!

*build up
    (damn brain going faster than fingers )

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Help!! Cleaning the shower!

I've never heard of glass cancer, but glass is porous by nature, so if it's not cleaned regularly the calcium or soap scum or whatever sinks into the pores and you can't get it off.

If some are really bad I recommend clr and a lot of elbow grease.

Otherwise I use Ajax professional bathroom cleaner with a scourer, and it does a pretty good job, but I'm not sure how it goes with long term stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't really use bleach on the glass, but you may well be right that the heat lamp has baked it on. I think it is calcium, so might have to look at CLR

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help!! Cleaning the shower!

We don't have a glass problem because we squeegee the glass after ever shower. When it looks dirty I use white Enjo glove with marble paste. Our screen was protected with nanokote when new so it won't get glass cancer for at least 10 years.

For black spot mould spray white vinegar on grout twice a day for a week straight & walk away. Then scrub with water & the mould will come straight off. Keep up daily spraying and it won't come back.

Thanks
    Reviews

I posted before but don't think it went through- I have tried nearly all of the methods above and nothing worked. The only think I found worked for my clear glass shower screens is spot-x. It's in a yellow bottle from bunnings. It gives your arm a real work out as you can only do a small section at a time, but it removed all of the white water stains. Also they say it is chemical free and you can 'sprinkle it on a salad' haha. Honestly though I have tried clr, a million shower sprays, bicarb etc and spot-x worked :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok so there's a product called enduroshield and it actually works! I just used it on my glass pool fence and shower screen, they both look amazing now! Bunnings sell it but they're always sold out, u can buy it online though. They give u a cleaning product n a coating u put on afterwards that pretty much prevents water marks from coming back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Star flame - keep in mind - if loads of various chemical cleaners have been used on that screen it may have what is called 'glass cancer'.
    Basically the chemical eat away at the glass, causing small holes that appear to look like a white film...it isn't treatable.
    Is there a heat lamp in the bathroom? - because this can also affect the glass.

I have seen many shower screens whilst out demoing enjo - and you can tell if it is a build up ON the glass or something that has eaten INTO the glass.
    There is a heat lamp in the bathroom, however we have never used it because when we moved in the lamp bulb was blown and the real estate said theyd replace it and never did. I wasnt gonna go buy a bulb for it when we wouldnt us it anyway haha!

Ive decided Im not going to worry about it anymore. Im over it! The real estate knows it was filthy when we moved in its all written down on the entry form so if they whinge about it I will remind them that its not from us. Either way, the whole house is going to look a hell of a lot cleaner when we leave than what it did when we moved in!