+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Op, try a kettle cleaner or you could also try borax into a paste with white vinegar, leave for an hour then scrub off with pummice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Wouldn't a lot of these very abrasive tactics cause damage to the glass surface?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Help!! Cleaning the shower!

Half vinegar half cheap shampoo, sprayed on. Leave a couple of hours then wipe off. Only works where it touches though and will make everything extremely slippery while rinsing off. Works though, with no scrubbing too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamel89 View Post
    OP - could you update this thread and let us know if it works? I have the same issue with our shower, the tenants before us were young males and I dont think they ever cleaned the shower!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    The gumption did not work. OMG So frustrated! Im gonna try the vinegar/water option later today and if that doesnt clean it then the real estate will just have to deal with it. Its not like I havent tried!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    I used to work for a tile company... Once you get your shower clean, use soap free body wash & not bars of soap... They are the worst for creating that build up! Good luck
    Neither of us use bars of soap. We both use Lux body wash which is soap-free

I think the people who had the house before us never bothered to clean anything. The house was super filthy when we got here. I had to clean the oven with oven cleaner 3 times before it was clean enough to start using. So gross!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help!! Cleaning the shower!

If you can get your hands on 'Bulldog Gold' you'll be on a winner. It's a truck wash.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PR2bMum For This Useful Post:

starflame  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Not very env friendly but if it is really bad, toilet bleach will do it. You squirt in over like you would in the bowl (regular bleach will just run off) and leave it for half an hour. Then rinse really well! I did this when I moved in as the showers looked like they had never been cleaned and I did not even have to wipe it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlpreston View Post
    Not very env friendly but if it is really bad, toilet bleach will do it. You squirt in over like you would in the bowl (regular bleach will just run off) and leave it for half an hour. Then rinse really well! I did this when I moved in as the showers looked like they had never been cleaned and I did not even have to wipe it!!
    Ooo maybe Ill try this. I have toilet bleach!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Omfg. Vinegar and shampoo.

Vinegar bicarbonate did nothing but wow. Vinegar shampoo....

Will wait til the screen dries a little to make sure though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Brown vinegar and water in a spray bottle with a drop of dishwashing liquid. Use a microfibre cloth to wipe off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Help!! Cleaning the shower!

Quote Originally Posted by rlpreston View Post
    I have a friend who swears by this method too. Apparently the cheap stuff from aldi works a treat!

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Brown vinegar and water in a spray bottle with a drop of dishwashing liquid. Use a microfibre cloth to wipe off.
    Why brown vinegar? Does it work any different to using white?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast