+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please Advise on Side by Side Pram for Twins

Hi All,

I am here to get some advise from everyone.

DS is currently 4 years old and we have just been advised that we are having twins due in May 2013.

Few months before we actually knew about the twins, we bought a 7 seater Sante Fe; which is ok for kids to use the last row seats.

however if we use the last row, we have very limited boot space. (We also will have grandparents with us helping for the first few months - so we will be using the last row. Thinking of having the twins in the middle row with two baby car seats; along with me)

Keeping the above in mind, i am looking for a good side by side pram for the twins; that is compact enough to fit in the limited boot space. Also are there any car seats that come for twins; i heard there are ones you can transfer between car seat and pram saving space?

Can you please recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Congratulations on your twinnies I dont have twins but I do have 4 very close in age daughters. I love baby jogger prams. I have the baby jogger city select that take the travel systems, so you can clip the capsules into the pram plus I have a side by side BJ city mini GT which is also fantastic and I'm certain takes adaptors to convert your pram into a travel system. If you are looking for a light weight smaller side by side pram I'd recommended the city mini(not gt version). I have a Mazda CX9 and the mini does take up all the boot space but it at least fits.
    Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Oh also just to add I used the maxi cosi capsule for my last daughter it clips in easy with the baby jogger prams and is really light weight.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like the babyjogger ones too (but I only have the versa which is a single pram) I would have a look at the city mini twin (either GT or not, GT just has wheels for rougher terrain, I would reccomend a separate pram if you want one for urban use and one for walking, we store our mountain buggy due in the garage and I use the versa in the car for shopping/school pick ups/drop offs) from memory the baby jogger city mini takes a double car seat adapter which would allow you to use a capsule for both babies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi rums! I am also pregnant with twins due in May 2013

DH and I have decided to go with the mountain buggy duet. We decided this because it is as wide as a standard pram so it fits through doors easily, feels great to push, looks great and was recommended by one of the mums in the May 2013 group.

It weighs 15kg and the box containing the pram fit inside the boot of our xr6 quite well which can be restrictive with some things (were planning on putting it together tonight).

We picked up ours from our local baby bunting store. But whatever pram you go with it pays to shop around to get the best deal. Baby bunting will price match online stores (plus postage added on).

Feel free to come and join the May 2013 group, we have a great bunch of ladies and quite a few sets of twins and one set of triplets

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips.

@jess - I will join the May2013 group.

@BabyG4 & Headoverfeet - Is the baby jogger city a umbrella type stroller, does it have two separate handles to fully become compact? Also what is the budget i should be allocating if i want to get two capsules and the double pram as a travel system?

Thanks
    Reviews

The mini isn't an umbrella stroller but folds flatter then most and collapses with one hand pull where as the select has removable seats so it doesn't take up much room if you take the wheels off.
    Depending on what pram you get and capsules I would say around $1500-$2000 ($650-$1000 for the pram, $600-800 for the capsule and then allow up to $200 for capsule adaptors for your pram) I usually go onto the pramwarehouse website and get their prices and try get other stores to price match.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    The mini isn't an umbrella stroller but folds flatter then most and collapses with one hand pull where as the select has removable seats so it doesn't take up much room if you take the wheels off.
    Depending on what pram you get and capsules I would say around $1500-$2000 ($650-$1000 for the pram, $600-800 for the capsule and then allow up to $200 for capsule adaptors for your pram) I usually go onto the pramwarehouse website and get their prices and try get other stores to price match.
    That seems to be way more than i had originally budgeted.

We will be travelling to the USA soon, i will see if they are any cheaper there, i may get one if the price difference is worth carrying them all the way from the other side of the world!

Thanks
    Reviews

Baby joggers are heaps cheaper from the states. I got my mini GT from amazon for around $600 and they sell for $1000 here, the normal mini which has smaller wheels and more light weight you could get from $250 just no warranty but Baby Jogger has a great name..