+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    bambino's Avatar
    bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The Shire NSW.
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default What can I claim?

    I currently receive carer's allowance each fortnight.
    My FTB and CCB etc I get annually when our tax returns are lodged.

    I lost my job back in September and have not yet reported it to Centrelink.
    If I only claim annually (as it is based on actual income and not estimated) do I really need to tell them?
    And if I do tell them, is there any payments I can claim that won't effect what I am already receiving?

    I am actively looking for employment and have been since September, but have not had any success

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi bambino, I work with the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to questions about Centrelink payments and services on social media sites like this. You may be eligible for Parenting Payment or for Newstart Allowance, or other payments such as rent assistance. You can find more information about Newstart Allowance, including eligibility and payment details, here: www.humanservices.gov.au/newstart and about Parenting Payment here: www.humanservices.gov.au/parentingpayment. I'd suggest you call us on the Families line on 136 150 to discuss your individual circumstances to find out what you would be eligible for and how this might affect your existing payments [call centres are open today (24/12) Friday (28/12), next Monday (31/12) then back to normal operation from Wednesday next week (2/1)]. All the best.


Similar Threads

  1. Tax time. What to claim for
    By onelasttime in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 13:03
  2. Have you ever put in a claim for compensation?
    By share a book in forum General Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 23-04-2012, 22:06
  3. $ex injury compo claim
    By Pesca77 in forum News & Current Affairs
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 23-04-2012, 06:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

learn how you can become a reviewer!


forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Hills Swimming
Swim with your friends and you will all get a 33% discount!* We have programs to suit all ages and abilities, with small classes held in our warm indoor 25 metre pool. Highly qualified teachers, and award winning programs. *conditions apply
featured supporter
Baby U & The Wiggles - Toilet Training Products
Toilet training can be a testing time but Baby U is there to assist you and your toddler with the daunting task of toilet training. With a range of products that can be used at home, on holidays or out & about.

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!