+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only 4 1/2 weeks and I'm worried something will happen. This is our first baby conceived through IVF (trying for 5 yrs unsuccessfully) so I've read the risks are higher. I'll feel more comfortable once I’ve reached the 12 week mark everything goes ok for everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    DH and I had been together for over 8 years and never had any "accidents" so I was convinced I was barren. First month TTC and bingo so I think I'm just in shock and disbelief
    My story is exactly the same as yours plan2bamummy! 8 years no accidents and got my first ever BFP yesterday. I'm also a bit anxious, but the best thing is to stay calm I'm sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is anyone else scared?

It's just so hard lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Uh huh.

I'm guessing I'm about 4.5 weeks & freaking out!

Had mild cramps for the past few days, plus insomnia & very tender breasts....and to think this is just the beginning!

Have to try to get into the Dr. next week. Normally I'd already have gone, but with public holidays I've held off.

Just looking forward to a) knowing its implanted in the right spot and b) to see that heart beat. Then I will feel better!! (For a little while, lol).

Will also be nice once I can tell all & sundry!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for starting this topic, I am only about 4.5 weeks too. I am petrified that something will happen and it helps to know I'm not the only one. Sending good thoughts to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews

I worried the whole way through. Everytime I went to the loo expecting blood. Every pain I had or if I hadn't felt him move. At 14 weeks I purchased a fetal heart rate monitor to ease my mind.
    LO is 10 weeks old and I'm still worrying lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm 10+6 and still worried. My ob has done 2 scans so far and bub was fine and had a heartbeat in both, but it still doesn't stop me worrying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I haven't seen a heartbeat yet still 2 weeks to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's normal.

I had no issues apart from a raised blood pressure reading in later pregnancy, and yet I spent my entire pregnancy wondering, each day, if I had a miscarriage. Baby movements didn't make a difference - my mother miscarriaged late-term, and she still felt movements, even after he had passed, so that gave me no comfort.

It was just preparation for actual motherhood though - where I spent every night checking on her at minimum once per hour to make sure she hadn't died of SIDS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty scared myself too. It is really hard to tell what can happen. Reading the statistics that it's a 1 in 5 chance, it seems pretty big and I'm afraid I'd be that unlucky one.

I still have some time to wait - it was just really busy and I booked in so late. Won't have my first appointment until the 24th of Jan and then doing an ultrasound after that. I'm worried I may miss my first trimester ultrasound and what happens if something was wrong, and I left it til too late? Sigh - just praying this little tyke will be fine..