+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 month growth spurt.

My daughter is 3 months on Sunday and I suspect she is going through her 3 month growth spurt. This has thrown her routine completely way off and I just wondered if I should just go with the flow and hope she will get back into routine soon?
    She's feed more, not as happy to self settle and tired a lot but fighting her sleep.

Any advise?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS wasn't on a routine then, but I found it took longer for him to get back to normal if I didn't let him cluster feed. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You probably don't want to hear it but my DD's settling went pear shaped at 3 months. She has now just turned 4 months and it has only improved in the last couple of days with lots of work.

I would recommend that you keep persisting in helping her to settle herself so she doesn't get into the habit of needing you to help her.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Everything about my DD2 at 3 months almost changed overnight. She is breast fed, used to feed both sides, suddenly went down to one side each feed. Her self settling went out the window and she became tired and grumpy. I thought maybe it was teething but she's almost 9 months and still no teeth!

As far as her her feeding - that settled down back to both sides at about 6 months and her self settling and regular day naps has only started again in the past 3 or so weeks.

Babies are funny little creatures, as soon as you think you have them figured out they change the rules on you without warning!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh gosh that doesn't sound good. I'm still having trouble since the post earlier this week. I'm trying to persist with the routine but she either wants to sleep when she should be eating and/or the other way round. She's waking 3 times through the night In stead of 1 and going to bed later (because she fights it) then normal. Im breast feeding also.
    I guess I'll see how it goes over the weekend and hope she improves sooner rather then later!!