+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is the best wrap style baby carrier?

Another sleepy wrap lover here! I used it with DS until he was about 4 months and now have a baby bjorn air. The sleepy wrap was sooo comfy and DS could be all tucked in and held nice and close. I never BF in it (just can't seem to master it with him in a carrier) but it would completely cover you up. Always cheap on eBay!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    Is the sleepy wrap kind on shoulder neck and lower back? Is it discreet for bfg?

I am looking at ergobaby but want to find out more on other alternatives.
    i can wear bub in the sleepy wrap all day, no pain or discomfort. Although it can get a bit warm since it is a thick material - bub just wears his nappy and a singlet and the temp doesn't bother him. I feed him in the wrap if I'm out

i have just ordered a wrapsody bali breeze wrap, made of lightweight cotton. Can't wait for it to arrive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2twinboys For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

If you find the ergo too bulky, try the manduca, same concept but I find it less bulky and cooler. Weight is distributed on hips so no more sore shoulders.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you haven't decided yet, or for future readers, I use a close caboo carrier, which is probably similar to a hug a bub but sewn up and with 2 rings for tightening, so you just pop it on, pop baby in and go. very easy to use and keeps baby close and high. plus you can tighten it while bub is in it which i've heard you can't do with most other wraps. have used mine since baby was less than a week old and you can carry them til toddler-hood. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlsG1gi9Eo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For a stretchy, just a Hug a Bub would do for a bub that young.

I have two wovens too, a Girasol and a linen Ellevill. I prefer my Ellevill as its cooler, but my Gira is a rainbow and so pretty and easy to wrap with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What is the best wrap style baby carrier?

I made a stretchy from a length of stretchy tshirt fabric from spotlight but I think you can get stretchy wraps quite cheaply online - or even second hand.

Though I found I didn't use a stretchy after a couple of months. I have a woven wrap (hoppidiz "light" for summer) for my 12kg 10 month old and love it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies!

I ended up going an getting my own fabric, and made 2! I love it! I have free hands and I haven't had to buy a double pram for the 2 kids cos she's attached to me all the time.
    I can't wait to get a woven though.
    I want to get a woven I can use on my baby and the toddler. What size would it need to be?

Thanks
    Reviews

The size u need very much depends on what style of wraps u want to do. Most people start with a size 6 (or a 5 if ur very petite, or a 7 if u need a bit extra). But shorter wraps are great too! With a 6 u could try all different styles of wrapping and figure out what u and bub like the best.

Best thing to do is get on YouTube and start watching video demonstrations so u can get an idea of what u think u might like. I find it really helpful! =)

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy&Woof View Post
    The size u need very much depends on what style of wraps u want to do. Most people start with a size 6 (or a 5 if ur very petite, or a 7 if u need a bit extra). But shorter wraps are great too! With a 6 u could try all different styles of wrapping and figure out what u and bub like the best.

Best thing to do is get on YouTube and start watching video demonstrations so u can get an idea of what u think u might like. I find it really helpful! =)

Good luck!
    Ok thank you.

I would like one that I can carry my new born in and 14mth old in (not
    At the same time obviously) so because of that would it be better to get a longer one anyway.?

Thanks
    Reviews

From my reading, it seems that sizes 6 and above can do all the types of wraps so therefore are ideal for beginners, esp if for baby and a toddler.

You are in SA aren't you? Have you looked at the nurture nest website? If you email her she is extremely helpful. I'm about to get a jump sac rainbow from her . For my new baby she recommended a pure cotton wrap like a jumpsac or didymos lysca. I'm getting a size 6 I think.