+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is the best wrap style baby carrier?

I currently own a beco butterfly 2 and a nurture sling.
    Both I love but the sling hurts my shoulder and the beco is too bulky for my frame so I never use it.

So I am interested in the wrap around style to carry my 3 week old in, i want something that holds her close to my body. And gives me freedom of movement as I have a 1 year old to follow around.

What in your opinion is the best and why??

Or can I simply go to spot light and get my own material? What kind do I get?
    Last edited by Harliben; 21-12-2012 at 08:42.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What is the best wrap style baby carrier?

Subbing!

I had a baby bjorn for my first and it was very uncomfortable. I've seen bubs in the wrap around and mum n bubs look so comfy! So I want one for my second too

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I have an Ergo with the newborn insert & tried it with my DS when he was 3 weeks & he hated it. It was too bulky & big for him. I was given a sleepy wrap from a girlfriend (identical to a hugabub but 1/3 the price) and he loves it. It wraps around you and holds them nice and snug. It let's me have 2 hands free to do things & it's very easy for bub to sleep in. it might look hard at first to put on but it's super easy. I love it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (13-01-2013)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Forgot to mention, brand new the sleepy wraps r the cheapest on eBay than all the baby stores. Also look up Utube for a demo of how to put it on.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Forgot to mention, brand new the sleepy wraps r the cheapest on eBay than all the baby stores. Also look up Utube for a demo of how to put it on.
    Thank you heaps for that!

I just checked them out on eBay and it looks so comfy! But how do I chose a colour! Haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a sleepy wrap - I love it and so does DS. It is so comfy for both of us. It's really easy to put on but the instructions given aren't as good as the one on YouTube - cant remember the ladies name but she has a blue wrap

Thanks
    Reviews

I just bought a second hand hug a bub for $40 and it is just gorgeous. So soft and snuggly and SO much better on my shoulders than my ring sling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a baby bjorn and am very happy with it, I tried a wrap around style and it wasn't for me, but my girlfriend prefered the wrap style and I know was very happy with the cozy wrap http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...tail&ID=107107, I wouldn't recommend buying your own fabric, I would go and physically try a few at baby bunting or similiar.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Stretchies like a sleepy wrap are wonderful for newborns after that I use a woven wrap, branding has more to do with pattern and less to do with quality when it comes to wovens.

In the meantime where are you wearing the sling that it is causing pain? I find the ideal place is the corner of your shoulder, almost more at the top of your arm. Never more on the side closest to your neck

from a galaxy far far away...
    I wear it so the weight is distributed over the arm and shoulder, so I don't know why it's hurting? DD is only a teeny little thing too. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the sleepy wrap kind on shoulder neck and lower back? Is it discreet for bfg?

I am looking at ergobaby but want to find out more on other alternatives.