+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a Facebook group is a fantastic idea. There seems to be a lot of interest already in this thread....how shall we go about it?
    And Happy Birthday to your little man Bel!!
    Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! I would love some advise/experiences from other mums who have late talkers. My DS is 2 and 3 months and says about 10 words. we've been going to SP weekly since he turned 2. every word he tries to copy or say starts with a 'D' sound and is never even close to the actual word. He babbles heaps and communicates really well with gestures etc. Do you think that sounds like your kids that have appraxia? He's been diagnosed with expressive language delay but they can't give me any more info than that. any of you find this a similar thing to your kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great! I can set it up - just trying to think what to name the group. Once I set it up, then I can post the link here for people to join.

Should I call it Childhood Apraxia of Speech / Dyspraxia Aussie Support Group?

Quote Originally Posted by Lathlainmum View Post
    I think a Facebook group is a fantastic idea. There seems to be a lot of interest already in this thread....how shall we go about it?
    And Happy Birthday to your little man Bel!!
    Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bigbub

At 2 and 3 months my son would not even try and copy words (he still doesn't really... only with lots of work). He does use D sounds alot and 'Arrh' and pointing. He's very good with noises / sounds and communicating with sign now. He probably had about 4 real words and then 20 sounds that he could make at about 2 1/2.

Hope to get this FB page up and running so we have an easier way to keep communicating and sharing our experiences with CAS / dyspraxia.

Belinda

Quote Originally Posted by bigbub View Post
    Hi all! I would love some advise/experiences from other mums who have late talkers. My DS is 2 and 3 months and says about 10 words. we've been going to SP weekly since he turned 2. every word he tries to copy or say starts with a 'D' sound and is never even close to the actual word. He babbles heaps and communicates really well with gestures etc. Do you think that sounds like your kids that have appraxia? He's been diagnosed with expressive language delay but they can't give me any more info than that. any of you find this a similar thing to your kids?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to belindap For This Useful Post:

bigbub  (23-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, I've set up the Facebook page. The link is below - or just search for Childhood Apraxia of Speech - Australian Support Group. Hope to see you over there soon.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/624361654258408/

Thanks
    Reviews
    does anyone have contacts with dyspraxia support groups in gold coast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amanda,

Try asking on the Brisbane and surrounds Facebook support page: http://www.facebook.com/BrisbaneDyspraxia

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boy 3 yrs old is in the diagnosis stage, Speech Therapist has dropped the CAS bomb.
    has anyone had used a gluten free diet as part of therapy and had success?

Thanks
    Reviews
    CAS involves a difficulty in motor-planning movement (hence the difficulty coordinating the complex and subtle movements involved in speech). As a speechie, I cannot see how a gluten-free diet could help. Therapy typically involves daily practice over an extended period of time (often years). It's a little like building a familiarly-trod path for speech sounds.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DorothyDinosaur For This Useful Post:

Vonnie89  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I