+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Get your wisdom teeth out!

Hello mums to be!

My partner and I have been trying to conceive for a little but have been successful as yet!

i am posting because I really want everyone to see their dentists if they have been having pain from wisdom teeth! My dentist told me that they can cause harm to my baby so I got some money together and had them taken out! Something to do with the infections causing premature birth!

I had my done in the chair because I couldn't afford to be knocked out for it but I'm glad I did. Saved me a lot of money and I didn't feel anything except the small prick of the needles going in! My dentist doesn't take out wisdom teeth but a friend had hers done by a dentist who is quite cheap and does the in the chair. He has a very good reputation and visits a few clinics. I went to the surgery in Ipswich to have my wisdom teeth removed. www.raceviewdental.com.au

if you have been getting pain - go and see your dentist YESTERDAY!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the reminder. I had mine out surgically (in hospital) early September. Conceived late October.

However, Unfortunately alot of people cannot have it done in the chair. The lower teeth are right on the major jaw nerve and if they are in ANY way causing an issue or to close to that nerve any reasonable dentist will not touch them!

I had to have both my bottom ones out in hospital as where they were it was simply unsafe to attempt a chair removal. At the same time I got out the tops whilst I was asleep (might aswell!).

Seriously. If I can handle the after pain of wisdom tooth removal. Bring labour on. OMG. 6 days straight I couldnt sleep, could barely eat and was crying due to extreme pain and lack of sleep. I seemed to have a bad recovery. OUCH!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Get your wisdom teeth out!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsR2012 View Post
    thanks for the reminder. I had mine out surgically (in hospital) early September. Conceived late October.

However, Unfortunately alot of people cannot have it done in the chair. The lower teeth are right on the major jaw nerve and if they are in ANY way causing an issue or to close to that nerve any reasonable dentist will not touch them!

I had to have both my bottom ones out in hospital as where they were it was simply unsafe to attempt a chair removal. At the same time I got out the tops whilst I was asleep (might aswell!).

Seriously. If I can handle the after pain of wisdom tooth removal. Bring labour on. OMG. 6 days straight I couldnt sleep, could barely eat and was crying due to extreme pain and lack of sleep. I seemed to have a bad recovery. OUCH!
    This is some what true. However "most" can have them removed in the chair. Only a small percentage of patients need to have them removed surgically due to the wisdom tooth being to close to the mandibular nerve. It would be very silly for a dentist to remove them in the chair as its a huge risk to the patient that they may loose all feeling in the jaw (which can be for life) so they don't play around and they refer you to an oral surgeon ASAP.

Also the older you get the more bulbous the roots of the teeth get making it harder to remove.

All in all though you can have them done in the chair and it works out a lot cheaper. Also you will end up with a lot less pain afterwards, bruising etc if you do (and follow the instructions given to you accordingly) because while knocked out with a GA they can be quite rough.

I totally agree get them out if they are a problem sooner then later. Doesn't bring on premature labour though. It actually can be a lot worse (even of not pregnant) if any tooth gets an abscess and left untreated or without antibiotics then the poison in the infection can actually go through your blood ****** and be very very dangerous. So regular check ups are a good place to start to stop teeth getting to the stage of infection (which in turn need to 1. Be removed, 2. Need root canal therapy -endo, which will cost you a lot more then frequent check ups)