Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    If you call CSS they will tell you it doesn't matter how much the custodial parent makes it based of the payers income so the payee can make good money that won't drop the payers payments.
    This is 110% incorrect. My DH CS went down this year as his ex went from earning 30 to 35 thousand.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-12-2012),Crazyfamily  (20-12-2012),Izy  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Unless she has a heap of other kids like 5? It would then mean off her 70 thousand a self support amount of 21 thousand for herself then 5,6,or so thousand also comes off for each extra additional dependent child
    she only has 2 kids and both are to my ex. i really hope one day it does go down. she does get a decent amount of child support. problem is without her getting all his details...with the change of assesment how do we fight it then.? not trying to be nasty but it does seem unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If you call CSS they will tell you it doesn't matter how much the custodial parent makes it based of the payers income so the payee can make good money that won't drop the payers payments.
    That's simply not true. The reason a payer's amount goes up after she has a baby is not bc she had the baby as such, it's bc her income has dropped from not working/cutting hours when the baby is small.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-12-2012),Izy  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew it was meant to be based on both. she has done tax. see this is why i say if it is good for the paying parent topay more when the reciever earns less it should be good in reverse. in our situation it is not very fair. i do get child support for my other kids (there are 4 i recieve payments for) but it is not much. its enough to buy bread and milk for a week. but it is based on my exs real income. so that is how it is.....we do ok though as im very good with money but it still seems unfair that the other kids mum gets so much yet earns the same.....oh well unless someone can give advice on how to change it we shall wait it out lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    I knew it was meant to be based on both. she has done tax. see this is why i say if it is good for the paying parent topay more when the reciever earns less it should be good in reverse. in our situation it is not very fair. i do get child support for my other kids (there are 4 i recieve payments for) but it is not much. its enough to buy bread and milk for a week. but it is based on my exs real income. so that is how it is.....we do ok though as im very good with money but it still seems unfair that the other kids mum gets so much yet earns the same.....oh well unless someone can give advice on how to change it we shall wait it out lol
    I'm confused? Your amount for 4 kids from your ex will be different ( I believe but may be wrong ) as the percentage amount he pays will need to be spread across 4 kids not 2.

Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child support question.......

THEY SHOULD TEACH YOU ALL ABOUT CHILD SUPPORT IN HIGH SCHOOL. Seriously. Get a couple of bitter screwed over single mothers in, get a bunch of struggling screwed over dads in, and they have to learn how difficult it can be when a relationship breaks down.

Then, instead of offering $5k to have a baby, make abortions free.

Can you imagine???

Anyways.

I have nothing to else to add. Except child support is such an ethical discussion.

If I was single, I'd have $200 a fortnight left over after rent, if I'm lucky. The ex would pay $550 a week, which would make a huge difference in our lives. If he had a child, I would not want it to go down, because we made a choice to have this baby together.

If I "trapped" him into having a baby, ie, didn't tell him I wasn't using the pill, or if I cheated on him and left him... If its my choice to have this baby not an equal one... It honestly doesn't seem fair. I wish there was a way CSA could take that into account.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    This is 110% incorrect. My DH CS went down this year as his ex went from earning 30 to 35 thousand.
    Hmm different people told different things I guess or someone was mistaken I suppose they are just telemarketers glad to know its not accurate then learn something new everyday

Thanks
    Reviews

Because when you have a child with someone its just what happens. So the ex has another child with another man the child not related to the first child and the father of the first child payments go up because she has decided to have more children and lowers her income. I dont understand it really and think its BS but its the law.
    It is bs but it's based on her cost of living for her dependants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    Kinda makes kids an investment and that's wrong each child should be the same amount but I guess it's the luck of the draw. Why your children are worthy of less support and seem to cost less to raise. It is what it is keep your head up.

Thanks
    Reviews

You might want to look into the Australian CS formula before commenting on something you know nothing about. It is based on BOTH parents income. Due to PPS being so low though, most single parents don't even make the self support amount with is around $21,000 a year

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ItWasntMe For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)