Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    That IS odd Have you queried it?
    wrote a reply and it didnt work.......so,,,yeah we did. didnt change anything though. only way to maybe change is to apply for a change of assessement...that means she see's all. we wont do that. so we just pay. what annoys me is she now goes on os holidays and buy expensive stuff because she can and expects my partner to pay extra for it. if we paid what it costs to raise the kids thats one thing but to pay for a change in her lifestyle is not ok with me. he already pays enough cs. it is a fair wack of money. even his ex thought it was strange. we just give up and pay what is said and i recieve what they say. cant seem to beat them anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Comments along the lines of if your worrying bout CS amount you probably can't afford to be having a baby anyways. That's a bit harsh in my opinion.

😀
    Harsh but true!
    If someone said they were struggling to afford to provide for their first child, but they were currently TTC a second, wouldn't you say the same thing? Just because a child is from a previous relationship, shouldn't make it any different.

FTR OP I don't think the above ^^^ applies to you. You are a DINK (non-custodial) couple. I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe you should see a financial advisor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Has the financial year ended since her earnings went up? unless it's within the same income bracket..but I wouldn't think so. Ours is just balanced out at the end of the fin year and we both receive a statement of what we earned and what cost percentage we receive.
    this was int the end of financial year assestment. going by tax returns. the only increase my partner had was the cpi....so not much really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    How does she expect you to oay for a change in lifestyle? She obviously got herself a good job and manages her budget accordingly.

I seem well off compared to ex because we manage our money well, we have a nicer house and much nicer cars. My ex and I at one point earned almost the same amount, and his partner earns better money than I do.

that doesn't mean his CS has anything to do with this lol, just that we save.

i was just saying to a friend I might put a pic of my nice expensive champagne my colleague bought me and say "thanks ex for the child support so I could buy this wine" lol.

my parents are also going overseas, they earn a low income combined

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol that would be priceless to see.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    i thought it was suppose to be on both also...but my partners ex went from parenting payment only..so what 18000 a year maybe to 70 000 a year and my partners child support increased not decreased. we just pay and recieve whatever it says cos no one will ever beat it anyway...lol
    Then something is definetly not right.

For example I previously earnt about 45 thousand, my ex earnt about 60.
    Now my income is about 20 thousand so if my ex earns 60 thousand after a self support amount of 21 thousand comes off both our incomes it's only him with so called leftover income of approx 39 thousand.

Then his care percentage reduces his CS payable to about 140 per week. Now if my income goes back up to 45 & his stays the same at 60 my CS goes down to maybe 90 per week.

Roughly,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    ....tempting

but seriously I do think something is wrong there crazyfamily, an income change like that with no reassessment seems incorrect.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    ....tempting

but seriously I do think something is wrong there crazyfamily, an income change like that with no reassessment seems incorrect.
    Unless she has a heap of other kids like 5? It would then mean off her 70 thousand a self support amount of 21 thousand for herself then 5,6,or so thousand also comes off for each extra additional dependent child

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    i thought it was suppose to be on both also...but my partners ex went from parenting payment only..so what 18000 a year maybe to 70 000 a year and my partners child support increased not decreased. we just pay and recieve whatever it says cos no one will ever beat it anyway...lol
    Maybe she hasn't done a tax return? Is her income "provisional" on the last assessment?

Thanks
    Reviews

If you call CSS they will tell you it doesn't matter how much the custodial parent makes it based of the payers income so the payee can make good money that won't drop the payers payments.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast