Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    No worries, was probably how I worded it?
    No, more likely my hormones. I try and use them all up during the day on random strangers so my husband gets some peace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    One more try...

in threads by a CS recipient, she is advised to not rely on child support as part of the budget - plan for worst case scenario.

i think the same of payers...

plan for absolute worst case scenario. Work on other expenses or upping the income.

op take a look at centrelink website. You will be fairly compensated by the govt with FTB and baby bonus, if you are genuinely low income/struggling your FTB will be enough to help get you through. If you're not low income, you will still receive some FTB if you give up work to be a SAHM but the govt expects you to make do with what you have.

Have a look at the calculators to see what you may be entitled to and plan accordingly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    No, more likely my hormones. I try and use them all up during the day on random strangers so my husband gets some peace.
    Lol😜

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    so are you ok if the paying parents support goes up because custodial parents income goes down? if so how is it any different. ? as that is what i was refering to. I also recieve child support so i do know how important it is to pay. there are many people on bubhub that have said that when partners ex had a baby to someone else so they stopped working and their income decreased the father of 1st child (not new baby) had to pay more child support because the mothers income went down due to no longer working. If this is ok then surely the reverse should be ok as well. I actually agree it should be set by what the paying parent earns...but obviously that is not always the case as i have read here.
    Yep. I'm totally fine with it. Because its about the child.
    Ours went up after DH's ex had two more kids.
    She's absolutely entitled to continue and expand her family as are we.
    If the increase each month is what CS deem appropriate for providing for her and her child then I'm fine with it.
    She even works cash in hand and we don't care as it's really none of our business.
    Her and her partner are on fairly low wages.
    We're not. Our children will always have "more" just because of the circumstances they have been born into.
    It's not the child's fault he was born to two teenagers from a one night stand. So I'm fine with paying whatever to make sure he has some kind of decent lifestyle.
    And hell! I don't even love the kid! But Im fair and can see what is right.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Isn't it based on both the payer and payee's incomes? I think this is fair. If I have a baby and give up work, I do believe my ex should be held a bit more accountable for DS's needs. If he gives up work to raise a baby then yes I will have to pay more for DS' needs (lol).

what I don't agree with is partner's incomes being taken into account. I hear SO many people whinge that the biological mum has a new partner so he should now pay for the child's expenses!!

umm NO!!! not how it works, unless you want YOUR income included in the CS assessment and we all know that wouldn't be fair.

i do not want my ex's partner to be paying me CS. That isn't fair.

i don't want my ex to be absolved of his duties just because I have repartnered and we manage our money well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Yep. I'm totally fine with it. Because its about the child.
    Ours went up after DH's ex had two more kids.
    She's absolutely entitled to continue and expand her family as are we.
    If the increase each month is what CS deem appropriate for providing for her and her child then I'm fine with it.
    She even works cash in hand and we don't care as it's really none of our business.
    Her and her partner are on fairly low wages.
    We're not. Our children will always have "more" just because of the circumstances they have been born into.
    It's not the child's fault he was born to two teenagers from a one night stand. So I'm fine with paying whatever to make sure he has some kind of decent lifestyle.
    And hell! I don't even love the kid! But Im fair and can see what is right.
    well your thoughts and idea are fair then....at least you agree you should pay more either way...lots dont. as i said though, (maybe in a different post) I was a single parent of 6 until imet my partner. i do get it from the single parent side thats for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Isn't it based on both the payer and payee's incomes? I think this is fair. If I have a baby and give up work, I do believe my ex should be held a bit more accountable for DS's needs. If he gives up work to raise a baby then yes I will have to pay more for DS' needs (lol).

what I don't agree with is partner's incomes being taken into account. I hear SO many people whinge that the biological mum has a new partner so he should now pay for the child's expenses!!

umm NO!!! not how it works, unless you want YOUR income included in the CS assessment and we all know that wouldn't be fair.

i do not want my ex's partner to be paying me CS. That isn't fair.

i don't want my ex to be absolved of his duties just because I have repartnered and we manage our money well.
    i thought it was suppose to be on both also...but my partners ex went from parenting payment only..so what 18000 a year maybe to 70 000 a year and my partners child support increased not decreased. we just pay and recieve whatever it says cos no one will ever beat it anyway...lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    i thought it was suppose to be on both also...but my partners ex went from parenting payment only..so what 18000 a year maybe to 70 000 a year and my partners child support increased not decreased. we just pay and recieve whatever it says cos no one will ever beat it anyway...lol
    That IS odd Have you queried it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has the financial year ended since her earnings went up? unless it's within the same income bracket..but I wouldn't think so. Ours is just balanced out at the end of the fin year and we both receive a statement of what we earned and what cost percentage we receive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine went down when I went from working one day per week to five, at one point it was about $2.86. That wouldn't even get DS a banana!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast