Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantsabubba View Post
    Yes we did and circumstance have changed a little after falling pregnant. This info is not only for me but for dh ex as she wants the payments to go down because what she gets now from dh affects her centrelink.
    Don't get me wrong I do not want dh's ds to lose out at all and we even give her extra money when she needs it for ds. How she can't manage on the money we give her a month to care for her son is beyond me

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    Is that a fair call though? She's supporting a child on a single income and is having trouble making ends meet, you and your hubby are both working full time and presumably earning decent money and yet struggling as well? That sounds a bit hypocritical to be honest. You might get a better understanding of the cost of raising children when yours comes along, $200 a week doesn't even cover rent for most people

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

*Need~More~Coffee~Please*  (27-12-2012),delirium  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Excuse me!!! Not once did I ever say I wanted the child to miss out and going off what other people are saying it's about $20 a month. I'm not asking for the payment to stop either it was just a question I wanted answered!!! YOU have no clue what happens in other people's lives and to make a judgement that they have a serious problem with their finances and budgeting is unbelievable!!! So are you saying that people with bad finances at one point in their life and have a child to someone else should deprive their partner a family until that other child is 18???
    Attitudes like yours make me puke!!!!

You wanted to know how much CS will drop because you are struggling at the moment. Or something to that effect. You sounded so disappointed when someone suggested $20 drop a month. So yeah, you DO want the childs support payments to go down.
    And no, no one is saying you should be deprived a child. Take a deep breath. But CS payments should be in your budget as an unchangeable expense that you WILL be paying every month for years to come, you shouldn't really be counting on it to change to suit your needs.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-12-2012),delirium  (20-12-2012),Missbean  (20-12-2012),shelle65  (20-12-2012),shhhsleeping  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child support question.......

She has two other child to which she receives cs and cl. She lives with her new partner and doesn't pay any rent. When we have had dh's ds he is in hand me down clothes and only gets fed maccas nuggets. Something isn't right there imo.
    No he is on less than 100k.
    Tbh....with some comments coming through about the other child missing out etc etc makes me kinda feel like a monster because I asked a simple question related to cs dropping when bub is born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question.......

OP for what it's worth I don't see that you are trying to reduce/dodge your DP CS responsibilities, I'm guessing your trying to work out your budget which ( if your home is run like mine ) includes expenses when SK is in your care ( we have medical, swimming, dancing etc etc related to DSD)

Check CSA estimator or alternatively call CSA giving them income amounts of DP & ex, care percentage & any additional children & someone can work it out for you over the phone.

And 1 last thing don't bother posting anything CS or blended family or single parent related unless you want an all in brawl & to be judged for god knows what coz you probably won't receive an adult answer anyways. All you will get is criticism that is judged from I don't know the wording of your question or something ridiculous like that
    Last edited by Mod-xkwzit; 20-12-2012 at 22:17. Reason: unnecessary

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (20-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (20-12-2012),Maia  (20-12-2012),Missbean  (20-12-2012),wantsabubba  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So this forum is only for people who agree with the OP? That sounds kind of silly and bit hypocritical - that only you and those that agree with you are allowed a voice.

The OP is clearly on ok money. If they can't budget CS with a new baby then that's their issue.
    Last edited by delirium; 20-12-2012 at 14:42.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

shhhsleeping  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    It doesn't does it!
    The child support should be based on what the payer earns. It should have nothing to do with what the custodial parent earns!
    How utterly ridiculous!
    The notion that my ex's CS payments should go down when I start earning "good" money makes no sense whatsoever. He earns excellent money and has a responsibility to a child, it's irrelevant what I'm earning?!?

I'm actually hoping I've read the post wrong as surely people don't think that..??

Isn't this about the CHILD? Or has that been forgotten again?
    What a wonderful lifestyle that child would have having both bio parents on good money and providing for them.
    Win win I say?
    so are you ok if the paying parents support goes up because custodial parents income goes down? if so how is it any different. ? as that is what i was refering to. I also recieve child support so i do know how important it is to pay. there are many people on bubhub that have said that when partners ex had a baby to someone else so they stopped working and their income decreased the father of 1st child (not new baby) had to pay more child support because the mothers income went down due to no longer working. If this is ok then surely the reverse should be ok as well. I actually agree it should be set by what the paying parent earns...but obviously that is not always the case as i have read here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyfamily For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    OP I did mention earlier that CS should never be relied on as being decreased as a first stepping stone to planning your family and finances. It can go up and down depending on earnings.

personally, as a CS recipient ($24 a month wooooooo) I had to wait years and years and years to be able to get to even the trying to conceive point because we were worried about finances. I do believe it's only fair that payers should do the same. My ex has gotten himself a better job so next financial year his payments are likely to go up, but I would never, ever rely or factor this in when planning my next baby.

Look at your finances and have a look at what you can cut down on. Like I mentioned, we are moving further away from the city, cheaper rent, will go down to one car, and I will work at home from 9-3 instead of in an office 8-5.

Unfortunately, just because I am (hopefully) having a baby next year, this doesn't make my current son's expenses any cheaper so we are looking at things like housing, cars, better meal planning etc to save cash

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    So this forum is only for people who agree with the OP? That sounds kind of silly and bit hypocritical - that only you and those that agree with you are allowed a voice.

The OP is clearly on ok money. If they can't budget CS with a new baby then that's their issue.
    I don't know where this whole "forum is only for people who agree with op" business has come from??? I asked a question, a simple one I thought but obviously not, got answers and other info I didn't know about. That should have been the end of it.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wantsabubba For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (20-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child support question.......

I have a question about child support. My dh currently pays cs for his son and now we are expecting our first next year. Will us having a child lower his payments?? We already struggle with the payments he makes plus rent, loans bills etc. Having a child on top I'm worried we will barely get from pay to pay.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated

The OP question was " will us having a child lower his payments "

I sincerely hope the OP & her DP have not had a child with that single goal in mind😜

The answer to OP question is yes. An extended version of that answer is yes but DO NOT expect it to decrease greatly.

In addition to this would be suggestions as have been mentioned where to cut back financially etc etc.

I did not see any comment that made me think OP wants to get out of paying CS, I'm assuming ( big assumption I know ) that if OP even concerns herself with CS amount possibly going up or down that in her home it's treated like an essential expense in her budget just like rent or food.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    The OP question was " will us having a child lower his payments "

I sincerely hope the OP & her DP have not had a child with that single goal in mind😜

The answer to OP question is yes. An extended version of that answer is yes but DO NOT expect it to decrease greatly.

In addition to this would be suggestions as have been mentioned where to cut back financially etc etc.

I did not see any comment that made me think OP wants to get out of paying CS, I'm assuming ( big assumption I know ) that if OP even concerns herself with CS amount possibly going up or down that in her home it's treated like an essential expense in her budget just like rent or food.
    I can honestly say, hand over heart, that was not why we got pregnant.
    CS is always accounted for in the budget, it's never paid late or ever not paid.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast