Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    i wish it worked in reverse where people say the payment went up when the ex stopped working. my partner pays child support and his ex went from just parenting payment to $70 000 a year for 2 years in a row.....my partners child support assestment still went up slighly due to his compulsary pay increase....so she now earns just as much as he does and he still pays more child support than he did when she was on centrelink....
    Huh that doesn't sound right at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by ourbradybunch View Post
    Huh that doesn't sound right at all
    It doesn't does it!
    The child support should be based on what the payer earns. It should have nothing to do with what the custodial parent earns!
    How utterly ridiculous!
    The notion that my ex's CS payments should go down when I start earning "good" money makes no sense whatsoever. He earns excellent money and has a responsibility to a child, it's irrelevant what I'm earning?!?

I'm actually hoping I've read the post wrong as surely people don't think that..??

Isn't this about the CHILD? Or has that been forgotten again?
    What a wonderful lifestyle that child would have having both bio parents on good money and providing for them.
    Win win I say?

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-12-2012),CMF  (20-12-2012),mamamel89  (20-12-2012),shelle65  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantsabubba View Post
    Am I even entitled to this as I have a full time job? Not sure what most of it is......

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    I think it would be wise for you to start looking into it, particularly paid parental leave if you are working. It's likely to make a whole lot more difference to your finances than CSA will be able to so if I were you I would start looking into it now. Most families earning under $150,000? (don't quote me, it's been a while since any of this was an issue for us) are entitled to something once they have a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post

I find it ironic single mums are told to look after themselves, yet when a baby is born to the new family they say they can't afford his CS. Surely the couple realises that not only the new baby will cost money, but that his responsibility to his original children doesn't cease just bc he's decided to have more kids to someone else? Or would you like to see the original children go without and his new ones get everything? The whole thing makes my head spin how some people think
    THIS!!! I've been busting to write a reply like this in this thread, but you've said it a lot more calmer than I would of!
    WHY should his other kids get ripped off just because he has another baby?? If you can't afford another baby without counting on his CS payments dropping significantly then there is something very very wrong with your finances and budgeting skills. Why you would WANT CS payments to drop is beyond me. Why would you want a child to be left with less money to support it. Attitudes like this make me want to puke.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-12-2012),delirium  (20-12-2012),HarvestMoon  (20-12-2012),mamamel89  (20-12-2012),shelle65  (20-12-2012),shhhsleeping  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard sometimes though when bubbas when you conceive unexpectedly. We tried for close to 4 years so we are well prepared for our bubba to come, financially and otherwise. I would think if someone already had tight finances and then had an 'oops' baby then they might be struggling to fit another person into an already tight budget.

Mind you in a situation where finances were that tight that there was no room to move without dropping compulsory payments and it was a planned pregnancy, you would have to kind of wonder about whether or not it was the most responsible decision ever

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    THIS!!! I've been busting to write a reply like this in this thread, but you've said it a lot more calmer than I would of!
    WHY should his other kids get ripped off just because he has another baby?? If you can't afford another baby without counting on his CS payments dropping significantly then there is something very very wrong with your finances and budgeting skills. Why you would WANT CS payments to drop is beyond me. Why would you want a child to be left with less money to support it. Attitudes like this make me want to puke.
    Excuse me!!! Not once did I ever say I wanted the child to miss out and going off what other people are saying it's about $20 a month. I'm not asking for the payment to stop either it was just a question I wanted answered!!! YOU have no clue what happens in other people's lives and to make a judgement that they have a serious problem with their finances and budgeting is unbelievable!!! So are you saying that people with bad finances at one point in their life and have a child to someone else should deprive their partner a family until that other child is 18???
    Attitudes like yours make me puke!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wantsabubba For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think that if a father can't afford to support all the children he has, from ex and current partners, he should't be going out and having more children. I have heard of couples having kids just so the husband can decrease the amount of CS he pays to the ex. Disgusting.
    Assuming women know that their current partner already has children, they also need to accept that it might mean they can't afford to have any/ many children with the partner. Because children are for life (well 18 years anyway)

OP, I'm sure the CS your partner is paying will go down once you have the new baby. From your sig you have been actively trying for a while, didn't you think of finances when deciding to have a baby?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-12-2012),shelle65  (20-12-2012),shhhsleeping  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Excuse me!!! Not once did I ever say I wanted the child to miss out and going off what other people are saying it's about $20 a month. I'm not asking for the payment to stop either it was just a question I wanted answered!!! YOU have no clue what happens in other people's lives and to make a judgement that they have a serious problem with their finances and budgeting is unbelievable!!! So are you saying that people with bad finances at one point in their life and have a child to someone else should deprive their partner a family until that other child is 18???
    Attitudes like yours make me puke!!!!

If you pay $840 a month your partners income is around 100k ? Right?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (20-12-2012),shhhsleeping  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child support question.......

Yes we did and circumstance have changed a little after falling pregnant. This info is not only for me but for dh ex as she wants the payments to go down because what she gets now from dh affects her centrelink.
    Don't get me wrong I do not want dh's ds to lose out at all and we even give her extra money when she needs it for ds. How she can't manage on the money we give her a month to care for her son is beyond me

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes we did and circumstance have changed a little after falling pregnant. This info is not only for me but for dh ex as she wants the payments to go down because what she gets now from dh affects her centrelink.
    Don't get me wrong I do not want dh's ds to lose out at all and we even give her extra money when she needs it for ds. How she can't manage on the money we give her a month to care for her son is beyond me

Centrelink will only take into account what CS they have assessed your DH should be paying.
    We pay and receive private CS and centrelink just base our payments on what CS say we should be paying/receiving.
    I'd be getting in the centrelink website and playing around with the calculators. They are pretty spot on.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast