Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wantsabubba View Post
    Why did his payments go up for the ex having another child?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    Because when you have a child with someone its just what happens. So the ex has another child with another man the child not related to the first child and the father of the first child payments go up because she has decided to have more children and lowers her income. I dont understand it really and think its BS but its the law.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

threechooks  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i wish it worked in reverse where people say the payment went up when the ex stopped working. my partner pays child support and his ex went from just parenting payment to $70 000 a year for 2 years in a row.....my partners child support assestment still went up slighly due to his compulsary pay increase....so she now earns just as much as he does and he still pays more child support than he did when she was on centrelink....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Because when you have a child with someone its just what happens. So the ex has another child with another man the child not related to the first child and the father of the first child payments go up because she has decided to have more children and lowers her income. I dont understand it really and think its BS but its the law.
    When the woman ceases or cuts back on work, his payments go up until she returns to work. When he has another child the payments go down. It's not complex.

I find it ironic single mums are told to look after themselves, yet when a baby is born to the new family they say they can't afford his CS. Surely the couple realises that not only the new baby will cost money, but that his responsibility to his original children doesn't cease just bc he's decided to have more kids to someone else? Or would you like to see the original children go without and his new ones get everything? The whole thing makes my head spin how some people think

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (20-12-2012),Benji  (20-12-2012),CMF  (20-12-2012),Deserama  (20-12-2012),HarvestMoon  (20-12-2012),ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),Janesmum123  (20-12-2012),Mathermy  (20-12-2012),shhhsleeping  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Child support question.......

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    i wish it worked in reverse where people say the payment went up when the ex stopped working. my partner pays child support and his ex went from just parenting payment to $70 000 a year for 2 years in a row.....my partners child support assestment still went up slighly due to his compulsary pay increase....so she now earns just as much as he does and he still pays more child support than he did when she was on centrelink....
    But shouldn't the child be entitled to the benefits of both mum and dad earning more?
    I believe it shouldn't matter if the main carer is a multi millionaire, and the other earns $20k a year, the paying parent should still have to pay a figure that represents their earnings.
    Just because (in your case) Mum has decided to better herself, it doesn't mean Dad can just slack off on his child support. It means the child is fornutate enough to be able to be provided for better financially.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

MsTruth  (20-12-2012),shelle65  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    When the woman ceases or cuts back on work, his payments go up until she returns to work. When he has another child the payments go down. It's not complex.

I find it ironic single mums are told to look after themselves, yet when a baby is born to the new family they say they can't afford his CS. Surely the couple realises that not only the new baby will cost money, but that his responsibility to his original children doesn't cease just bc he's decided to have more kids to someone else? Or would you like to see the original children go without and his new ones get everything? The whole thing makes my head spin how some people think
    Yeah I know but the same can be the same shouldn't the parent having more kids also see that they should be able to afford the new child? Sure the 1st child should be cared for but if the child is in school and the only reason the mother is staying home is because she has a new child to the new partner how would that effect the first child's parent? They should have made sure they could provide for the new child with her staying home.

It doesnt matter really lol the law is the law and it is what it is so no point in starting an argument

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Yeah I know but the same can be the same shouldn't the parent having more kids also see that they should be able to afford the new child? Sure the 1st child should be cared for but if the child is in school and the only reason the mother is staying home is because she has a new child to the new partner how would that effect the first child's parent? They should have made sure they could provide for the new child with her staying home.

It doesnt matter really lol the law is the law and it is what it is so no point in starting an argument
    Just like the new family shouldn't have a baby unless he can afford his CS? Furthermore should the case giver of the new family be allowed to stay home if they are whinging about CS? Get out and get a job so both are working and use CC like the ex should! It goes round in circles doesn't it?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-12-2012),Janesmum123  (20-12-2012),Mathermy  (20-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Just like the new family shouldn't have a baby unless he can afford his CS? Furthermore should the case giver of the new family be allowed to stay home if they are whinging about CS? Get out and get a job so both are working and use CC like the ex should! It goes round in circles doesn't it?
    Actually it does the whole systems needs a revamp too many people on both sides getting shafted something better could be done I am sure so that both sides are cared for equally and neither party gets the **** end of the stick but thats a whole new thread. Hope you get this worked out OP good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear, we pay $840 a month. We believe his pay will come down soon too so would csa accept something in writing stating his pay has dropped so payments are lower or do we have to wait till tax time when it's stated on his tax thing (can't remember what it's called)

Ordinarily the change to your partners income would come into play after he lodges a tax return and a new assessment period starts.

if the change to his income is reasonably significant it is possible to put in an application for a Change of Assessment tobget the change to your partners income factored into account. This is a formal application that you need to make in writing. Reason 8 of the form relates to income. Be aware that you are required to disclose some details of your financial situation and that the other person receives a copy of the application.
    you can download a copy of the form at:

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/cs1970

Check out the form and discuss with your DP. Perhaps have a play with the online calculator and see the actual difference your new bub brings to the assessment too.
    Last edited by Izy; 20-12-2012 at 21:49. Reason: fix quote

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    Have you checked your eligibility for paid parental leave, baby bonus, parenting payment, family tax benefit etc? I think you would find that the increased amount you would get from these would more than compensate any slight decrease in payments you will get from CSA. Meaning you might only receive an adjustment of $20 but be eligible for up to a few hundred extra a fortnight depending on your circumstances.
    Am I even entitled to this as I have a full time job? Not sure what most of it is......

Thanks
    Reviews

I tried using the calculator but it can't estimate because she receives more than one lot of cs