Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWasntMe View Post
    You might want to look into the Australian CS formula before commenting on something you know nothing about. It is based on BOTH parents income. Due to PPS being so low though, most single parents don't even make the self support amount with is around $21,000 a year
    Like I said it was told to me from a CSA worker not a website. Like I said they are just telemarketers but really seems that some of them dont know what they are talking about. All good though mistakes happen. Glad it got cleared up.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    12,292
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked
    1,225
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Kinda makes kids an investment and that's wrong each child should be the same amount but I guess it's the luck of the draw. Why your children are worthy of less support and seem to cost less to raise. It is what it is keep your head up.
    No, it's not luck of the draw, and it's not a reflection of childrens worth.

    It as assessment based on the funds remaining from the childs parents income after self support is removed.

    You've got two parent on limited income the CS figures will be small. You've got one or both on good incomes there is more 'spare' money to go towards the child.

    It's not about giving a child a dollar figure for worth. It's giving them a proportional amount of their parents income to contribute towards their costs.

  3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

    delirium  (20-12-2012),ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (20-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (21-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    12,292
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked
    1,225
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    CSA telemarketers? uuuummmm. No.
    Doesn't happen.

    Who on earth were you talking too and what fresh telemarketing scam is a brewing?

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

    ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)

  6. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    CSA telemarketers? uuuummmm. No.
    Doesn't happen.

    Who on earth were you talking too and what fresh telemarketing scam is a brewing?

    I know they arnt telemarketers per say but the ones you talk too usually are not the ones that make the decisions they are more like secretaries I guess. I have heard too many people told totally different things I think they need a bit more understanding of the whole CS thing if they are going to answer questions. No scam lol

  7. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Posts
    8,990
    Thanks
    3,308
    Thanked
    1,659
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I know they arnt telemarketers per say but the ones you talk too usually are not the ones that make the decisions they are more like secretaries I guess. I have heard too many people told totally different things I think they need a bit more understanding of the whole CS thing if they are going to answer questions. No scam lol
    They would be basing different advice on different situations, but rates are set by federal law, and there are even nifty little estimators where anyone can enter incomes etc and get a figure.

  8. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Posts
    8,990
    Thanks
    3,308
    Thanked
    1,659
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    also the people on the phone, with all centrelink/CSA/FSA offices are basically entering the details into the computer software, it runs the algorithm and the rates pop up in the record

  9. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    12,292
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked
    1,225
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    i wish it worked in reverse where people say the payment went up when the ex stopped working. my partner pays child support and his ex went from just parenting payment to $70 000 a year for 2 years in a row.....my partners child support assestment still went up slighly due to his compulsary pay increase....so she now earns just as much as he does and he still pays more child support than he did when she was on centrelink....
    Decisions are made by the SYSTEM, by the formula, by the calculators.

    Child support works by taking the incomes of both parent, taking out self support amount, identifying the remaining income that COULD be used for children, then aportioning the resposibility of the pool of funds depending on cost ratio ( similar to care %).

    This is why it is possible for a primary carer to have their CS payment received DECREASE when their pay goes down. It's also why sometimes you'll see what seems like a small or large increase/decrease when you would expect different, because it's using BOTH incomes and cost %

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:


  11. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK but when you tell them that the payee is making more than what they are reporting and ask if you can prove it will it make a difference and they say "no what the payee makes doesn't matter on how much is paid" and you ask clearly so they can make a million dollars a year and CS payments will remain the same" Then get a "yes" answer but then people here say that they are told it does what is one suppose to assume?

  12. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Decisions are made by the SYSTEM, by the formula, by the calculators.

    Child support works by taking the incomes of both parent, taking out self support amount, identifying the remaining income that COULD be used for children, then aportioning the resposibility of the pool of funds depending on cost ratio ( similar to care %).

    This is why it is possible for a primary carer to have their CS payment received DECREASE when their pay goes down. It's also why sometimes you'll see what seems like a small or large increase/decrease when you would expect different, because it's using BOTH incomes and cost %
    Ok thanks for explaining that

  13. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    12,292
    Thanks
    1,571
    Thanked
    1,225
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    OK but when you tell them that the payee is making more than what they are reporting and ask if you can prove it will it make a difference and they say "no what the payee makes doesn't matter on how much is paid" and you ask clearly so they can make a million dollars a year and CS payments will remain the same" Then get a "yes" answer but then people here say that they are told it does what is one suppose to assume?
    You were told the wrong thing.

    There are actually cases (seen with parents here on bubhub) where the person with the MOST CARE of their child, is still paying CS to the OTHER parent.

    eg
    Child lives with Mum 80% of the time. Dad 20%
    Mum is on awesome income, Dad is on unemployment.
    Mum pays child support to dad to help ensure child's standard of care and living is equal over both locations.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

    ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Another child support question...
    By Nedz in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-08-2012, 20:13
  2. Child support question
    By ComeBackKid in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 14:59
  3. Child support question
    By mordygordy in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 22:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim runs learn to swim classes for babies, children and adults. Our indoor centre in Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays. We also offer outdoor programs during the summer months (Oct-Mar) at Rostrevor college.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!