Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWasntMe View Post
    You might want to look into the Australian CS formula before commenting on something you know nothing about. It is based on BOTH parents income. Due to PPS being so low though, most single parents don't even make the self support amount with is around $21,000 a year
    Like I said it was told to me from a CSA worker not a website. Like I said they are just telemarketers but really seems that some of them dont know what they are talking about. All good though mistakes happen. Glad it got cleared up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Kinda makes kids an investment and that's wrong each child should be the same amount but I guess it's the luck of the draw. Why your children are worthy of less support and seem to cost less to raise. It is what it is keep your head up.
    No, it's not luck of the draw, and it's not a reflection of childrens worth.

It as assessment based on the funds remaining from the childs parents income after self support is removed.

You've got two parent on limited income the CS figures will be small. You've got one or both on good incomes there is more 'spare' money to go towards the child.

It's not about giving a child a dollar figure for worth. It's giving them a proportional amount of their parents income to contribute towards their costs.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

delirium  (20-12-2012),ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (20-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (21-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    CSA telemarketers? uuuummmm. No.
    Doesn't happen.

Who on earth were you talking too and what fresh telemarketing scam is a brewing?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    CSA telemarketers? uuuummmm. No.
    Doesn't happen.

Who on earth were you talking too and what fresh telemarketing scam is a brewing?

I know they arnt telemarketers per say but the ones you talk too usually are not the ones that make the decisions they are more like secretaries I guess. I have heard too many people told totally different things I think they need a bit more understanding of the whole CS thing if they are going to answer questions. No scam lol

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know they arnt telemarketers per say but the ones you talk too usually are not the ones that make the decisions they are more like secretaries I guess. I have heard too many people told totally different things I think they need a bit more understanding of the whole CS thing if they are going to answer questions. No scam lol
    They would be basing different advice on different situations, but rates are set by federal law, and there are even nifty little estimators where anyone can enter incomes etc and get a figure.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    also the people on the phone, with all centrelink/CSA/FSA offices are basically entering the details into the computer software, it runs the algorithm and the rates pop up in the record

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    i wish it worked in reverse where people say the payment went up when the ex stopped working. my partner pays child support and his ex went from just parenting payment to $70 000 a year for 2 years in a row.....my partners child support assestment still went up slighly due to his compulsary pay increase....so she now earns just as much as he does and he still pays more child support than he did when she was on centrelink....
    Decisions are made by the SYSTEM, by the formula, by the calculators.

Child support works by taking the incomes of both parent, taking out self support amount, identifying the remaining income that COULD be used for children, then aportioning the resposibility of the pool of funds depending on cost ratio ( similar to care %).

This is why it is possible for a primary carer to have their CS payment received DECREASE when their pay goes down. It's also why sometimes you'll see what seems like a small or large increase/decrease when you would expect different, because it's using BOTH incomes and cost %

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK but when you tell them that the payee is making more than what they are reporting and ask if you can prove it will it make a difference and they say "no what the payee makes doesn't matter on how much is paid" and you ask clearly so they can make a million dollars a year and CS payments will remain the same" Then get a "yes" answer but then people here say that they are told it does what is one suppose to assume?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Decisions are made by the SYSTEM, by the formula, by the calculators.

Child support works by taking the incomes of both parent, taking out self support amount, identifying the remaining income that COULD be used for children, then aportioning the resposibility of the pool of funds depending on cost ratio ( similar to care %).

This is why it is possible for a primary carer to have their CS payment received DECREASE when their pay goes down. It's also why sometimes you'll see what seems like a small or large increase/decrease when you would expect different, because it's using BOTH incomes and cost %
    Ok thanks for explaining that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    OK but when you tell them that the payee is making more than what they are reporting and ask if you can prove it will it make a difference and they say "no what the payee makes doesn't matter on how much is paid" and you ask clearly so they can make a million dollars a year and CS payments will remain the same" Then get a "yes" answer but then people here say that they are told it does what is one suppose to assume?
    You were told the wrong thing.

There are actually cases (seen with parents here on bubhub) where the person with the MOST CARE of their child, is still paying CS to the OTHER parent.

eg
    Child lives with Mum 80% of the time. Dad 20%
    Mum is on awesome income, Dad is on unemployment.
    Mum pays child support to dad to help ensure child's standard of care and living is equal over both locations.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

ItWasntMe  (20-12-2012),Lovemyfam  (20-12-2012),trishalishous  (20-12-2012)