+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Pod Coffee Machine - help!

My aunt has a nespresso that does hot and cold milk. Not sure which model it is but will try find out.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I thought all Nespresso machines do cold frothed milk? You just hold the button in on the frother until it turns blue. My machine is a citiz and does it, so does my Mum's Nespresso machine (she has a different model, can't remember which one).

I make a delicious spiced ice coffee in mine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Sorry to hijack. I'm also looking at the dolce gusto but am not sure about the milk side of it (having to use pods for milk only, is that right?).
    Does any one here have one?

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Think it's the Nespresso Citiz & Milk that does both hot an cold

My xMIL has the dolce gusto and yep it's milk pods (full cream) so I've opted to get the Pixie instead so I can do my own milk as I prefer Hilo milk. The dolce gusto takes nice enough but you can tell its powdered milk.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 22-12-2012 at 11:57.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

OP - in answer to your question, I personally wouldn't buy the Aldi machine if you don't have an Aldi nearby. I think that would be annoying.

The Nespresso pods are very simple to order and there are also pods from Woolies that fit them. Otherwise the Woolies Caffitaly machine might be a better option (I haven't tried it though, so can't comment on their pods).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    OP - in answer to your question, I personally wouldn't buy the Aldi machine if you don't have an Aldi nearby. I think that would be annoying.

The Nespresso pods are very simple to order and there are also pods from Woolies that fit them. Otherwise the Woolies Caffitaly machine might be a better option (I haven't tried it though, so can't comment on their pods).
    I was mainly thinking the Aldi as it seems to fit the woollies/map ones, and the nespresso along with a few others, which means I could buy from anywhere... I don't like the thought of being limited to either map or nespresso, if I had to choose I'd prefer nespresso!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just updated our old Nespresso, we got the new Nespresso U for $189 at Harvey Norman. (249 on sale with 60 cash back from Nespresso)

The milk jug that comes with it does hot and cold milk.

The pods are SO easy to get as well, the online ordering is so efficient that they appear on the doorstep the next business day if you order in the morning, much easier than negotiating Woolies! So despite some people finding the online ordering a negative, I've never had an issue with it.

Thanks
    Reviews

So with the nespresso, are any of the other pods in store compatible? Bating shops isn't an issue, I seem to be there everyday! Plus I'm more of a visual person and would like an option of buying something compatible locally if I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Pod Coffee Machine - help!

Find out which pods you can buy where you live ... And buy the machine that they fit.

Personally if you want affordable then go Aldi. If u want brand name but have to order pods on net go nespresso

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Pod Coffee Machine - help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    We just updated our old Nespresso, we got the new Nespresso U for $189 at Harvey Norman. (249 on sale with 60 cash back from Nespresso)

The milk jug that comes with it does hot and cold milk.

The pods are SO easy to get as well, the online ordering is so efficient that they appear on the doorstep the next business day if you order in the morning, much easier than negotiating Woolies! So despite some people finding the online ordering a negative, I've never had an issue with it.
    Except last time I was on the site it said u couldn't order unless over $50 worth of order

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast