+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pod Coffee Machine - help!

The map pods fit aldi machines and the caffitaly ones from woolies do as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The aldi machine takes:
    • aldi pods
    • map pods
    • nespresso pods
    • woolworths/gloria jeans pods

The Nepresso takes Nespresso and some at coles....

The Caffitaly takes:
    • map pods
    With a Caffitaly machine do not put pods in there unless they specify that they're designed for for a Caffitaly machine- the Caffitaly pods have extra filters in them, instead of filters in the machine. The Nespresso and Aldi pods have less pod filters, so in the Caffitaly machine you will get sludge in your coffee and extra build up in your machine.

HTH...

ETA: Cost wise Aldi is the cheapest, followed by the Woolworths, Goria Jeans, Map then Nespresso.

When it comes to flavours Nespresso & Aldi have the best range and both a great. The Gloria Jeans caramel one is good, but their others are just average. The Woolworths ones are acid crud. I haven't tried Map, but read mixed reviews.
    Last edited by Luna Lovegood; 19-12-2012 at 20:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks Luna... I actually enjoy instant, so I'm worried it will be a waste of money/time even getting one.

I had heard MAP wasn't that good in taste, but saw Harvey Norman has the perfecto for $49 and figured it might be worth a try, I was hoping it was Nespresso compatible, that way if I didn't like the taste I could fall back on ordering those.. Seems not though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

And it seems the Aldi takes all?! Maybe it is the way to go

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    The aldi machine takes:
    • aldi pods
    • map pods
    • nespresso pods

The Nepresso takes Nespresso and some at coles....

The Caffitaly takes:
    • map pods
    With a Caffitaly machine do not put pods in there unless they specify that they're designed for for a Caffitaly machine- the Caffitaly pods have extra filters in them, instead of filters in the machine. The Nespresso and Aldi pods have less pod filters, so in the Caffitaly machine you will get sludge in your coffee and extra build up in your machine.

HTH...

ETA: Cost wise Aldi is the cheapest, followed by the Woolworths, Goria Jeans, Map then Nespresso.

When it comes to flavours Nespresso & Aldi have the best range and both a great. The Gloria Jeans caramel one is good, but their others are just average. The Woolworths ones are acid crud. I haven't tried Map, but read mixed reviews.
    I bought nespresspo pods from their website and they did not fit my aldi machine. They were a lot smaller.

How did you get your nespresso pods to fit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Pod Coffee Machine - help!

I have a homemaker machine from Kmart that is designed to fit nespresso pods. There is also a brand sold at Woolworths that fit nespresso machines. (Piazza Doro) and they are slightly cheaper than nespresso but not quite as nice.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post
    I bought nespresspo pods from their website and they did not fit my aldi machine. They were a lot smaller.

my Mum has an Aldi machine and I have a Nespresso machine and she tried the nespresso pods in the Aldi machine and said they fell through the slot because they were too small.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyDucks View Post

Half pulling the lever down, then putting the pod in...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (23-12-2012),Mod-Myztik  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I have a homemaker machine from Kmart that is designed to fit nespresso pods. There is also a brand sold at Woolworths that fit nespresso machines. (Piazza Doro) and they are slightly cheaper than nespresso but not quite as nice.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    yep thats the brand that i found in coles yesterday to go in nespresso . but i think the price difference was within the range of a few cents .....

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow these are getting popular think this is the 3rd thread ive come along and i still finding new machines. I only have woolies so was interested in their one but hated the lack of flavours and also the frother is only 100ml. Then after this thread im liking the MAP one as it has the frother attachment (need to buy the jug tho) and only $49 + $9 postage. So now im wondering what capsules they take??? Ive noticed you put the capsules in diff from the others which is why im hoping there will be more compatible pods still searching tho as i have come across reusable capsules and also a site with powdered chai latte and hot choc but everything changes within minutes literally lol