+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pod Coffee Machine - help!

Ok... so I am REALLY confused! i really want a pod coffee machine, there is just too many to choose from!

Is there a machine that accepts all different brands of pods? My mind is trying to think rationally, and buy the Dolce Gusto as foodland is the supermarket i frequent most, but then i like the price of the MAP one, and have heard good things about Aldi, and can get it from ebay (but dont have an aldi here to buy pods!)

Is there a generic no name machine that fits ALL pods? Ive seen a few 'no name' machines on ebay but have no idea what to get, what tastes best etc!! HELP!

Sorry mods, didn't know where to post this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an Aldi one as that is were I regularly shop so I can pick up a pack each week with my shopping.Don't get an Aldi one if you don't have an aldi near you getting the pods will be a PITA.

I'd go with where you shop as I can imagine having to order on line or go to a different shop would be very annoying.

Can't comment on the other brands but I've been very happy with my Aldi machine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thankyou What other pods fit your Aldi? If I can work which machine takes what it might be easier to choose!

Do you use a milk frother or frothing arm thingo!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i dont think there is one machine that accepts all pods , no .

but some are interchangeable somewhat .

i have nespresso machine and yesterday found a brand of pods from coles that fits .....in saying that those pods i found are not cheaper than propper nespresso ones unless i got them on special ...it would be just the conviniance id buy them for iykwm ?

i think the machine quality and waranty u cant go past nespresso . (ive never really seen other machines in action tho )

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hi

I have a Nespresso and I have always found it easy to order the pods. I use the app and it takes two minutes literally to order pods and two days later they magically appear at my door

If you are thinking about an Aldi machine but if you don't have an Aldi near you though then I wouldn't buy an Aldi machine, it will just be a nuisance to buy pods - are they the only pods that fit that machine?

Is there a Woolies near you? I have heard some mostly good, some mixed reviews about the Woolies one - a cafitaly or something?

Thanks
    Reviews

Isn't there a few different nespressos? Did you find it by looking at the pod shape?

I was avoiding nespresso purely because getting their pods would be hard... Hhmmmm!

Thanks
    Reviews

In saying that I would like a nespresso compatible one in case I don't like the taste of select/Coles ones!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Biscotti x

Oh I didn't realise it was that easy to order them. Yes, I do my weekly food shop at Woolworths, and have seen theirs, I just don't get there in between if I was to run out hence, leaning more towards the dolce gusto. But if the woolies ones, fit the dolce gusto then I'd prefer the woolies one! Hah! See my issue!

Thanks for the food for thought x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've not found other pods that fit Aldi, but than again I haven't really looked. There is some brand that is meant to fit but i've never actually seen them anywhere. At about $0.4 per coffee I don't think i'm going to get a cheaper pod anyway.

I think in general you'll find most machines require specific pods and you're lucky if you can find a brand that is interchangable. The companies make their money off the pods so it's not really in their interests to have other brands fit their machines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yes there are several nespresso models ...they all take the same nespresso pods (except for the larger more industrial machines which take a differnt pod again)

the nespresso pods are easy to order not a hassle at all ....as i said the only reason i will buy the brand i found from coles that fit will be if i say run out and need them right away (it takes about 4 days for my orders to arrive as im rural)

the brand that i forund in coles that fit nespresso ISNT the dulce gusto pods ....its a different brand all together