+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

^^ I wouldn't be comfortable doing this. Cart before the horse, jinxing it, and all that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Each to their own. I put our pram on layby a week after my bfp, I mcd a week later.... It was so hard walking past the spare room seeing an empty pram knowing I had an empty belly... It wasnt long after we got blessed with ds luckily but it did teach me to relax a bit with buying things. LOL

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (29-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Lilnightmare personally I couldn't do it. I would feel like it would jinx me. That said I am very superstitious. I think it would put too much pressure on myself to make the baby that go with the furniture i have and if anything was too happen I would be forever reminded because I would relate it to that thing I bought. I have 2 bits of clothings that I can never wear again because bad things happened whilst I was wearing those items and every time I look at them I'm forever reminded of what happened. It also goes with good things I have a lucky dress and I have a she power dress that I wear for big major work meetings!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's a great list for bubs! Its so helpful to Hear ftom someone with kids. I listen to all my friends with kids & seems all babies are different so who knows! I think I'll be getting advice from everyone & going from there... I'm the type who wil buy everything lol. As for buying things now, I won't. Part of me wants to, but I'm superstitious too! Maybe if I found something super special I might, but again I think Id wait.
    Im going a bit crazy! I don't know when I O'd this month after coming off implanon & now Im crazy waiting for af to arrive or not. It helps me to see how hard it must be for some. I think though when my cycle is sorted ill be better. I like timeframes lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I'm too superstitious too! I'm forever looking at baby websites and putting little things in my cart to potentially buy and start a collection - but never go through with it. I think the second I get a bfp I'll be buying though

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not superstitious at all. I would start buying stuff now if I had the money. At the moment all our extra savings is going into our wedding and setting up our new home due to be finished next year.
    I'll start buying as soon as I get a positive. Except for clothes. I'll let people gift those and buy the essentials.
    DF is just as keen to get started on TTC as I am. Hopefully we can get this house finished and quickly save some more money so we can start earlier than planned.

Thanks
    Reviews

Argh! My damn DP is so very annoying! He's back on board with the ttc in feb and we have talked about our plans with moving in together and finances and timing, and now I'm not allowed to talk about a baby at all! He says that now it's like everything I say is about a baby and that I've completely back flipped on everything I used to say was important (ie marriage first) and that I only care about babies and not our life together and how are we going to get engaged if he can't afford a ring cos he's gotta pay for our house, etc.

Well aca-scuse me but now I just want a baby and so that's what I want to talk about! I didn't say a single word about it all last night and I mention it today and boom! In trouble! Rant over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Future mama glad I'm not the only superstitious one! I think if I put things in my online cart id end up buying them!!
    Nomie that's a good idea to let ppl buy you the clothes, I'm so obsessive though I'd end up buying 145699 items if clothes just to never be used! I hope you guys can start earlier too!! It's hard waiting but I try to think that it's the first stage if baby planning so that helps a bit.
    Mare it's so tough! I'm the same wanting to talk about it always especially as its an exciting topic. That's why I love this group so hubby doesn't go mad hearing about it all the time. Plus I think it's a bit of a woman thing re baby planning. I def try to go easy on the baby talk if I can but way easier said than done. Hubby did day when I'm actually pregnant he will be happier then to talk about it so who knows?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Well im in limbo! The tww is bad enough without confusing test results!. 3 faint positives and 4 bfns since my first pos 6 days ago. 14Dpo, cd31 I think af due monday... Last month she came 12dpo cd29....after a positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, that sucks Mare. It's just not the same for them. It's all consuming for us and I don't think they'll ever really get it. It's a bit the same for me, I try not to overwhelm my DH with baby chat. Chat to us as much as you like

Shadow - an amazing list, you put on everything I would have!
    I recommend the Aussie-made Lil' Fraser wraps. They're a stretchy cotton and so hold together much better, particularly with all the wiggling! My friend gave me one and it was the only wrap I used, even though I had a stack of different others. Now my DD uses it as a snuggly/blanket and it's still in good shape after hundreds of washes!
    We were leant (permenantly) a change table and use it all the time, though when DD was newborn we just changed her on our bed. We still use it now, and sometimes it does take two of us to get her changed as well If you get one make sure it has a drawer or two and some storage space. We used ours for storing clothes to start with and now her shoes, some books and nappies. We've found it really useful.
    With carriers we were leant a baby bjorn and I used it quite a bit, but I think this time I'll get some sort of sling. I found a bumbo really useful - would sit DD up in it on the beanch (carefully of course) and cook dinner. She sometimes ate in it too. But you won't need one of those til at least 4/5 months so don't waste your space til then!

I hit up second hand baby markets, ebay and friends for almost everything. As soon as you tell ppl you are pregnant you'll be showered with garbage bags full of clothes, toys, linen, furniture, everything! So I would wait to see what gets handed to you before purchasing big stuff. Unless you like it brand spanking new!

I think we've finally decided to go out with some friends in Manly for nye. They have a friend who's having a rooftop party which sounds good .

Have a great day everyone