+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hailzy View Post
    Heya all =) So hubby has a new laptop which will make replying on here so much easier!!Disney that is brilliant your cycles are behaving themselves. Would make planning a lot more simple for you too. So does a positive OPK mean you are about to O? Or HAVE o'd? Guessing it means about to based on your plan on going it it like rabbits after a positive lol. SO excited for you.

Sounds like I need to get this pink pad app. What do you tell people who ask when you will have a bubs? I get this ALL The time too! Sorry if I've missed people = can't see all the posts! AFM - Nothing really news since yesterday lol. Just loving my time off. Did a STACK of cleaning today which was great, now I have the rest of my time off for me. I've been thinking, if I get my BFP this month, I might freak out lol. Funny I want something for ages, then it seems close and gets scary? Am thinking if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I might try to have an idea when I O (if I can work it out). I'm happy to get my BFP now, but financially, and I think also health reasons I could wait, so wouldn't hugely matter to me if it happened in a year instead. That being said, I think if I wasn't preg in 12 months of ntnp, I'd be worried. I had a question too, what do you all think of vitamins? Is elevit necessary, or just folate? Elevit seems pretty pricey, but if it helps then that's all good. Whats on for everyones NYE?? I have no idea, part of me wants to do nothing (i'm thinking if I am preg, I don't want to drink) or go all out lol, decisions decisions!
    a positive OPK means you will o in 12 - 24 hours according to the box. When I got my positive OPk it was in the morning, that night I had heaps of cm, my boobs hurt, I had a stabby pain where I imagine my ovary would be. I also couldn't think about anything other than jumping my dh.

You should totally get pink pad it's really good. It helps keep track of your weight as well if you want to loose any. I use it to track my cycles, I also record the symptoms I have, when we dtd, when I got my positive OPK etc. I find its grea, i also set reminders to take folate. I also showed it to my doc a the pre ttc appointment and she was impressed she said it will make it extremely easy to pin point when we conceive the baby to get a due date.

When people ask when we will have a baby ... I tell people I'm not sure and we'll see what happens. It's a big deal and its not something we will rush into when it happens it happens and it generally keeps them happy.

At my doctors appointment she told me not to waste my money on vitamins she said folate is the only thing you need to take. She said vitamins are a personal thing. The dury is out, some doctors say yes, others say no dont waste your money. If you have an unbalanced diet and don't eat well then vitamins could help, but if you eat well and eat veggies and lean protein you don't need the vitamins. I'm only taking the blackmores i-folate.

The closer I get to actually trying for a baby the more scared I get so I feel your anxiety there! As for nye I don't know either ?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Does anyone have a Need vs Want list of items needed for a new baby. I love budgeting and would like to start to get an idea of the essential items. (Gives me an excuse to start looking for bargains now as well).
    I found a couple is lists of things to buy baby. I'm not sure how much is a want vs a need. I'm still wading through all of this because it seems like so much stuff and I think you can go a little overboard.

http://www.*******.com.au/Baby-produ...aby-checklist/

http://www.*************.com.au/preg...622-20s6m.html

Thise with kids already.. What are the must buys of having a baby??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    What are the must buys of having a baby??
    My most used item, appart from clothes and nappies was my baby carrier. DS did not sleep unless he was on my lap, so it ment I could do simple things like hang the washing out or chop veggies for dinner. I would also take it shopping and out and about. If he wanted to sleep he could and I could do things while he slept.
    I plan to use it even more this time round, what with running after a three year old and all!

So excited for everyone in the tWW, baby dancing and expecting! Carrie77 August is an awesome time for a baby, I really want number two born then as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the last couple of days I was quite late in taking my pill. Bad Nomie. I think my subconscious is trying to get me pregnant. We DTD last night, but I doubt anything will happen from a couple of late pills. I'm usually right on the dot with them as well.

Trio, I'm hoping to keep my hands free with a sling (ergobaby maybe?). I've heard other mums say that they hardly used their carriers because the baby was able to go straight into the cot at night, and they outgrew the carrier too fast. Just goes to show how different each situation for a mum and bub can be.

Downloading Pink Pad now. Looks pretty good, but I probably won't need to use it until I'm off BC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

I think have the bare basics and save cash for things you might want...when bub is born then get them with saved cash. I wish someone told me that. We have a baby bath we used maybe 10 times. With my csect, it was too hard to fill and empty. I just disinfected the laundry trough. I then had washing machine for towel.

Basinette is optional... We had the one that attached to our pram... Paid $110 for the stand seperate alone... Only to find the basinette is smaller and he out grew it by 8 weeks. That being said, I want a proper one for #2.

Change table is optional... I used it somewhat.. But now its in the way.

I think necessities....
    Cot
    Pram
    Sheet sets, blankets
    Wraps. Get a couple of each type. I never had muslins but got given some and used then the most.
    All in one suits (bonds wondersuits) I liked the target ones
    Baby monitor
    Breast pump if you plan to breast feed... I can not recommend the medela swing enough!! It is pricey though.
    If bottle feeding... Steraliser. we had an electric steam one. Easier than milton or boiling. Bottle warmer.
    Nappy bag
    Socks, singlets/body suits
    Towels and face washers
    Carseat. Look for one that can rear face for a long time... Its alot safer than ff when young. Capsule...personal choice...we had one, he out grew it at 7kgs...it was rated until 12kgs! It wa useful for when he fell asleep travelling...just unhook it and carry inside.
    nappies-disposable, cloth or modern cloth
    Rocker/bouncer/swing. Great for play times
    Baby gym/tummy time mat
    Baby carrier is optional... I had a mini monkey sling that we never used, but got alot if use from a tommee tippee baby carrier. I want an ergo for next one.

I found we had all these adorable clothes..and half haven't been worn. They grow so quick!

I brought but never used a bath seat for when sitting. He hated it.
    We also had the angelcare baby sound and movement monitor (pad goes under cot matress and parent monitor beeps if they stop breathing for 20 seconds) we used the sound but never the pad. ill think and update tonight.
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 28-12-2012 at 09:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the list shadow.. Can I ask why you didn't use a change table or found it got in the way? What did you use? Change tables are expensive (well the one u want) so I'm curious to hear why you do/don't need one ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Initially I did, but after a while it was just as easy to change on the bed at night (and warmer) same with day changes, in the day was warner in the lounge so used couch or floor. Now he wiggles and twists so much he would throw himself off the side. (sometimes takes two of us to change him!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you need a sterilizer if you a breast feeding and/or expressing milk?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Do you need a sterilizer if you a breast feeding and/or expressing milk?
    Most people would use a steriliser when breastfeeding if they express. You need to clean the parts of the pumping equipment and bottles that you used with the ebm. I didn't own a steriliser and I ended up bottle feeding. I felt I could clean the equipment properly and sanitarily without the added cost of a steriliser, myself

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Hailzy- when ppl ask me when we are having bub, I just reply one day. Don't want any more pressure.

Was talking to my mum today about my sister and how she has said when she has a bub she wants white furniture. I said to her I don't I want black or mocha and told her that I like the one from babies are us. She then proceeded to tell me to buy it and she will pay me back as if it's from her. I said mum we don't have a baby though And aren't sure when it will happen (she doesn't know we will be trying soon). She kept saying just get it, you like that one... Get that one!

I know I have bought a few things but I'm not sure how I feel about purchasing a big ticket item and have no baby....