+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Last night I had a wedding nightmare. I forgot the bridesmaid dresses, the band played the wrong song, photographer and hair dresser didn't turn up, and I was 3 hrs late to my own wedding. :O I was glad to wake up!!
    That's so normal! The number of wedding nightmares I had was crazy!! It's such a huge deal and you spend sooo much money and want everything to go well its natural for your sub-conscience to play evil tricks on you! Your wedding day will be amazing and you've just gotta remember on the day whatever happens, happens there is no use stressing just go with the flow and enjoy it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

I'll reply later... I've had a quick read through and I think it was mrsLa asked what we got for Xmas.... Here is my hall.
    ImageUploadedByBub Hub1356565740.833630.jpg

Anyone would think I have kids with some of them. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilNightmare, that's an impressive haul!
    I won't post a pic but I got a lovely blue leather bag and wallet from DF. They are my favourite presents from this year.

Disney, not long now until you start trying! So excited for you!! I hope everyone who starts trying soon gets their BFPs really quickly.

As for the movies. I like musicals, but Les Miserables was a bit much for me. There was no real dialogue between songs, just a lot of talk singing. DF hated it! He said the movie was like one 2 and a half hr song. Haha. I love Lord of the Rings and I read the Hobbit as a kid. But if you haven't read the book before it may not meet your expectations. It's no where near as epic as the LotR trilogy. I'm also hanging out to see Life of Pi. I might wait to see Wreck it Ralph on DVD though.

I didn't score much on boxing day. The sales weren't as discounted as I thought they would be. I just picked up a pair of denim shorts and 3/4 cargo pants. I'll head back soon though when it's not so busy. I need some nice summery shirts etc. for our Fiji honeymoon.

I'm back at work already. I had Christmas Eve and Day off. I'm casual so I chose to work through the rest of the week because I'll be taking 3 weeks off for our honeymoon soon anyway and I desperately need the $$$. It's quiet in the office obviously. :P Not much to do and no one else to talk to. Everyone else is away for the week.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

Disney  (28-12-2012),LilNightmare  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    It's been AGES, and I've missed this thread! I just got so busy over the last few weeks that I barely had time to have a shower, let alone see what you girls have been chatting about. I can see there's a few more of us now too!

Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas!! Looks like you got seriously spoilt Lilnightmare! I got that Jamie Oliver Cookbook too, and today I bought a food processor so I can chop stuff just like him! Can't wait to chop stuff

So, forgive me, but has anyone got a BFP yet???!!!
    How is everyone going on getting organised for ttcing?

AFM - I've had my mammogram and ultrasound and got the all clear for now which was excellent news. Next I've got my blood test to do in the New Year and I've started on the Elevit. The best thing I've done though is join the gym again. A couple of my friends have joined up too so we're going to hit it hard in the new year. One friend is already ttc and the other is gearing up for her first, so we are all motivated and excited, which is great! Oh, and I also did a trial OPK test to see if it was all happening ok and it is! Yay!

My 21 month old daughter has been so cute and it's making me extremely clucky, can't wait to do it again even though it's seriously hard work! Hoping sencond time around will be a little more relaxed
    Hope you're all having a great holiday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back JessyJ. Is it okay to ask what's been keeping you busy?

Oh I would love to get the book Jamie's 30-Minute Meals. My friend got that for Christmas and posted a picture of her first meal on facebook. Looks delicious and easy!

Great to hear the all clears! And nice work on joining back at the gym. I'm about to cancel my membership. Haven't been motivated to drive there since we moved further away. But I walk the dog everyday for 40 mins. So I get my 30. It's way easier to get to the gym with friends. When my gym buddy stopped going it was not as fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilnightmare what a haul!! I'm glad to see someone else loves Mickey Mouse and Disney as much as I do!!!

I got an iPad mini, 2 dresses from cue, gossip girl season 5, mad men season 2 and 3 and epic mickey 2 from dh, a country road bag from my secret Santa on dh side, a Michael Kors ring and matching earrings from secret Santa on my side and I got a pasta attachment for my kitchen aid from the real Santa (yes real Santa still comes to me much to my dh shock).

Jessy - Welcome back we have had our first bfp, Carrie77 ! She is due in August next year! Mrs la is 5dpo so we have our fingers crossed for her at the moment. Sounds like your ttc prep is coming along nicely. Any reason why you got a mammogram and ultrasound? I've never thought about getting A mammogram? Actually when are you supposed to get one? We hope to see you more often around the thread!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Carrie77 Hope it's a sticky one and everything goes smoothly! Is it your first?
    And and for you MrsLA, so exciting!!

Nomie, Christmas kept me busy!!! Family to stay, concerts/end of year suff at kindy and my daughters child care and just catching up with everyone and anyone before holidays! Getting your excercise in easily too - I kinda wish I had a dog so it would make me walk more (it's free!!) but I do get out a bit with the pram, just isn't enough anymore. Had my first aqua class in ages last saturday and it was just hilarious. Thought I'd show all the grannies up but wasn't as easy to do and ended up laughing hysterically with my friend! And the grannies laughed at us...

Disney, I got a mammogram and ultrasound because my mum and paternal Aunt have both had breast cancer so I wanted to get properly checked out before we try for another. Plus, because I still have a bit of colostrum-y stuff (even though I stopped breastfeeding in May) my GP thought it best to get a thorough exam. It's not something you need to worry about unless it's in your family really or if you find a lump. Usually getting your GP to cop a feel will do! I get it done when I have a pap-smear.

What are all your plans for new years? We've got my mum babysitting so have a few options, we just have to decide on one!

It's good to be back I can go baby crazy again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yes. The Christmas period is cuh-razy! Today is the first day in ages I feel like I've had nothing on, other than work.
    I had to LOL at the image of the grannies show you up. It's amazing how many fit grannies are out there making it look easy! My DF's nan is in her late 70's maybe and looks like she is in her 50's. She was still running marathons up until recently.

New years plans for me include a BBQ and some drinks at a friends place with all our other mates. It's weird to think for some of us, this might be our last new years before becoming a mum.

Does anyone have a Need vs Want list of items needed for a new baby. I love budgeting and would like to start to get an idea of the essential items. (Gives me an excuse to start looking for bargains now as well).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Ok this will probs be a longer one as I reply to you all.

MrsLa- you sound like you were a very busy girl on xmas. Lucky you for getting paid mat leave and ppl. My centre is only a small one so no such luck of paid mat leave here. You made me chuckle with the singing to your swimmers. If u get a bfp, I might need to try it haha.

Nomie - such a shame that you were sick on Xmas day. At least boxing day made up for it. I'm not a crowd person so no shops for me. I wanna sees wreck it Ralph. Kids movies always appeal to me. Sounds like you did well for your Xmas presents anyway. I myself am contemplating canceling my gym membership. I'm not motivated to go and Dp is having health problems which he is unable to exercise so needless to say even more less motivated without him.

Lra- congrats on being an auntie. Dw it will be your turn soon.

Hailzy- hope your cycles sort themselves out soon.

Shadow- oh I hope for you that positive stays that way.

Disney- I think I will be like you. Opk until positive then become a jack rabbit lol. I totally agree these last few months have flown by but at the same time feel like its taken forever. Only a handful of days left until i say goodbye to the condoms. I don't go back to work until the 11th of jan so nice break for me. Oh I love Disney particularly Mickey mouse. Always have. My favourite present I got this year is from Dp and it's a Mickey mouse figure dressed as jack skellington from nightmare before Christmas. My two favourites! I'll put up a picture later. Your haul sound great too.

Jessyj- I love Jamie Oliver. I love the fact he doesn't expect people to cook all these advanced things. I have to get myself a food processor. Ill get that with my gift cards. I got several cook books (secretly thinking my family wants me to cook more lol). Glad to hear your tests came back all clean. I've been on elevit for a while now and Dp on menevit. Is anyone else's partner doing this?

Afm my af should come on new years eve according to when I o'd and pink pad app. Once she has been our condoms are gone and We can make a baby! We have been getting a few people ask us when we are going to have kids lately so it will be nice to be able to tell them when we get a bfp although they dunno we will be trying. I'm slowly thinking of things to do in a nursery and developing an idea of what we need. In saying that I tided up the other day and wow I have a lot for this baby that doesn't exist yet. I didn't realize I had bought so much! Mostly clothing but still, wow!

It's not long now ladies. Only a few days and it's 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya all =) So hubby has a new laptop which will make replying on here so much easier!!Disney that is brilliant your cycles are behaving themselves. Would make planning a lot more simple for you too. So does a positive OPK mean you are about to O? Or HAVE o'd? Guessing it means about to based on your plan on going it it like rabbits after a positive lol. SO excited for you. Nomie shame you didn't get more of a break but if it means more money then I totally understand. I'm taking an extra week off, so will be back on the 8th. I SO needed the break, was tired and moody and work was draining me. Jessy that's great about the gym, AND the O'ing when you're supposed too =)The exercise should help come TC & laboring too which is good Lil nightmare - Your TTC time is soon too - super exciting. Sounds like I need to get this pink pad app. What do you tell people who ask when you will have a bubs? I get this ALL The time too! Sorry if I've missed people = can't see all the posts! AFM - Nothing really news since yesterday lol. Just loving my time off. Did a STACK of cleaning today which was great, now I have the rest of my time off for me. I've been thinking, if I get my BFP this month, I might freak out lol. Funny I want something for ages, then it seems close and gets scary? Am thinking if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I might try to have an idea when I O (if I can work it out). I'm happy to get my BFP now, but financially, and I think also health reasons I could wait, so wouldn't hugely matter to me if it happened in a year instead. That being said, I think if I wasn't preg in 12 months of ntnp, I'd be worried. I had a question too, what do you all think of vitamins? Is elevit necessary, or just folate? Elevit seems pretty pricey, but if it helps then that's all good. Whats on for everyones NYE?? I have no idea, part of me wants to do nothing (i'm thinking if I am preg, I don't want to drink) or go all out lol, decisions decisions!