+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Merry Christmas everyone ! Hope you all had wonderful days with family and friends and its less than a week to go until 2013 girls!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had gastro yesterday. Didn't make for the best Christmas but DF and I hit the movies today. We saw both The Hobbit and Les Miserables. We tried our hand at boxing day shopping too. I've never braved the shops on boxing day before but the sales didn't seem as much as I had thought they would be? I ended up with a pair of denim shorts and 3/4 cargo pants. It was waaay to crowded so I said I'd go back another day to find some summery tops.
    Did any of you hit the shops today?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Merry Christmas everyone!
    I hope u all had an awesome time!
    Some news we has on Xmas day. My sil is 8.5 weeks pregnant. So happy for her as they have been trying for ages but really makes me want one sooner. I ask ed hubby today if we could not trying without actually trying but he wasnt keen Hopefully after we come home from France in April he.will be ready (that's my Christmas present, lucky girl )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Happy Boxing Day girls
    Lets get ahead of ourselves for a minute. Has any one here had antenatal care and laboured and delivered at Ipswich General Hospital? At this moment that's the maternity hospital I will end up at due to strict catchment area criteria being implemented by Mater and RBWH. I also have the opportunity of ending up at Redlands Hospital on the south side as that's DPs location. Anyone know about there?
    We will be moving whilst pregnant (if pregnant this year) but I don't know where we'll go. Could end up in the Mater zone which I would be happy about.
    Also, does one spontaneous premature labour make you high risk? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    Happy Christmas & NYE!!!!
    ive been stalking this thread but not replying heaps, everyone sounds so happy & organised, love it.
    So as I'm off implanon we are now not trying but not preventing.
    as I recently got implanon out so who knows what my cycles doing anyway. Plus I need to lose weight so that could mess it up too.
    Plus since being off BC I have a way higher sex drive love it!
    Mare I've no idea about your questions sorry love, hopefully someone will!
    At least my hosp decision is easy, if we got our BFP before a loan was paid public, if after then private lol.
    Itd be better to get preg in late 2013 or early 2014 but we can afford it now so ntnp is okay too
    ill def try reply more now as well, I like hearing what everyone is up too

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY I finally made it back to do a proper post!!!
    we have been entertaining at our house pretty much full time since Sunday afternoon (4 whole days!) and it has been exhausting!
    Sunday we had 14 friends for an afternoon/evening BBQ, where a few people stayed the night, Monday night bro in law and his gf stayed, and were here chrissy morning, then DH family for chrissy lunch, my fam for dinner and again some people stayed along with my very spunky 2yo nephew and they did not leave till 4pm today!!! on top of this DH is in the cfa and there was a massive fire last night at 9pm so he was out fighting that until 12.30 so i was left entertaining 12 of my family on my own :/
    EXHAUSTED!!!!
    sitting down with a glass of bubbly catching up no

Shadow, did your besties present come in time? how many dpo are you now? Did I see that you have had a very faint bfp?
    When are you going away? where are you off too?

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    Oh your having Chrissy day at your house that's awesome! Are you cooking too? I've been helping my mum more and more per the years trying to learn how she manages to put on such an epic meal for so many people with such military precision. What's on your menu?
    Fingers crossed for bfp to y'all ! Especially you Mrs LA for your September baby girl and you too shadow! Hope Santa brings positive results
    Disney, for lunch we had the full roast dinner with all the trimmings (roast pork, chicken, ham with roast veg and cheesy cauli and broc along with Mediterranean veg (cherry tom, eggplant, zucchini, mushroom and garlic baked with a drizzle of olive oil)) then pav, choc ripple and fruit salad for dessert
    then dinner was prawns, crayfish, Morten bay bugs, with potato, pasta and garden salad, and some chicken wings and snags on the bbq with pav, trifle and fruit salad!
    I felt pretty chuffed when I pulled all that off!

thats great news about your af being right on time! fx it stays that way.
    you made my heart melt saying "me september baby girl" made me get really excited. I am 5dpo now so just waiting and hoping.
    I sang to the little swimmers a few times this month to help them along. so if I do get utd Ill say its the singing that helped

Carrie, that is so exciting about your BFP and your confirmed due date. so happy for you!

marepoppin, YAY for ttc sooner than expected! when do you think that you will start? I think start asap, then if no luck in the first few months reassess so that it all fits well with your prac's
    in regards to marriage, I actually think that it is all a little overrated, (not being married, just the actual wedding) and you don't need all the big shebang and a little courtroom wedding has exactly the same meaning as a great big hoo ha!
    all in all you need to do what is right for you and your family, and if waiting is the key or starting now, then as long as it is right for your family, then it is the right decision

Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Mrsla- Best of luck for your September girl! Hope Santa is nice to you.
    ATM- af Is due on New years eve. When she has arrived then I'm officially starting yay! Dp keeps telling me not to get to excited in case it takes time. I understand what he means as he doesn't want to see me disappointed but I think you have to be positive! I'm aware it may take time especially with the potential issues we could face but I just don't want to think like that. I wanna try and not worry or put myself in a position where I don't think we will fall pregnant. Positive thoughts regardless of what comes at us!
    thanks Lil, yay for ttc in 7 - 12 days!!!! you definitely can't help getting excited either way, even just trying is exciting!

gender swaying! wow, I also didn't know you could do all those things. Ill definitely just be seeing what comes our way, I don't really have a preference, but I do keep envisioning us with a baby girl for some reason. Im not sure if it is hope or some sort of premonition!

financial dread, as I have said before, I only want to take 6-8 months off work. and I get paid mat leave (14 weeks) then ppl so in total that is nearly 8 months paid anyway (given, ppl is much lower than my wage but with savings we will be fine) if need be we may even put mortgage payments on hold for a bit of the ppl time just to make life easy. we are way ahead in our payments anyway.
    Nomie, Gastro on Christmas day, YUK you poor poor thing I hope your feeling better now. sitting through 2 movies, and shopping i assume you are?

how was everyone Christmas? what did you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hailzy View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Happy Christmas & NYE!!!!
    ive been stalking this thread but not replying heaps, everyone sounds so happy & organised, love it.
    So as I'm off implanon we are now not trying but not preventing.
    as I recently got implanon out so who knows what my cycles doing anyway. Plus I need to lose weight so that could mess it up too.
    Plus since being off BC I have a way higher sex drive love it!
    Mare I've no idea about your questions sorry love, hopefully someone will!
    At least my hosp decision is easy, if we got our BFP before a loan was paid public, if after then private lol.
    Itd be better to get preg in late 2013 or early 2014 but we can afford it now so ntnp is okay too
    ill def try reply more now as well, I like hearing what everyone is up too
    hailzy, I was typing while you posted so missed you in my epic post!!
    YAY for ntnp, fx for you in the coming months.
    How long does it take for your body to sort itself out after implanon?
    Im also going to try and respond a lot more. DH was given an ipad by his bosses for a Christmas present, so now i don't have to fight with my little phone keypad to reply and don't have to worry about turning the pc on, so hopefully will make it easier to reply more often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Mrsla we are away atm, didn't realise my phone had some free internet! I did get a very faint pos today mid morning but after my chem last month I'm not excited just yet, not until I see "pregnant" on a digital test lol holding off till saturday now as we will be home.

We had a great christmas. Ds got spoilt!! We had roast chicken turkey and pork with cold ham, roast potato and pumpkin, steamed cali, carrots and peas with gravy and white sauce. Desert was pave caramel tarts, and pudding...we also had xmas cake, cream and custard that didn't get used. Dinner was the build meats and salad, left over deserts.

I has the scariest dream last night...I woke up in tears! Not something I want to relive!
    Hope everyone is well and had a merry christmas...the count down is on till 2013!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA, much better yesterday! Was still a bit queasy in the morning but was all good by the time "The Hobbit" finished. It went for 3 hrs! :O

ShadowAngel, fingers crossed for a BFP.
    I've had one dream like that where my sister died. I was crying in the dream and woke up with tears. I also have dreams where I have kicked a footy and I've kicked my leg into the wall in real life.
    Last night I had a wedding nightmare. I forgot the bridesmaid dresses, the band played the wrong song, photographer and hair dresser didn't turn up, and I was 3 hrs late to my own wedding. :O I was glad to wake up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone!

MrsLA- what an epic 4 days! Oh my gosh I was exhausted just reading the post. You should be so proud to take that on and entertain all those people! Oh your Christmas food sounds sooo good! 5 dpo, i hope the rest of the wait goes quickly and because you sung to the swimmers it's increased your chances ten fold.

Nomie - gastro oh my gosh, I couldn't think of anything worse on Christmas Day! But you were out and about on Boxing Day so it sounds like your feeling better. Which movie did you like more? I wanna see Les Mis, not sure about the hobbit. I also really wanna see Wreck it Ralph and Life of Pi! I didn't take on the boxing day sales, I was sooo tired on Boxing Day. I kept napping which I never do, it was strange. Did you pick up many bargains?

Mare - sorry cant help with your questions but I think if your moving I wouldn't sass out too much. Perhaps call the hospitals and ask them direct about your options. I can't believe you have so many to choose from. I'm not as lucky!

LRA - that's such exciting news about your sil! April will be here before you know it, I mean look how fast 2012 went and you have a trip to France to focus on and enjoy so it will go even quicker! Tell us about your trip! Where in France are you going.. So jealous! Have you finished all your holiday planning yet?

Hailzy - oh that's so exciting about npnt! And how fantastic (sex drive) is it being off bc. I'm scared to say it out loud incase I jinx myself but its really not bad at all being off bc. Ok so it's only been 2 cycles but my cycles are behaving and it's like they have access to my pink pad app and they know exactly what to do when. I find my app is telling the future and my cycles are obeying! I just hope it continues. I'm shocked how short my af is as well! I swear its longer and worse on bc! I love your public vs private reasoning! It made me lol! It's very logical and practical I like that!!

shadow - you tested!!i know you were umming and arghing about that whether you would do it or not! Ohh faint line I hope it gets darker and darker and sticks for you this time! I really wanna update the roll call to a bfp for you!!
    Scary dreams suck! They seem so real, thats the worst part about them!! I haven't had one in a long time but its so distressing when you do. I hope you can shake the bad thoughts soon !

Afm - had a brilliant Christmas although it was soo stormy and cold and wet (but I love storms so that was fun for me - so much thunder and lightening) we ate so much, I'm still full 2 days later, I don't wanna think about food! Boxing Day I spent literally in bed watching Mad Men and snoozing, it was so good. I was so tired and I'm not sure why? Christmas Day was big but still?!?

Af has left the building so it will be interesting watching out for o signs again. I wonder if it will be on day 16 like last time? I will be OPk-ing again and then if its on day 16 again ill know this is how it is for me and then putting the OPk away and just doing what comes naturally as per the doctors orders. Ha who am I kidding! I'll continue to pee on the OPk and then baby dance like crazy once I get a positive! I want a baby damn it! Next cycle I start trying, so for me it's 26 days until we ditch the condoms and get busy! Gosh I can't believe it's come around so quick!

When does everyone go back to work?