+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies

I agree that December/ January babies are too close to Christmas. My first was born on New Years Eve!!! My mum said can't you try to hold on to have the first new years baby? Not likely thank you very much (he was born at 1:37am, so would have meant nearly another 24 hours in labour). Although it's difficult now, he should have some awesome birthdays as an adult

Good luck to all the ladies who are ttc and about to start

I think we probably all know someone who has been ttc with no luck or there have been issues. How does everyone feel about telling them their happy news when they get their bfp? Sometimes you don't even realise that a friend has been trying with no luck. This is what my DP found when he told his brother. His brother and his gf have been trying (not sure for how long though). I also have another friend who has been trying for some time with no luck and although we have spoken, and I'm sure she will be happy for me, I still don't know how she will take it.

So I received confirmation from the blood test at the doc on Tuesday. More blood tests. I ended up haveing 6 or 7 vials of blood taken and urine test. I did ask the doc to do some extra tests for iron, B12 (I know these have been low or just over the borderline before) and whooping cough immunity. Apparently the test for whooping cough immunity is not really a standard one, so check your sheet to see if it has 'pertussis', if not and you want to know, ask to doc to add it. Apart from that, I have been feeling sooo tired this week and really spacey/ light headed. At least I haven't been feeling nauseaus/ sick as well.

My EDD is August 24, 2013. A bit earlier than what I was planning but still fantastic. I am now going to have to rethink my study plan for semester 2 next year. Bub is due early in the semester. Was planning to be due in Oct/Nov which would have been just before/after the end of semester. Oh well, what can you do?

Well, i think that is well and truly enough from me. Have e very merry Christmas and a fantastic new year!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Carrie,

Thats so exciting you have a EDD and its all absolutely confirmed! Just think this time next you you'll have 2 bubs to celebrate Christmas with.

Oh so excited for you. As for telling people who have had difficulties, i think its one of those things that you cant help, you've gotta tell them and they have to deal with it. I wouldnt go on and on and on about your pregnancy and i certainly wouldnt tell them how easy it was or how unplanned it was (not saying it was either of those things for you just examples) or how great its all been. Perhaps keeping it a little low key to make it easier on those who might not be emotionally in a place to hear your good news. I think if you also expect a lesser reaction from those people you wont be so hurt when they arent running around screaming with excitement with you.

Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and the MS stays away over the holiday season so you can enjoy it fully!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Congrats to everyone with BFPs already and babydust to everyone starting soon!

Ok so last night my DP turns to me and says 'I think we should start ttc soon'
    Well. You coulda knocked me off my chair.
    He meant soon as in THIS month...
    I insisted we actually talk about it for a while lol
    So the positives to conceiving in the next few months are: well we are broke anyway, so we should have a baby while we are used to being broke so that when I graduate in 2 yrs time I can go straight into the workforce and not have maternity leave taking away my earning capacity. Also, if we have the baby in 2013, then it can go into care during my 6 week prac blocks that I have in both semesters in 2014. So timing wise in relation to uni, now's the right time. I said that we would only be allowed to ttc in jan, feb and march, and if we didn't fall, then we have to wait another 12 months because I want to have the baby at the end of semester 2 so I can have the Xmas break and not have any time off study. This isn't my first rodeo; I don't need time off
    Negatives? I'm absolutely freaking petrified of what will happen if we do fall pregnant. We're not married and we wanted to do that first. We could still have a courthouse marriage soon and a proper ceremony and reception after the baby's born... But that's scary. And I'm afraid of how my son will take the news and of him not being my #1 anymore...
    And I wanted to wait til 2014 to move in together so that I don't lose my CL that I live off and my cheap childcare and all other benefits while I'm studying...
    I'm just scared now I think
    Anyway I said I wanted to prepare myself so ill get some pregnancy vitamins and research gender swaying a bit more and we are current planning our first attempt for late Jan...

Thanks
    Reviews

Disney yay about af arriving. It really is the one time you want to see her. Period pain has built up for me however only lasts the first day. Last month was the worse. Hoping when she comes this month she is more gentle lol oh we are all so close! Baby dust all around. Xmas feast for us is traditional aswell. Turkey, ham and pork plenty of roast veg and Yorkshire puddings. Then chocolate log and triffle for desserts. Lets hope Santa is good to us all.

Mrsla- Best of luck for your September girl! Hope Santa is nice to you.

Carrie- congratulations again. It's been confirmed now. Very exciting times ahead for you. As for telling people who have been trying, sometimes you don't know they have been trying but if you do I think you have honest with them and break it gently then that's okay. Better from you then others.

Mare- that's a lot of thoughts.you need to do what feels right for you. What gender are you trying to sway for? I've looked into it myself but I'm not sure I'm convinced it works. Are any of you other ladies thinking of trying to sway?

ATM- af Is due on New years eve. When she has arrived then I'm officially starting yay! Dp keeps telling me not to get to excited incase it takes time. I understand what he means as he doesn't want to see me disappointed but I think you have to be positive! I'm aware it may take time especially with the potential issues we could face but I just don't want to think like that. I wanna try and not worry or put myself in a position where I don't think we will fall pregnant. Positive thoughts regardless of what comes at us!
    Last edited by LilNightmare; 22-12-2012 at 20:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gender swaying - hmm I personally think its like trying to sway a coin toss. I really want my first to be a girl but I wouldn't try anything in particular to get it. Just focus on making the baby first.. Oh who finds out the sex of babies or do you still keep it as life's last mystery? Me, I want a surprise, it's what's going to get me through birth and labour. I find I do challenging things better and find this amazing inner strength to keep going if there is a surprise gift at the end of it. I blame my parents for that! For everything there was a surprise waiting for me at the end. Stopped biting my nails as a small child for a barbie dream house, was always excited to hear 'if you do this there will be a surprise at the end etc... I really find it hard to nail down if there isn't a surprise at the end lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    Mare- that's a lot of thoughts.you need to do what feels right for you. What gender are you trying to sway for? I've looked into it myself but I'm not sure I'm convinced it works. Are any of you other ladies thinking of trying to sway?
    I think I might give it a go, but I'm like disney I don't think there alot of hope for it! I really want DS to have a brother, I know he would adore as sister too, but I have always seen myself as a mum of boys. Also if we have another boy, I have an arguement to try for number three, whereas if we have a girl I am certain DH will say no more.

Lilnightmare if you sway which way will you go?

Thanks
    Reviews

Trio- I'm with you not sure if there is any evidence of the swaying techniques working. If i was to sway I'd go for a boy. Like yourself I vision myself with boys. My ideal would be have 2 boys one girl. I'm afraid if I don't have a boy, dp surname is dead.

Disney- I would love the surprise too. I think it's more fun not knowing however dp has other plans. I know the local hospital won't tell you gender unless both agree but I know dp is very stubborn and will want his way. I told him if we find out then its our secret, NO ONE ELSE IS TO KNOW! That way it can be a surprise for everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews

Between us, my partner and I already have 2 boys, so we would like to see if we can naturally tip the odds to conceive a girl child. We can't really afford to have more kids after the next one, and I would love a little girl. Having said that, it's a bit of pre-conception fun and as long as you will be happy with a healthy baby of either gender, there's no harm in swaying.
    It doesn't work for everyone, but that doesn't mean it's pointless to try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh if i didnt have such a perfectionist personality i would sway. I know if I was to commit to swaying and didn't get the girl I'm already stupidly obsessed to have ill be beyond upset. Which is why I've gotta leave that well alone and just see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would love to have a boy first- like a few of you have said I see myself with boys rather than girls. But I don't think I'll have the conviction to sway for one - I'll just want to get utd as soon as possible rather than being patient with timing bd and all that. 50/50 anyway I guess! Those of you who are planning to sway, what will you be doing?