+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Thanks for the advice girls. Still a little torn though. In one mind I'm like yes ill get it and store it out of sight out of mind incase I can't get the one I want when utd and then I'm like that's just asking for there to be issues falling.

In saying that I'm not very superstitious so I dunno.

On another note, had dp's bestie over last nite and dp handed him a stash of condoms and said I don't need these any more.... U wannabe godfather/ an uncle soon?
    Yay! He only kept 4 rubbers... I can work through them no problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hailzy - are you waiting for your first real af (as if you have the imp. removed and you've had an af a few days after the hormones stop circulating your body and now its on to the real af) after coming off bc? It's a frustrating time trying to sort your body out and how it works it's settles quickly. I'm like you and love a good timeframe to work to LOL.

Nomie - that's so cool your df is excited about ttc. I have to say when you have things that your really want to achieve saving for it is sooo much easier. Personally I finding myself wanting less because I'm so focused on saving. I'm really bad with my money if I don't have a savings goal I'm passionate about. I was like a mad women when it came to saving for my wedding/honeymoon and then when we came back I fell off the bandwagon and was spending money on stupid things I didn't need and as soon as dh said we are off to America again bam I found my savings mojo again! Your wedding and house will be all done before you know it! Such an exciting time for you!!

Mare - my husband got a little like that at one stage and when I finally got it out of him he was sh!t scared about the whole thing and having me talk about having a baby non stop made him feel anxious because he was scared. Once I sat down and explained I was just as scared (granted for a different reason to him) we had a mutual understanding of how we both felt and I calmed down on the baby talk. Channel it all here, that's what we are here for and love talking about. From what you wrote, talking about moving in and finances and then having him tell you to calm the baby talk down, it sounds like he is also scared of what this new baby will do to you both. Everything you have spoken about are massive huge steps and to compact it all into a small time frame could be a lot for him to deal with. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you but you might just need to slow it down a little for him. I wouldn't change your time frames but just be gentle and ease into it. Eventually he will come around my dh did. As Nomie said my dh, like her dh, said he will be happy to talk babies once we have one on board but at the moment just talk about something else.

Shadow - that is weird!!how can you get conflicting results? Have you used a clear blue digi test? Aren't they supposed to be the most accurate and it's fool proof as in you don't need to read lines it says yes or no?!? Mind you if af is due Monday and you are pregnant it should totally be coming up with positive results a day before af is due... Wait what day is it today? Saturday, ok 2 days before af is due.. Hmm I would try and wait until Tuesday and get a digital test and see what that says. I really hope it's positive. Keep us posted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Iwill disney. I have one clear blue digital i will use tuesday if no af

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Don’t think that I could/will use a baby carrier. I have a slightly dodgy back and carrying anything for long periods of time does not work so well for me
    I think that I want a pram attachment bassinet and a normal bassinet for the bedroom. If I have a winter baby, I might consider the capsule over the pram bassinet, so that when it’s raining I can get bub all snug in the bassinet inside then just quickly get them to the car without getting too wet or cold.
    Those lists are great, thanks shadow and Disney.

Nomie, how exciting would it be if you did get preg with just a few late pills!! Then you would miss all this horrid ttc!

When others are asking us when we are having babies, (or in some cases with close friends and family demanding that we do now (in a joking way of course)) I just keep saying when I can convince DH that it is a good idea. Everyone knows my desire to have babies! 2 of my really close girlfriends and my sister now know that we are ttc. (I'm not so good at secrets) but they know not to bug me and ask me all the time how we are going. That would drive me nuts!

I personally find it a bit strange purchasing any big ticket items until bub is well on their way. I’m not too superstitious, but I would not want extra stuff hanging around the house if we didn’t need it, and I definitely would not want to see it all the time if we had trouble conceiving.
    Each to their own though and I don’t necessarily think that you shouldn’t do it. I just would not do it myself.
    I also don’t think that I will buy any little things until I get a bfp. I look and decide what I want all the time. But don’t think I will bite the bullet and actually buy something.

Hailzy, fingers crossed af shows soon and your cycles sort themselves out. I really like timeframes too and the not knowing is what kills me.

Mare, rant away! My DH went through that same stage and said all I could talk about was my poas results (opk and hpt) and making a baby. as the others have said, feel free to talk to us all you like
    as for not affording a ring, tell your DH to go to Michael Hill, 5 years no deposit interest free

Shadow, fingers crossed something really great comes from all your confusing test results. I was going to test with a frer this morning but used an ic instead as I was scared away with all the crazy frer test results lately. I didn't want to have any of that uncertainty.

lil, how exciting about having only 4 condoms left! 2013 is only 3 days away!!! your af is due very early Jan, am I right????

I should be saving more atm, but it’s so hard when there are so many things that I really want that are on sale (don’t need, just want! like a $100 camping chair! BUT it was half price! on sale from $195!!! AND it reclines and has an awesome foot rest!)and in the next breath, today I am going shopping to Chadstone! Ill try and be good

afm, I tested today at 8dpo, (4 days before af due) and bfn
    I actually had a good feeling about this month, How wrong was I?
    Oh well, at least I don’t feel so bad about having a few drinks over Christmas.
    onto cycle 4 for us!
    P.S I know I am still in with a chance being 8dpo, but all my good feelings have evaporated, and I am convinced af is on her way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Carrie77: Congrats on your bfp! Keep us updated

MrsLA: Yay tww! Fingers crossed for you! What date will you be testing?

Nomie: sorry to hear you were sick on Christmas! I went to the movies on Boxing Day too. I saw Les Mis as well but loved it! The Hobbit is next on my list

Marepoppin: It's just a guy thing not liking a lot of baby talk, my dp was the same and sounds like others were too. For my dp it was a mixture of being scared and just annoyed cos he didn't want to talk about it as much as me. It was one of the reasons I joined Bubhub and this thread.

Shadow: Fingers crossed for you! Sounds like the new could be very exciting, too bad about the test confusion at the moment. Let us know how the digi test goes on Tues.

JessyJ: I def agree with you about waiting to see what is given before buying too much baby stuff... No one know we're about to ttc but we were given baby clothes for Christmas by a relative plus mil has told us she has bought a bug ticket item already, our families are nuts haha! I was leaning towards no for the change table as I wasn't sure if we'd have room, but now that you mention to go for one with drawers maybe we should do it, we're desperate for storage space at our place!

LilNightmare: go for it if you're not superstitious! I'm not either but don't have spare cash a the moment and also want to wait and see what we're given. As mentioned above family members have already started buying for us without even knowing we're ttc haha! Our bub will be first grandchild on both sides so I'm expecting both families to go a bit nuts with pressies

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    When people ask when we will have a baby ... I tell people I'm not sure and we'll see what happens. It's a big deal and its not something we will rush into when it happens it happens and it generally keeps them happy.

That's a great answer Disney! I'm going to concentrate really hard on telling people this... Now that we are ntnp and will be properly ttc in a couple months, I'm finding it so hard not to tell people! And obviously since we got baby clothes for Christmas and dp's mum has already started buying stuff, I don't need any extra pressure from the family!

Hailzy: no plans for NYE here either. DP is working and I just really can't be bothered doing anything. We have a party on New Year's Day so I'm thinking that'll be enough

Afm: AF was due yesterday and hasn't shown up! It's only my second month off bc so most likely my cycle is just out of whack. I haven't tested yet, I really think it's just my cycle. I might test on Monday if af doesn't show up over the weekend.

Dp and I were talking about finding out the sex the other day. If it was just my choice I would find out but dp wants a surprise so we prob won't find out. What's everyone else thinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA: I missed your new post while I was posting my last one... Sorry to hear you got a bfn, but it's still early to test so you never know! Fingers crossed for you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tashee For This Useful Post:

MrsLA  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh, I loved having a suprise! It kept me going, a little something to look forward to as you're putting in all that hard work. And we had fun thinking of ridiculous names for both a boy and girl! When DD was born the umbillical cord was hanging right between her legs so we couldn't see what she was, I just remember that it took what seemed like and eternity before my midwife moved the cord over to the side to reveal little lady bits! Next time I will definately have a suprise again. It took a few days for it to sink in that I had a daughter

I think it's totally up to you though. I've had friends that have NEEDED to FIND OUT!!! And others who have waited. My best friend is about to have her third suprise, its a girl this time!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Sorry to be clogging up the thread but I need to whinge again
    According to my cycle tracker I'm probably ovulating today so everything I'm feeling is a result of hormones but I'm just so cross! And clingy and needy and whingy and irrational and bored and boring and over it and wanting attention and feeling unloved and like certain ppl are cross with me and that they are distancing themselves and in fact I know it's probably got absolutely nothing to do with me because the universe does not revolve around me.
    Whine whine whine. Wish I had something productive to do other than sit on my *** on my phone or iPad. Actually there's a bunch of cleaning I could do, but you know what, I just don't want to. I dropped a vacuum cleaner on my foot two days ago and it still hurts.
    No need to acknowledge this girls, I just needed somewhere to write 'grumpy as f c k today!!' without consequences lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessy - I'm with you on the keep it a surprise!!

Mare - everyone has days like this so don't feel bad for being a little off and not wanting to do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013 is so far away! #2

Mare I'm feeling you. Our regular 7hr without kids trip took 11 hours yesterday, with a tantrum complete with vomit half way home.....we Had a crap welcome home last night with comments about the state of the house from sil an hour after we had unloaded the car, while I was bathing ds ready for bed (this from someone who leaves dishes for 2 weeks, clothes wet and washed in the machine for so long they stink her unit out, you get the idea)...who has had folding siting here for a week (3 baskets I washed before we went away) she drank all my diet coke, didn't have the animals fed at 8pm... List goes on and on...

I Gave myself an egg on the head with our freezer door today.... And as if that want bad enough, that cow af turned up!! Now df hasn't eaten dinner and was going to his mates for half an hour.......3 hours ago!

Cd1, im in pain and grumpy! I hate the first couple days of af now I'm off bc
    So moody I just want to curl in a ball until she has gone
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 29-12-2012 at 21:01.