+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013 is so far away! #2

Quote Originally Posted by hailzy View Post
    Disney so excited for you with your TTC checkup! They are some great tips, especially around when to TTC. So exciting. Can't wait for you to get your BFP!!Lil nightmare yay for pos OPK! Good start!So I have news kind of I got my Implanon out last week - recently my period came back & was super long & irregular, my skin wasn't great & wasn't impressed with my sex drive!Implanon doesn't help so got it out & decided no more BC. Possibly condoms but I'm not a big fan.We are now thinking of Not Trying & Not Preventing.I'm taking some medication which can cause bubs to have withdrawals so was thinking Id need advice regarding that.Is there such thing as a pre pre TTC checkup? LolI want to know if Id need to get off my medication first, & how much weight to lose. This could take time so Id rather know NOW with time to work on it than later when I actually want to actively TTC & need to then delay it?What do u guys think?I'm leaning towards dr appt soon to get advice & work on it for a few months then TTC or NTNP??How is everyone???Christmas soon too yay!!
    Thats what we did at the doc yesterday, a pre ttc check up so yep there is such a thing and I strongly recommend it!

Dh had blood tests to check his immunity to chicken pox because he's never had it and the doc was concerned with that she also checked his vitamin d levels, blood pressure, weight etc. She said there is a free government whooping cough vacc that dh gets once bubs is born so we will wait for that in stead of paying for him to have that now. Once his blood tests come back he'll have to go back for his chicken pox vacc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013 is so far away!

Looks like lots of people are getting into all the things that need to be done before ttc. So exciting.
    I got my implanon out like I mentioned the other day, (which didn't go as planned and took 1 hrs 20 mins to get the damn thing out and ended up with major bruises and a bigger incision that needed to be stitched ) but unfortunately I think my husband was right and that wasn't what was making me feel off so still no answers which is frustrating but at least it is out now.
    I had all my blood tests for ttc which are all good and now I am just going to temp until I know my body is back on track before we start trying because I don't want to be tempting then and stress.
    Has anyone done any temping? I seem to be getting very low temps. Like today was 35.69 and yesterday was only 35.32 I thought maybe my thermometer was dodgy so I used our other one this morning to double check (which is only one decimal so not as accurate) and that also said 35.6. Normal or low?
    Is everyone prepared and excited for Christmas? I hope those who are trying get their ultimate Christmas present!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    Has anyone done any temping? I seem to be getting very low temps. Like today was 35.69 and yesterday was only 35.32 I thought maybe my thermometer was dodgy so I used our other one this morning to double check (which is only one decimal so not as accurate) and that also said 35.6. Normal or low?
    Is everyone prepared and excited for Christmas? I hope those who are trying get their ultimate Christmas present!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Hi LRA, nope i cant say that i have ever done temping...when ttc DD i started using opks after about 4 months of trying but not once got a positive after a few weeks of trying opks i gave up on them and didnt concentrate too much on ttc whilst i was organising my wedding, turns out that was the best thing to do because i got my bfp not quite 2 weeks after getting married

Im now officially all ready for christmas. I went and got my last lay-by off today, so glad i dont have to go and tackle the crowds any more. I have one more day of work and then im heading off on a holiday with the family for a couple of weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yay for being ready for xmas bearbug! We have 1 or 2 items to grab at the last min (im not travelling with them! LOL) and leave saturday

I havent ever temped LRA but i think as long as overall you start to see a pattern, its normal for you. FX for you. How high or low it is compared to other's wouldnt help too much i dont think...

Hope everyone is ready for the big day!! Cant believe this time next week it will all be over!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013 is so far away!

Christmas is all ready in my place. Yay. Can't wait to see what "Santa" brings. Hope Santa has you girls already ttcing on the nice list lol.

Can't say I've ever done temping. to much work for me to remember to do. when I wake up I need to pee so lol

Afm- I ovulated the other day yay but dp still wore a condom during the bd. he was "not this time next time" (could of slapped him across the room). We said December start but now won't be til January coz af should arrive on the 31st. Oh we'll after she has been I'm officially ttc! Eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LilNightmare if i was you i also would have slapped your dp! I bet your excited for January to come, i know i cant wait till dh and i can start ttc again in March. Each month i keep telling him how long there is left before we can try for our next bubba.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and "Santa" brings you all lots of awesome stuff and a lot of for us all as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNightmare View Post
    won't be til January coz af should arrive on the 31st. Oh we'll after she has been I'm officially ttc! Eeek!
    me too!!!! So excited!

Has anyone played the my hypothetical babies birthday game? I use my period tracker app to give me the LMP dates and plug them into the due date calculator! So I could possibly expect a Saturday 26 October baby, Saturday 23 November or Friday 14 Feb
    Last edited by Disney; 19-12-2012 at 15:51.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies, mind if I join in?
    I've been stalking this thread for a while and have finally worked up the courage to join in as it gets close to 2013

I'm 26, married three years and FINALLY hoping to start ttc in March/April. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about timing conception to avoid Christmas birth, or whether to just go with the flow as I probably won't get knocked up first month?!

Looking forward to chatting

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha Disney I've done that too. I think my last check was 9th of October due date then was or 8th November.... Haven't really gone much more then that. Maybe ill go in between and get a Halloween baby haha jks.

Bear bug- I was so close but in all fairness we said after Xmas. But I mean 7 days before hand isn't much.

Future- I am a little worried about a December baby but I think if you want a baby who cares when it comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by futuremama View Post
    Hi ladies, mind if I join in?
    I've been stalking this thread for a while and have finally worked up the courage to join in as it gets close to 2013

I'm 26, married three years and FINALLY hoping to start ttc in March/April. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are about timing conception to avoid Christmas birth, or whether to just go with the flow as I probably won't get knocked up first month?!

Looking forward to chatting
    Welcome!!

Ha ha you might have noticed my post above of hypothetical birthdays.. It stops in November and resumes in feb. I'm really against December and January birthdays.. One of my earlier posts in this thread, from back in July, I detailed my craziness by rating months for birthdays LOL. Dh and I both agree to not dtd in march and April. Obviously if I had a baby in those months it wouldn't be the end of the universe but I would prefer not to have them then.

Whether you should go with the flow or not depends how passionately you feel about December birthdays.