Closed Thread
Page 94 of 161 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Don't watch The Impossible without a box of tissues!! Sniff sniff!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Beta, if you ladies didn't tell us what is going on with your little ones we would be so upset!!

So if I'm not a mum by tues next week they are inducing me. Get a patisserie on tues night and we go from there. Waters to be broken on wed and hopefully a bubba all healthy. Any if you mums been induced? I'm really worried about the onslaught of pain from the contractions...
    I've been told that the pain of induction can be described as a punch versus a push for natural... So much more forceful & quick... Don't hesitate if they offer you an epidural straight up, it helps you relax & not tense up with contractions, which can help with the speed of things. Also just be aware that there is a higher risk it could turn into a c-section, but that's not the end of the world, either way you'll have you bub in your arms soon XX

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Beta, if you ladies didn't tell us what is going on with your little ones we would be so upset!!

So if I'm not a mum by tues next week they are inducing me. Get a patisserie on tues night and we go from there. Waters to be broken on wed and hopefully a bubba all healthy. Any if you mums been induced? I'm really worried about the onslaught of pain from the contractions...
    I never thought I'd say this.. I wanted to avoid induction at all costs because of possibility contractions can go one on top of the other without a break and I wanted to have a natural birth. I decided if I needed induction I'd go for epi which I didn't want as sometimes can effect baby being awake for bf after birth. Anyway, I wasn't induced but I found out Jaan was posterior so I asked for epi the moment I arrived at hospy (I lost confidence in going natural as posterior can be very painful). 5 mins later I had no pain and he was born 4 hours later in the most calm circumstances I could hope for. So I've gone from being pro calm birth and no intervention to pro epidural if the circumstances warrant it which induction may. The trick will be to get one ASAP and not allow your pain to get out of control and then ask for one as its often too late. My obs reported 50% of women opt for epi these days. I also weighed up my risk of feeling traumatized from labour and how that effects the baby. I don't know if its coincidence but Jaan is very calm! All a personal preference and learning curve, good luck. From my own experience the epi gave me a dream experience after 50 hours of very unpleasant pre labour.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Nala9000  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies! Wow so much can happen during a week, I just haven't been finding the time to get on here as much as I would like!
    Hugs and Congratulations Broom and Meshell, on the births of your precious daughter and son!

A couple of tips from me... Find a really comfortable nursing bra, my favourite is the Elle Macpherson Intimates - Maternelle bra, it is a little high under lower cut tops, but the lace edge just looks like it is a singlet though. But I guess any bra without padding or wires, and a little stretch would be just as comfy, but I do recommend this one.
    Also, I found having a 'reminder' helps as to which side I am up to feeding, you wouldn't think you would forget, but for some reason I do. I just have a wrist band or hair band on my wrist and change it over each feed.
    Daniel is surprisingly good for a new born, he hardly cries... but I guess I go to him at the first sound! You can't spoil a new born! He feeds every 2-3 hours in general, but most afternoons decides to have a cluster feed, where he will feed constantly from one side to the next over about and hour or two, he only drinks for about 10mins each side (and only 5 minutes of those are good sucking!), he then goes to sleep, I put him down, he wakes up normally within 10 mins, and then he drinks the other side, as I said this goes on for up to an hour or two, it is a bit exhausting, but I figure he is stimulating milk production and it is also a perfect time for cuddles and bonding.
    I do stress about not having enough milk, but he gets plenty of wet & dirty nappies and seems contented. My biggest issue with BF is latching on, just make sure their mouth is WIDE open, I feel sorry for him sometimes when he thinks he is starving, and just let him be 'greedy' and chomp on... bad move though, they have to learn to do it properly too. I wouldn't be able to successfully BF without Lansinoh, even though BF sites say the creams don't make a difference, it really does help me, may not be everyones cup of tea though. Sorry for the massive narrative!
    Take care beautiful ladies & precious bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Ok blocked ducts are NOT fun. And neither is going to the MCHN when your baby screams blue murder and nurse talks to you like you're an idiot. Think I'm going to have problems with health care providers where Jaan is concerned.on the plus side little man in bang on 50th percentile. You guys ok me posting stuff like this when some little people are still in tummies?
    We love sharing your journey so don't feel like you can't post anything here. We will all be new mums soon, and even though it feels like ages now, we will all be where you are very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

That's so exciting. I can understand you not wanting an Australia Day baby but just think of the awesome parties it can have when it's older, everyone always has the day off to celebrate. You might have a Matilda or a ??? Can't think of any Aussie boy names. How far are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews

Everyone has said to me - good timing, having a bub on 25 Jan, your child will have a day off after their birthday to recover... (hopefully won't ever need to 'recover' - but a sleep in after a good night out will be good)

Bring on tomorrow AM!

Thanks
    Reviews

It's good to hear things are well Della and Beta, labour is such a small part of life however it's one we never forget. I use to do the hairband thing too, it's very hard to remember especially in those wee hours of the morning. And I agree lansohlin is the best.

Thanks for all the support and comments about my dh going away with work. He had a meeting today and has been told they are going to fly him home on the 23rd of Feb so just can't go into labour that week. Anyone heard any tips for not going into labour???? ( know all the ones for bringing it on, just not preventing it).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Thanks for all the support and comments about my dh going away with work. He had a meeting today and has been told they are going to fly him home on the 23rd of Feb so just can't go into labour that week. Anyone heard any tips for not going into labour???? ( know all the ones for bringing it on, just not preventing it).
    Stand on you head!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Stand on you head!! Lol
    Ha ha ha love it. Will give anything a go.