Closed Thread
Page 87 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Attachment 30537
    He has stayed in my room with me the entire time though I did send him to nursery last so I could have a sleep he went there for two hours he is breast feeding perfectly so that is a relief his only complication has been his blood sugar drops occasionally so they are keeping an eye on that he is the most inquisitive lil human lifting his head n throwing it around to look at everyone. Broom how exciting you had lil verity she likes massive in comparison to mason my tiny scrawny lil monkey llol how was labour?
    He is so teeny meshell so cute and little. So glad to hear all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    meshelle - he is so beautiful! and tiny!

I didn't sleep at all last night - so worried
    argh!
    I am mainly worried about feeding. DS wasn't able to be fed for the first day, so we had a lot of issues. If Ella is earlier than he was, thats going to make it harder and I had a horrid time.
    apparently their sucking reflex only develops at 34 weeks. Lets pray she is a early developer!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cute Meshell! your hand there really shows how tiny and scrumptious he is!

Adden, a friend of mine had her bubba at 32 weeks and he latched straight onto the boob, and she didn't have any troubles. She did express alot at the beginning to get her milk in quicker while he was in the NICU. They comp fed a little, but more so after about 2 weeks when he had a growth spurt.

Thanks
    Reviews

So growth scan shows little miss is head down and weighing in at 2kg or 4pounds so still room to grow all other. Measurements are fine doesn't look like she will be early how ever another growth scan on the 19/2 36wks and then see if she's to big my GD is fine they are happy
    Just a question they mentioned expressing milk at 36 wks ?? I didn't do a breast feeding class not sure any tips or assistance will be good

Thanks
    Reviews

Glad your GD is fine mrs simmo. You can express from 36wks and you use a syringe to collect it in( not with the needle!!) you can buy them at chemists though make sure you get the caps. Is it to collect the colostrum?

I would suggest getting onto utube to see how, but will check out my paperwork as I am no good at actually explaining it. I tried too to a friend and she just laughed at me. Demos are better. I'm sure a mum on here will though...

Thanks
    Reviews

Small victory
    They are giving me another week. Blood flow is a bit better, but amniotic fluid is lower than last week.
    Repeat scan and ob appt on Tuesday next week.
    Been told to rest.. Ha! Yeah right!!
    Feeling ok, but Tuesday I'm still 34 weeks!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Glad your GD is fine mrs simmo. You can express from 36wks and you use a syringe to collect it in( not with the needle!!) you can buy them at chemists though make sure you get the caps. Is it to collect the colostrum?

I would suggest getting onto utube to see how, but will check out my paperwork as I am no good at actually explaining it. I tried too to a friend and she just laughed at me. Demos are better. I'm sure a mum on here will though...
    If I express at 36 wks how do I store the milk in the fridge or freezer or take it to the hospital ??

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Regarding expressing milk. Mason was going to sleep during feeds as he is soo tiny n it takes so much energy for the little fellas to breast feed. So I had a medicine cup yesterday n was using my hand to express colostrum into the cup then feeding mason with a syringe so he literally just had to swallow but we were topping his feed up with formula to keep his sugar levels under control. He has just learnt to suck and I tell you the feeling of uterus contracting when you breastfeed plus have a csect is not a lovely feeling quite hurts. But it's making my body go back to normal n providing my son with nutrients is definitely worth it
    The hospital told me all this today at my appointment to try expressing at 36 wks and store it but also gave me a number for a lactose doc so confused sorry how r u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. Hubby and I are having a mini meltdown and all of a sudden are hating all the names we had initially picked!

Does anyone have any suggestions as we are having a complete mind block on names and starting to panic!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty45 View Post
    Hey ladies. Hubby and I are having a mini meltdown and all of a sudden are hating all the names we had initially picked!

Does anyone have any suggestions as we are having a complete mind block on names and starting to panic!!!
    Have u got a baby naming book ?
    Do u know the sex.
    I love Lincoln for boy or copper
    Girl I love ruby or haylee
    There the names hubby didnt like good luck