Closed Thread
Page 78 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Motherwillbe, I hope it's just adjustment to life on the outside and it'll get better!!

My first DD didn't sleep more than 4 hours at a time for 18 months!! Drove me into my own personal hell I can tell you and contributed to a bout of PND.. I was previously someone who could sleep 20/24 hours a day... But we got over it and she sleeps well now. I am hoping for a better sleeper this time around - though I still haven't kicked the 4 hourly habit and often get up to do washing, uni, or work at times - 5 years later!

Broom, I know what you mean about the waiting, and getting told different things, these babies have a mind of their own! If it makes you feel any better I am 37+3 and my baby is not even nearly engaged! Lol I keep saying to my DH that she knows what is coming on Friday and is hell bent on clawing her way as far up my abdomen as possible to avoid being extracted!!

Meshell, I hope you are feeling better soon - its frustrating going through what we've all gone through to feel like your so close but so far at the same time!! I get sick of the conflicting advice too.

SL and Gampa, hoping you are traveling ok - Adden, I hope bubs is growing well enough to stay in there past Tuesday... If not, best of luck, I am sure your OB will be very cautious , and you'll be in good hands.

AmyEl - my DH is nesting too! Lol he has cleaned the shed, his car and motorbike and is doing the outside of the house - now to just convince him to do the inside too - I am feeling very lazy!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Hi everyone just popping in to say hi.

For those of you that have had your babies, how are u adjusting to the sleep and feed patterns at night? I must admit the broken sleep is a real killer for me. I had no idea it would be this bad. Id just love to be able to pull together 5 hours of sleep in a row at night.

If anyone has some tips on how their coping then I'd love to hear them.
    hi sweety,
    it's really hard isn't it. Everyone wants their babies out but I know once they are out your world changes forever and it's never the same again. I say enjoy the last few days on your own before the sleep deprivation starts.

some tips.
    1. Sleep when baby sleeps. Don't get caught in the trap of doing housework or washing etc when baby is asleep. You'll run yourself ragged.
    2. Get people around you to help with meals and washing if you can.
    3. Don't overdo it with trying to do everything you used to do before the baby. Life is different now. Adjust to new role slowly and as you are less tired start doing the things you used to do.
    4. Try to get out for a walk each day. The fresh air is invigorating. When that dreadful overwhelming tiredness is there get outside and get some sun. You'll feel so much better and feel you can cope for a few hours more.
    5. Make sure you have some mummy time to yourself. Get hubby to look after baby whilst you sleep or take a bubble bath. If necessary express a feed and let hubby give a feed in a bottle so you can get 5 hours ins row. My DH used to do the midnight feed. I'd go to bed from 9pm to 3 am and he'd get up and do the midnight feed with a bottle at midnight with expressed breast milk. If you start it early enough baby doesn't mind! Then I was up from 3 am, then 4 am feeds and then up at 530 am for the day. Ie no sleep from 3 am.

I am excited about the arrival of " coco" but I know it's going be so tough for the first 12 weeks, til the time between feeds stretches out.

Chin up. W are here for you to help and listen. I know what the sleep deprivation is like. My DD didn't sleep thru the night til she was 18 months!!!- and that nearly killed me!! But it does get better and the first few weeks are so hard esp if you are first time mum as its such a rude shock to the system.

Hugs and support.

Thanks
    Reviews

Can anyone tell me how much fluid came out when their water broke?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Gah!!!!!!! I hate this waiting game!!!!!!
    Lol had a check up today been having tightenings and contractions all week found out bub was 3/5 engaged on Wednesday and today she was2/5 engaged tired of nothing definate happening and feeling very emotional and highly strung......
    I hear ya sista!

At last appointment I hadn't changed from 1/5 engaged. Getting so frustrated playing this waiting game... over it.

Not to mention the phone calls from my parents every bloody day. I have expressed that they will not be told when we are going into labour, and explained that I find it stressful that they call every day, both of them! (they are divorced but living together at the moment... long story) so they both G each other up and want the information first... so annoying. anyway thats my vent... grr getting annoyed...

Hope your waters are breaking broom, jealous and wish things where moving here!

Jae, cute little one you have there!

Hope everyone else is travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post

AmyEl - my DH is nesting too! Lol he has cleaned the shed, his car and motorbike and is doing the outside of the house - now to just convince him to do the inside too - I am feeling very lazy!

X
    My DH is obsessed with sorting out inside! Too hot for outside work, plus he already sorted his shed on Thursday!! He is making me feel really, really lazy too!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by broomdyke View Post
    Can anyone tell me how much fluid came out when their water broke?
    I think it depends on whether is for fore or hind waters...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Hi everyone just popping in to say hi.

For those of you that have had your babies, how are u adjusting to the sleep and feed patterns at night? I must admit the broken sleep is a real killer for me. I had no idea it would be this bad. Id just love to be able to pull together 5 hours of sleep in a row at night.

If anyone has some tips on how their coping then I'd love to hear them.
    Jaan is two weeks old now and i'd have to say DH and I are blessed so far, we have had a rather peaceful two weeks, in fact DH doesn't want to go back to work we've had such a good time since we left hospital. I have been battling the tears with breastfeeding as it hasn't worked since Jaan became nipple confused when he needed formula for jaundice. I'm still p**ssed off about the hospital midwives who pushed a bottle when I was most vulnerable rather than letting us continue with syringe feeding. My biggest problem is expressing, I hate that is completely takes up so much time I could use for resting etc. Jaan is sleeping every 3-4 hours and is awake for two 3 hour stints per day but doesn't cry.. he's just started getting a bit fussy in the evening but settles as soon as he is popped in a hub a bub sling. We have also had no visitors for two weeks except my sister, this has helped hugely I think, plus we have only taken him out on essential car trips. We do take a stroll round the block every evening but not too far as i'm waiting for 6 weeks to pass for my own recovery (although I feel fine now!)
    DH is going back to work tomorrow so maybe things will get tough, i'm certainly in no rush to go out and about and DH will sort the cooking out at night if i haven't gto round to it. I do think things are probably easier because of bottle feeding, despite being devastated I can't BF. I'm going to at least express for 6 months if I can't get him to eventually attach, its tricky because my supply is still not great despite medication and alternative bits and pieces including pig trotter soup!!
    I was always worried about having a baby and how i would sleep as have always needed 8-9 hours, i try to sleep in the morning or the arvo with Jaan.. I have him in a cot right by my bed so as soon as i hear him stir in the night I feed him in very dim light and he goes back to sleep. I'm also taking chinese herbs and acupuncture which i think has helped with energy levels.
    For those whos bubbies are still on the inside, if you want to BF read all the forums so you have as much knowledge as you can about about potential problems. This is the one area I just assumed would be tough but not impossible and i didn't research it. I wish i had of been more knowledgeable in the hospy. I have been to see lactation consultants but at the end of the day Jaan is thrilled with his bottle.
    Super long post! hope it helps.. come on bubbas i'm waiting for more announcements!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow so much has been happening in the last few days.

I have finally moved into our new place and feel comfortable with the way the place is looking. Still have heaps to do to feel as comfortable for my boy to enter into the world.

I hope all of you that are doing it tough ATM will find the answers or help your needing and as totally agree that it does get easier ( ds didn't sleep through till he was 3. He started waking for feeds 4 hrly than went done to 2-3 hrly than thankfully just once a night). My biggest advice is to make dh share the load as much as possible too. My dh would wake at every feed to change him while I went to the loo or got a drink, plus it was a nice time for us to chat quietly too).

Broom, my waters just was like a trickle, first thought I had just wet myself but after the 3rd trip to the loo and after I couldn't control the trickle leaking on the floor before I had even pulled my pants down I knew it wasn't just a bladder issue. I didn't have any contractions at that stage but the leaking kept coming so if you think you are put on a maternity pad now cause when the contractions start, the leaking gets worse( so not elegant when they are examining you and you feel like you have weed on the midwife hahaha). Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks
    Reviews

Heaps of posts today ladies hope everyone is feeling good and those new mummies getting into good routines! I simply can't wait until our OB appointment on Wednesday - I want to know how far baby is engaged and how long he reckons we will be away from meeting baby. We are due on the 19th feb but I think we'll have him or her a week before at least maybe even two. I can feel bubs getting so big now and am starting to get that I want to meet baby now feeling lol!!! Our friends up in Queensland just had their little girl last week, also IVF and she is so adorable from the photos will I have a boy or girl it's really on my mind all the time now lol!! I have thought boy from the start and now for some reason am starting to sway towards girl!! Who knows!!! Sorry for the long post - I cannot imagine how I would have got through this pregnancy without the support of you ladies and being able to just talk crap or vent whenever!! Very helpful so thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies,

So many beautiful bubs! So excited for you all I can't wait to meet our baby too...

I need some help! I have tried to update the role call with my details and as usual on my iPad, I'm having problems...

My due date has now changed to the 6th Feb as I'm having a c-section... All through my pregnancy our baby has been about 2 weeks ahead in size, and at the 34 week appointment, the baby had sped up to 3-4 weeks ahead... So if we go full term, we will be looking at a 10 pound plus baby! (my DH was 10 pound 6 when born)

So that puts me at only 2 and a bit weeks to wait now...

I'm a little nervous about taking the baby home and those first few weeks... Thanks for all the tips on sleeping and Breast feeding... I hope to use them to keep my sanity in times of need at 3am when I'm at the end of my tether...

Hope to drop in more and keep in touch with where everyone is at... Love the photos too!

- Nebiskus