Closed Thread
Page 48 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1009 View Post
    Della only 3 days away Yaaay good luck with it all. Mesh 3rd feb will be here before you know it!!

Looking forward to my OB appointment tomorrow just need a bit of peace of mind I guess re this whole kidney dilation issue
    congrats to all with new arrivals - so exciting for you all...

SL i hope the OB appointment gives you some relief.
    Also sorry to hear about the pp and GD - pregnancy is so wonderful but complicated at the same time.

AFM - had big scare yesterday. Was at work and went into labour at 35 weeks. Had to find emergency cover for work and at 530pm ended up in hospital birth suite on the CTG for 5 hours. Was dehydrated and vomiting and in pain ++++ - CTG confirmed labour and uterine irritability. No regular pattern to the labour but very painful contractions. Ended up settling with some fluids and a GTN (glyceral trinitrate ) patch. Now allowed home (as hubby a doctor) and told not allowed to work anymore - was expecting to work till next week. On bedrest today and on tender hooks - havent packed a bag for hospital, got car seat in yet or set up breast pump or cot!!! - very amusing - better do it this afternoon!

have a good day girls -
    Gampa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Oh Gampa! I hope you are feeling ok! Luckily they have been able to stop it - although babies born now have great outcomes (as you'd know!) although I don't think anyone would want that! I hope you are resting well - so you know when you will be allowed home? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Oh Gampa! I hope you are feeling ok! Luckily they have been able to stop it - although babies born now have great outcomes (as you'd know!) although I don't think anyone would want that! I hope you are resting well - so you know when you will be allowed home? x
    thanks heaps - am feeling very emotional - dont know why - think ive been so busy working and looking after DD1 and DH and dying mother in law that its all got too much....they told me ive been workng too much and exhausted and if i want the baby to stay in there for a few more weeks then id better stop work and rest. As hubby is a doctor and we live 20 mins from the hospital - they allowed me home with GTN patch, some temazepam and panadeine forte. They wanted me to stay the night and normally you would have to but DH is a doctor so we get a little bit of lee way. Feel drugged up!! but contractions settled and now resting but feel like crying - so unlike me to cry, so must be the hormones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post

thanks! - feeling very emotional and like crying - must be pregnancy hormones.

Have been allowed home with panadeine forte, temazepam and GTN patch as DH is a doctor. WE get a little bit of lee way as he is a dr and we live close to the hospital. Normally they would make you stay but i convinced them i would be better in my own bed. On strict bed rest now and not allowed to work anymore - did have one more week to go but they have said no no to work and only to rest. ive put DD1 into day care today - feel really quilty as she had to be looked after by the neighbours yesterday evening and i didnt get to see her - why does motherhood always make us feel quilty!! - anyways going to sleep today ad rest and if i can pack a labour bag and get DH to put up the cot tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry for double post girls - the computer said id lost the first message and it didnt appear - so i retyped it and then the first one appeared - sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    congrats to all with new arrivals - so exciting for you all...

SL i hope the OB appointment gives you some relief.
    Also sorry to hear about the pp and GD - pregnancy is so wonderful but complicated at the same time.

AFM - had big scare yesterday. Was at work and went into labour at 35 weeks. Had to find emergency cover for work and at 530pm ended up in hospital birth suite on the CTG for 5 hours. Was dehydrated and vomiting and in pain ++++ - CTG confirmed labour and uterine irritability. No regular pattern to the labour but very painful contractions. Ended up settling with some fluids and a GTN (glyceral trinitrate ) patch. Now allowed home (as hubby a doctor) and told not allowed to work anymore - was expecting to work till next week. On bedrest today and on tender hooks - havent packed a bag for hospital, got car seat in yet or set up breast pump or cot!!! - very amusing - better do it this afternoon!

have a good day girls -
    Gampa
    Oh my goodness gampa what a shock!!! Hope you feel well and get lots of rest sounds like its going to happen soon x

Thanks
    Reviews

Geez gampa, how scary! So glad everything is ok. Rest up and snooze on those panadine forte. You sound like you have alot going in so try and relax. Is your mum around to help with your little one?
    You've had a shock so understandable that your upset, you need a 'me' day and now have a very important reason to take one. Your bub needs to keep on cookin!

Thanks
    Reviews

Try and not feel guilty gampa, you need to put yourself and baby first now and it will all be over very soon. Cry as much as you like you have every right too. Your very lucky to have a doctor dh so sounds like you are in safe hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im going to say what everyone else has already said... rest up Gampa!
    Its so scary and we have such a short time to grow these little angels.. take care of yourself!
    Im glad you could get your Daughter in Day Care.. use the time to sleep and rest.
    dont do too much - pack your bag - that is all!!!!!
    don't think, oh, now i can do this or that. Thats a trap I get into!
    Awesome DH is a Dr!!
    My BIL works at King Edward in Perth (hospital) so I can call when I need to ask something stupid without bothering my OB. must be awesome to run it all by DH!

Im lacking motivation this week
    DH back at work. Im still getting contractions and DS is a PITA!!!!
    Love him heaps, but gee he is whingy!!!
    Perth is at least 29 today - a break from the heat we have all been having.
    getting my hair done this afternoon, maybe that will pick me up a bit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Rest up Gampa & keep bub in there as long as you can XX