Closed Thread
Page 42 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rainaberdine - great weight gain!!!!
    at this age, its probably better to get into a mothers group.
    I run a playgroup in perth and the babies groups are always from mothers groups at around 6 months old (when they are getting to big to go to cafe's and houses!)
    I would contact your child health nurse and she will put you in touch with other mums with babies around the same age!
    if you do want to join a playgroup, go to http://www.playgroupqld.com.au/ and find one in your area. they generally try and group kids the same age in the groups, so you may struggle with one just for babies.
    sorry to waffle on!

Motherwillbe - congratulations! If my little girl was a boy he would have been called Isaac! great name
    Hope you are resting up and soaking in all the first little moments together!

Amy - you look great!!!!!

hope everyone else is going well. Im resting and breathing and just trying to cope with my stupid family/friends who don't seem to care what i am going though!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

O thanks adden I meant mothers group I didn't even know there was a difference! Lol I will go backhand edit my post

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries!
    Yep, just contact your child health nurse and they will get you into one!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainaberdine View Post
    Thanks guys! He has put on a bit of weight. Last week at our gp he weighed 2.33kg so that's around 5lb 2 so he shld be well over that again. Little Guy chows into his food like I'm starving him.

Meshell - he came home on xmas eve it's quite amazing what the hospitals can do nowadays for babies born early. They did tell us that a baby like James born at 31/32 weeks and weighing what he was measuring (over 1.5kg) have very favourable outcomes. It's still all very scary though when it's your own child being born early cos you do imagine all the worst things that can happen.

Question - do people know how I'd go about finding local mother groups? I think in normal situations the hospital would have given me some info but cos we spent so much time in special care that didn't happen. I'm in the south of Brisbane / north gold coast.
    Let me know when you find a group as I'm on the south side of brissy too and will want to find one when bubba comes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Let me know when you find a group as I'm on the south side of brissy too and will want to find one when bubba comes :-)
    Haha no worries mrs simmo. Ditto if you find one first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question - do people know how I'd go about finding local mother groups? I think in normal situations the hospital would have given me some info but cos we spent so much time in special care that didn't happen. I'm in the south of Brisbane / north gold coast.
    Contact your child health nurse... They are supposed to set up... Have you been seeing one? If not call the hospital you where supposed to have James in, they would have been the ones passing your info onto the nurse in your area, perhaps they can point you in the right direction :-) XX

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha no worries mrs simmo. Ditto if you find one first
    For sure or we start our own lol I'm at murarrie near carindale

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrs simmo For This Useful Post:

rainaberdine  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Congrats mother on the birth of your little one, enjoy him.

For bleeding post birth, I can't really comment on the first 24hrs but after that I went through one pack of maternity pads and an still wearing normal pads due to the occasional gush.

Eliana is doing well, she is not feeding great at the moment, its taking me up to an hour of screaming to get her to latch and suck, have a lactation consultant coming today to help out hopefully. Mchn coming on Wednesday. Dh is back at work today, which is actually kind of nice.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Not a great first pic of Jaan who is being treated for jaundice. He's quite happy in there but now has to be bottle fed and I'm worried he'll never BF. so sad today. And there was a huntsman in our hospital room to top things off ImageUploadedByBub Hub1357526613.206833.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Aww Beta... That must suck. Hope he is out superfast. The hospital does have breast pumps that you can use to stimulate an establish your supply (I know of others that have been in similar situations and gone on to breast feed successfully!) so all is not lost.

I hope you have an opportunity to bf. I have to say it was one of the most rewarding experiences of motherhood for me (even though we had lots of issues establishing it!)

I am pro bf BUT also pro choice and think that people should do what is best for them and their circumstances :-)

Good luck!