Closed Thread
Page 39 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Congratulations motherwillbe! what a gorgeous name for your little boy. We have had lots of girls so far, I think the odds are at 4/7 born so far!

I know what you mean Meshell - I don't know what induction is like (other than from what my sister has told me) I don't really care how bubs gets here as long as we are both safe and healthy! :-) having said that I do have a planned section so not unlike an induction (having a date) I guess!

As a side note, I'm now 35+3 and have noticed stretch marks on my lower tummy :-( I think they are my old ones just getting longer... But I didn't get any last time until after 36w... Luckily they aren't bad ATM. Hopefully won't get much worse...

Thanks
    Reviews

Out of all my friends having babies I'm the only one having a girl 4 are having boys and 1 is a surprise lol. So odd.

Congratulations on little issac. I hope he brings you much joy mother.

I'm becoming very impatient and even though the time is still going quickly just not quick enough for my liking!!!!! I want her here now!!!!! Lol I just keep thinking I will never meet her but at least she will be here at the latest 20th/21st of February (2weeks overdue) I justcant imagine how it's going to be seeing her for the first time and I really think it will be the most amazing moment in my life.

Thanks
    Reviews

Guys a few tips for hospy, take plentiful amounts of black underwear to accommodate the thickest pads you've ever seen, black bottoms incase there is a leak, and some sort of bottle you can use in the bathroom to run water over down there before drying with loo paper. And take pain relief regularly otherwise post birth discomfort can overshadow your joy. My experience so far.. Oh and be warned, midwives all have their take on how to establish bf and some of it is enough to really make you doubt yourself. Read up and when you are with your little one in the middle of the night all alone maybe that's when it comes together. Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I've wondered when the stretch marks kick in I haven't any yet and I'm always lathering my belly with moisturisers and oils to try keep them at bay just not sure when they may appear 4 weeks left I'd love to think I've escaped them
    broom that's a bit cute I'm feeling very much the same not long to go now we are nearly there girl!!
    I did the same Meshell! Unfortunately for me it was those last few weeks they all appeared! BUT they aren't bad (mine from dd faded really quickly) if you aren't prone to stretch marks (didn't get any through puberty etc) and don't get huge, you might be lucky and not to get them - I hope the rest of you ladies escape them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    I am hoping i go into labour naturally I feel this whole processes has been so planned I would love to experience the whole oh sh1t I'm in labour feeling though I'm excited to get him however it may happen, I have heard induction isn't the most pleasant
    i was induced because my waters broke but labour didn't start quick enough. Being inducted was very full on for me because I went from no pain to strong painful full stage contractions occurring every 1-2 min. It was not pleasant.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been very lucky with the stretch mark thing too. I've got a whole heap of really faded old ones from when I lost 37kgs in a 12 month span and now I'm back at that horrible fat weight so it's going to be a boring healthy yr for me lol I was expecting them to become red and widen and all that but so far no looks the same. I don't know how long that will last though lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Can any one help when does Braxton hicks start ?
    I have had an amount of pressure down stairs and pains the last few days as this is my first i don't know what to make of it all.
    I'm the same I have gone and brought cheap new undies so I can throw away if needed but brought black paints how many sets of cloths do u need to take ??

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Hi laladiesIm happy to announce the birth of our little boy Isaac Jonathan born 2 Jan 13, 7.13pm weighing 3.262 kgs and 52 cm.

just returned home today. Feeling a little worse for wear after forceps birth with episiotomy. Isaac was prosteria so had to be turned before he could be pulled out. He is doing so well though and every time I look at him I feel blessed by this miraclemiracle
    Congrats on the new arrival glad you and bub are well look forward to pics

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats mother, what a nice surprise to hear about your special little man. Take it easy ( I thought the pain from the stitches was worse than labour). Enjoy your new family and take comfort in knowing it will all get better from now on.

I love the water bottle to squirt idea and highly recommend taking a gel pack ( a small one you put in the freezer). I was only given a similar ting from the midwives which they would only give every few hours. The cold pack down there is such a relief if you have a tear/ episiotomy / stitches.

Oh and the best cream every is sooveit. It's for haemorrhoids and has a numbing agent in it too. Best to have some on stand by cause it works wonders for any perineum trauma to ( even though its not designed for that I found it was amazing for both problems).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    Can any one help when does Braxton hicks start ?
    I have had an amount of pressure down stairs and pains the last few days as this is my first i don't know what to make of it all.
    I'm the same I have gone and brought cheap new undies so I can throw away if needed but brought black paints how many sets of cloths do u need to take ??
    I started getting them from about 18 weeks this time. Mine are not painful just feel this weird sensation start and then my whole belly feels hard ( like someone is squeezing the whole thing). If its painful maybe give your midwife a call.

For clothes I guess it depends on your situation and the hospital ( public vs private). I would suggest a couple of pjs/ nighties, and a 2-3 sets of normal. It's nice to feel a bit dressed if you have visitors but you don't want loads to have sitting around the place ( usually the rooms are not to massive and tend to fill quick with a few guests). Dh can always get more if you need.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

mrs simmo  (06-01-2013)